Any spectacular deals on a 360 right now?

[quote name='oakleyswitch']it would be an ok deal, if you know how the company would actually handle the warranty for it. 299 isnt bad[/quote]

Geeks is only offering a 90 Day warranty on it...and considering it's a refurb...I'd wait till October for the new 65nm chips (less heat/warping/RROD), and drop $399 on a new premium...or $479 for an Elite.

~HotShotX

This promotion is for a Refurb __________________ , I have looked on the link on geeks.com for the 360 and i do not see where it says it's refurbished? Never mind i see when you try to buy it it says refurb. :(

I'd be very careful about buying a second-hand 360 right now. Microsoft just started cracking down on the modchip scene and have banned thousands of consoles (not users, consoles) from Xbox Live. There's no way to get unbanned, and they ban by the unique ID of the console so changing out a HDD or gamertag won't unban you.

I think a lot of people who are suddenly in the market to sell their 360s "As-is" are modders trying to recoup their loss.

If you're willing to go through the hassle, you could always try 3604free.com (for a premium) or 360elite4free.com (for the elite). It's run by the same people who run yourfree360games.com, and I can vouch (as can many others on this site) that it indeed does work. It'll take some work, but if you do the right offers, you can end up with an elite for something like $50. As long as you're on top of things and can keep up with when things need to be cancelled and when things need to be sent back, it's a really good alternative to going and buying one in store.

bread's done
Back