Any recommedations for a PC gaming headset

alangst

CAGiversary!
So, I'm finally looking to pick up a PC gaming headset to use with a few different games, but I really don't know too much about them. Not looking to spend alot, but would like a quality product, or a really good deal. While I'm mainly using this for PC, it would also be a plus if it could be used with 360 or PS3. I usually shop through Amazon, newegg, or bestbuy, if that helps.

Thanks for any help and or advice.

Sony makes a first party wireless headset for the PS3 that goes for about $85 on Amazon. It also works on the PC (USB). I probably wouldn't have gotten it if I didn't get it for $60 (Amazon pre-order) but it is pretty solid. The unit is pretty bulky though.

None of the feature of the headset work when your on a pc for the ps3 headset (I have one as well). Also for some reason they dont let you run dolby 5.1 with the headset they only do 2.1 (or some low quality). I mean if you happen to have it I would say use it but I would not buy it for a pc.

[quote name='LlamaNinja']I am planning to buy a new one myself and I would say that Logitech makes a great one
Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 and on newegg they are pretty cheap for how nice they are.[/QUOTE]

I own the "console version" of this headset, the F540s. Pretty sure the only difference is the type of connector (wired USB vs. wireless base station with RCA and 3.5mm inputs). A friend picked up the F540s on my recommendation and he confirmed it does work with a PC, only requiring a few changes for the microphone setup if switching between the PS3 and PC.

I'll recommend either. Very comfortable, lightweight, good build quality and the sound is impressive.

Thx. for the quick replies. That logitech actually looks pretty nice. I hadn't really thought about getting a wireless headset, but that one is only about $20 more than most of the wired ones I had looked at.

I actually dug up an old usb ps2 logitech headset ( 1 earphone and mic), and I got it to work ok, but I'm curious what features the new ones might have vs. a 10 yr. old simple one. The sound worked fine, but I was concerned that the mic quality might have lots of static or pick up ambient noises and stuff.

Damn, I can't believe I went to sleep on the Logitech 930 deal on newegg, and then the price this morning jumped $30 back to $119. I didn't realize it was a daily sale item. Oh well, maybe It'll drop again.

bread's done
Back