Any Spiderman 3 bonuses or limited editions?

MidnightMetal

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Any neat limited edition sets and/or cool bonuses for Spiderman 3?

I really haven't heard alot for Spiderman 3 dvd, obviously Transformers had tons of stuff and Spiderman must have even more

Just curious, thanks

I hope Best Buy has the bonus stuff

I remember they had a bonus dvd with the VH1 Spiderman special included with the Spider-Man 2 disc DVD set that came out in 2004

that was back in the old days when the 2 disc dvd was standard and you did have to pay $22.99 if you wanted the 2 disc dvd.

the only thing i know for sure that best buy will have is a free spider-man mask (either red/blue or black) with the purchase of any version of the dvd. from what i saw on the ad, there is no bonus disc or exclusive packaging...

wal-mart has a bonus dvd and lenticular packaging... with the single-disc only though, from what the coming soon ads in their stores shows

Walmart will also have an exclusive Spider-Man comic written by Brian Bendis.

t_CUSTSONYSM3001_dc2.jpg

The comic, written by Bendis, with pencils by Bagley, inks by Scott Hanna and edited by Nicole Boose is an extra included in copies of the DVD that will be sold at Wal-Mart.

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=133304

pencils by bagley.. hmmm
anyone have pics of that mask from best buy?
i wanna know if its paper, plastic or what before i commit.
i usually buy from best buy, but the comic book...

Taken from DVDTalk forums:

Wal-Mart
$19.96 (Single Disc) - DVD Bonus
This Wal-Mart exclusive pack includes the Widescreen edition DVD with collectible lenticular packaging, bonus DVD and a limited edition Mega Guide comic book.

Blockbuster Video Thanks whotony
$? - 2 Film Cells and a Card
May not just be a bbv thing.

Best Buy Canada Thanks miz.eerie
$35.99 - Spiderman 3 T-Shirt
Link

Best Buy USA Thanks miz.eerie, shyguy1083
any version - Spiderman Mask
"shyguy1083 says "best buy is gonna have a spidey mask (either red or black) with any version purchased. but i think that's about it. i'm guessing it'll be like the nacho libre mask that came with that dvd."

Suncoast, Sam Goody, Wherehouse and FYE Thanks miz.eerie, db27
about $30 - 3 Different Gift Sets with Figurine

" db27 says Neg on the steelbook for fye, we already have our allocations for the new releases and would have gotten word. We also have the figurine sets as our exclusive this time. we got pix in a pdf file of 3 different giftsets each coming with a figurine, I have a PDF file of it, but don't know how to post or where to host it if anyone wants to see. they are going to be about $30 I'm told, not sure if they are limited or exclusive to our stores. (fye, transworld)"

"shacmasta says They are pretty big. The dvd is packed inside a slot in the display box besides the paperweight statue. They look like the usual resin paperweight statues that are currently being sold at various souvenir shops along NYC and some fye stores as well."

Futureshop Canada Thanks miz.eerie
$29.99 (2 disc) - Steelbook

ezydvd.com Thanks miz.eerie
$AU29.83 - Collectors Tin
Currently Out of Stock

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=515220

Check the link out for pics of the Futureshop, Suncoast, etc. offers!

Target will have a special addtion with exclusive cover..collectable movie production notebook and a bonus disc with winners from spin you own webisode contest and more!. $22.99 (Bluray regular edition also available $29.99)

If you dont own the first 2 then for either $27.99 standard you get all 3 and $69.99 for bluray all 3.

[quote name='Supermanneon']Target will have a special addtion with exclusive cover..collectable movie production notebook and a bonus disc with winners from spin you own webisode contest and more!. $22.99[/QUOTE]

Would this happen to be the 2-disc edition?

God damn it! I might have to buy the movie a couple of times now.

I want the comic from Walmart (and the holographic cover).
I want the mask from Best Buy.
I want the Target Production notebook...

This is gonna suck.

usually the lenticular sleeves arent shrinkwrapped to the case.

buy it and return the dvd without the sleeve.

