Any recommendations for groomsman gifts?

hordak

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I'm getting hitched in August, have 5 groomsman (+1 best man, my dad!), and have been trying to narrow down the right gifts for them. For my dad, I'm going to get him something non-techy; he's in his mid-80s, and I think he would love a good Leatherman! However, for the rest of the guys, the decision hasn't been so clearcut. I originally was going to buy them PSPs through the Dell deal; I narrowly missed the window, but I think it was a stroke of luck. I don't think my buddies would have used it. I looked around online, but I just saw a bunch of stuff that I would not want to give them: mugs, belt buckles, pens, etc. Now, I think I'm going to get them all Freeagent Gos; seems like it is a gift that represents me and will also be useful to them.

Before I do this, I thought I'd check in with you guys for any thoughts. Basically, I'm open to anything that is "techy" and actually goes beyond the initial "wow" factor to provide some real usefulness; I guess... something like a Leatherman, but on the technical side.

Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance!

I don't think robot whores would fly... they are all married or in committed relationships. Besides I don't think they exist. :)

PSP... YES! Was so close to buy one each... especially since each tux is costing them $150 a pop to rent. The PSP would have been cheaper. ;)

Was just a groomsman this past weekend - got Ghostbusters 360 and a massive Blizzard stein. That's what happens when the bride's vows include "I promise to play video games with you."

[quote name='jlseal']Engraved flasks. What better way to say "You look like a drunk on the go."[/QUOTE]

I was about to say this. This is what my buddy who recently got hitched got all of us. They sure came in nice during the reception since the sodas were free, instant mixed drinks!

[quote name='jlseal']Engraved flasks. What better way to say "You look like a drunk on the go."[/QUOTE]

my cousin just got married. he gave one groomsman an engraved flask and the other groomsman an engraved pocketwatch. both nice simple things.

I bought all my groomsman engraved flasks and engraved pocket knives. And for my brother who was my best man I also got him a engraved sliver picture frame with a picture of us together when we were younger. I also took them all to a Steelers game which cost me a pretty penny.

One of my friends went to the Makers Mark distillery and got each groomsman a bottle of Makers Mark bourbon with customized labels commemorating the wedding - they were really beautiful

Flasks are always good. Sports tickets for everyone to be at the same game sounds like fun too.

If nothing else, take them out somewhere fancy and have them bring their significant others. Congrats on getting married.

I've gotten an engraved pocket watch and a few visa gift cards for the three weddings I've been involved in. I really dug the gift cards cuz it let me do what I wanted.

flask's are fine, but it's like buying your dad a tie for fathers day. I bought each of my groomsman something small, in the $25-$50 range and made it personal, but promised them all a party bus (we got our pictures before the wedding, i hated the idea of making people wait at a reception). If you and your bride have some good friends, it will be so much fun and really takes the pressure off. not for everyone, but it was awesome

My brother-in-law gave us all wristwatches. We got them the day before the wedding (at the rehearsal dinner) & wore them with our tuxedos at the wedding.

lol i third the flasks.
give it to them when everyone is getting ready. so they can fill them with their booze of choice.
that what happened with my wedding and everyone had a blast.

I was the best man at my cousin's wedding and he bought all of us a baseball bat that was engraved with our name and the wedding stuff along with "Best Man" for mine. We're all into baseball so it was a really neat gift. I still have it displayed on my wall.

bread's done
Back