[quote name='whotony']usually the lenticular sleeves arent shrinkwrapped to the case.

buy it and return the dvd without the sleeve.[/quote]

If that's true, then that's great.

Fred Meyer hands out a free SM3 Junior Novel after $5 down for the SM3 DVD.

The novel includes some coupons on Sony products such as $5 off $9.99 Sony DVDs.

Anyone know Brick & Mortar store prices for the Blu-ray Spider-man Trilogy?

I know it will be $69.99 at Best Buy.
Also $55.98 at familyvideo.com

[quote name='deadite76']Would this happen to be the 2-disc edition?[/quote]Yea 1 is the movie and the other is the special features with all the others stated.

ok...Target seems like the place I want to pick up SM3 but one question...

is their exclusive set the 2-Disc version with a bonus disc, exclusive cover, and production notebook or is it the 1-Disc version with the Target Exclusive material?

I hope it is the 2-Disc version with the bonus material (making it a 3-Disc set kinda)

Blah, I find it hard to get excited over any debut DVD release nowadays. I'm just counting the days until the inevitable re-release with extra footage or whatever. Damn you, film industry! Damn you for jading this starry-eyed moviegoer!

Oh thanks to deadite76 for the heads-up from DVD Talk though! Very informative.

The prior link I posted from DVDtalk is now closed, but all S3 info can be found in their weekly store exclusives thread:

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=515277

BTW here's a little some info from that thread for those of you interested in the FYE/Suncoast/etc. figure:

the 3 figures at twec are about 10" tall, and sadly come packaged with the single disc edition. Full retail is $49.99 and I'd suspect sale pricing of about $35.

They are MUCH larger than I expected. Also, the box does not say exclusive on them at all so I honestly don't know if they are now.

[quote name='sephiroth61787']God damn it! I might have to buy the movie a couple of times now.

I want the comic from Walmart (and the holographic cover).
I want the mask from Best Buy.
I want the Target Production notebook...

This is gonna suck.[/quote]
guna suck indeed... T__T

anyone have pics of the mask or notebook by any chance?

[quote name='l rumble l']This may be stupid, but is this comming out in HD or is it only Blue ray.[/quote] SM3 is Sony's property and I don't think they would be keen to see it on HD-DVD while they are waging a format war aka Blu-Ray vs HD-DVD.

Here's a picture I found on the net of the mask included with purchase of the movie at Best Buy.

I wonder if its reversible or if it comes with one or the other, or both.

CC is giving out the soundtrack with the one disc DVD.

Its wierd becuase on th page it says the DVD with the soundtrack is $19.99 but right next to it it says, FREE Soundtrack.

The regular DVD w/o the soundtrack is also advertised with a LOW PRICE listed....so I guess you can make an argument if you want the soundtrack really for free....or else youll just be paying more for it.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Here's a picture I found on the net of the mask included with purchase of the movie at Best Buy.

I wonder if its reversible or if it comes with one or the other, or both.[/QUOTE]

The blu ray trilogy is only gonna be $61 at BB? They're killin' me and my wallet.

Grab a 10% Discount Card and if you have $5 reward certificate and you saved $10 and you paid $50.40+tax! You can also pricematch plus you get 10% off difference as well!

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Grab a 10% Discount Card and if you have $5 reward certificate and you saved $10 and you paid $50.40+tax! You can also pricematch plus you get 10% off difference as well![/quote]

10% off discount card?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Here's a picture I found on the net of the mask included with purchase of the movie at Best Buy.

I wonder if its reversible or if it comes with one or the other, or both.[/quote]
The blu-ray version is only $4 more than the 2-disc DVD?! It sounds like a better buy if you have a PS3/BR player. Does the BR version come with all the bonus materials from the 2-disc DVD?

[quote name='l rumble l']This may be stupid, but is this comming out in HD or is it only Blue ray.[/quote]Let's see, it's a Sony movie, so I'm sure it's coming on HD-DVD. :rofl:

It's BR only. ;)

[quote name='l rumble l']This may be stupid[/quote]
1st stupid (no need for possibles, it is in fact stupid)

[quote name='l rumble l']is this comming out in HD or is it only Blue ray.[/quote]
2nd stupid (misspelled "coming")

[quote name='l rumble l']is this comming out in HD[/quote]
3rd stupid (yes, it is out in HD, on Blu-Ray)

[quote name='l rumble l'] is it only Blue ray.[/quote]
4th stupid (misspelled "Blu-Ray")

[quote name='l rumble l']s it only Blue ray.[/quote]
5th stupid (no question mark)

[quote name='l rumble l']This may be stupid, but is this comming out in HD or is it only Blue ray.[/quote]
6th stupid (asking a question that can be easily looked up online)

So it is, in fact, confirmed to be stupid.

I wonder if its reversible or if it comes with one or the other, or both.[/quote]
aawww man.. i want that mask, but i want the notebook too..

fuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know what pisses me off about this?

I have over 250 hi def releases.

Know how many of them came with the free sheot that regular dvd people got, who paid THE SAME PRICE AS HI DEF OWNERS? zero.

Blu ray gets absolutely none of this cool sheot the regular dvd people get.. Im getting the blu ray trilogy for a friend, but I want the reversible sleeve, the art book, everything. But no, I cant get it, cuz its regular dvd. gay.

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']You know what pisses me off about this?

I have over 250 hi def releases.

Know how many of them came with the free sheot that regular dvd people got, who paid THE SAME PRICE AS HI DEF OWNERS? zero.

Blu ray gets absolutely none of this cool sheot the regular dvd people get.. Im getting the blu ray trilogy for a friend, but I want the reversible sleeve, the art book, everything. But no, I cant get it, cuz its regular dvd. gay.[/quote]But you're getting True 1080p HD video and stunning HD surround sound!!!!

I'm picking up the bluray trilogy at BB as it seems to be the cheapest I've seen it... I'm also going to try to ask for a mask, as my BB never voluntarily forks over freebies. I have bought countless dvd's there on the release date that were supposed to come with a BB exclusive but I never got anything. The least they can do is give me a damn mask for buying a bluray set that costs arond 4x more than the regular widescreen dvd.

I wonder how many cheap fuck ers will be wearing those masks the next day as their Halloween costume?

I too am going to pick up the BD trilogy at BB. I would think they will let you get a free mask as well since it's all advertised right there in the same space in the ad. Don't forget the trick or treat bag as well.

[quote name='whotony']mask will probably be sealed on pack.[/quote]

It may, but the ad does state it's free when you buy the widescreen OR limited edition S3. Usually when there's more then one edition of a movie coming out with the same freebie, they just have the freebies separate. I guess we'll see Tuesday.

is there anything else on the target bonus dvd besides some silly contest winners?

the regular cover with the spiderman venom reflection is much better than the target cover with spidermans face looking at his hand which is turning black.

On the bottom of the Best Buy ad page with the Spider-Man 3 deals, it says that the free mask offer excludes Blu-Ray and Trilogy Editions.

[quote name='ShaneFalco']is there anything else on the target bonus dvd besides some silly contest winners?

the regular cover with the spiderman venom reflection is much better than the target cover with spidermans face looking at his hand which is turning black.[/quote]

the production notebook is excusive to this store

[quote name='l rumble l']This may be stupid, but is this comming out in HD or is it only Blue ray.[/QUOTE]

spiderman = sony blue ray :(

now I am starting to regret getting the HD-DVD deal last week from BB :(

I am in the minority but I agree with Michael Bay on thing and that is better to wait until one format blu-ray or HD DVD wins before investing in high definition dvds

[quote name='ShaneFalco']I am in the minority but I agree with Michael Bay on thing and that is better to wait until one format blu-ray or HD DVD wins before investing in high definition dvds[/quote]

eh, that'll take too long, I just got both and don't have to worry :D

bread's done
Back