Any Spiderman 3 bonuses or limited editions?

MidnightMetal

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Any neat limited edition sets and/or cool bonuses for Spiderman 3?

I really haven't heard alot for Spiderman 3 dvd, obviously Transformers had tons of stuff and Spiderman must have even more

Just curious, thanks

how does the Bestbuy SM mask fit? is it really small for a child or can an adult fit to it? i bought my copy but it's still sealed.

[quote name='kdelane']how does the Bestbuy SM mask fit? is it really small for a child or can an adult fit to it? i bought my copy but it's still sealed.[/quote]

Its really small, for a child. I tried to fit it and I made it stretch but it fit too tight.

FYI: On the masks, they are packaged with the DVD and you choose Black or Red. I got red but now I wish I got black.

I dunno if its just the Best Buy Single disc edition but do the stores that sell the single disc aside from best Buy also have the Postcards inside the case?

If not than your not only getting a free mask, but some free postcards as well. And a Spider-Man 3 halloween bag.

Best deal imo.

Which is what i went with.

I just wish the mask was bigger. I cant wear it. meh. I wish I knew a place that sold manaquin heads so I could put it on display.

I picked up the Blu-ray trilogy today. I didn't ask for a haloween bag so hence I didn't get one. Are they basically just those glossy paper gift bags that upscale clothing stores give out?

[quote name='hmbtnguy']I picked up the Blu-ray trilogy today. I didn't ask for a haloween bag so hence I didn't get one. Are they basically just those glossy paper gift bags that upscale clothing stores give out?[/quote]

More like a treat bag given out at a kids birthday party but bigger.

for those still getting the spiderman dvd's

Sears - Exclusive Spiderman CD-Rom on 1-DISC and 2 - Disc special editions!

Im sure you can also pricematch from CC or BB if they arent on sale already! Hope this helps!

K-Mart is also giving out some CD-Rom.

I got the 3-disk version from Target for $22.99, total $25.

If I buy it at BB($24.99) and then return it do you guys think the Mask will be listed on the receipt?

Deluxe Edition at Target for me, as well. I was worried about the content of their exclusive bonus disc (winners of the Target webisodes contest? Meh.), but it turns out it has a 30 minute behind-the-scenes doc on it, too--woo-hoo! I also picked up the single disc version at Wal-Mart with their exclusive tie-in comic (very cool) and bonus DVD, then sold off the single disc of the movie that I didn't need to someone at work.

[quote name='Filmmaker']Deluxe Edition at Target for me, as well. I was worried about the content of their exclusive bonus disc (winners of the Target webisodes contest? Meh.), but it turns out it has a 30 minute behind-the-scenes doc on it, too--woo-hoo! I also picked up the single disc version at Wal-Mart with their exclusive tie-in comic (very cool) and bonus DVD, then sold off the single disc of the movie that I didn't need to someone at work.[/quote]

So you now have an exclusive 4-disc version, nice.

picked up the 3 disc version from Target today... lets hope that 3rd disc isn't more fluff like what CC did with FF:RoTSS 3 disc edition :(

The mask/DVD combo at BB is shrink wrapped together, but there is no additional shrink wrap on the DVD...meaning that if you unwrap to get the mask, the DVD will no longer be sealed so you can't return it for a refund. I also checked the UPC for the widescreen version and the widescreen with the mask...the UPC's don't match. I bought the Blu-ray trilogy and my son was happy anyways because he got the "Doc Ock movie" as he calls Spiderman 2.

[quote name='180husher']The mask/DVD combo at BB is shrink wrapped together, but there is no additional shrink wrap on the DVD...meaning that if you unwrap to get the mask, the DVD will no longer be sealed so you can't return it for a refund. I also checked the UPC for the widescreen version and the widescreen with the mask...the UPC's don't match. I bought the Blu-ray trilogy and my son was happy anyways because he got the "Doc Ock movie" as he calls Spiderman 2.[/quote]Are the masks really as small as some have been reporting? I'd love to see some pics if anyone else that picked 'em up could post. Were they pretty limited in stock? I'm thinking I won't even see any more if I go tomorrow morning.

[quote name='D_Icon']K-Mart is also giving out some CD-Rom.

I got the 3-disk version from Target for $22.99, total $25.

If I buy it at BB($24.99) and then return it do you guys think the Mask will be listed on the receipt?[/QUOTE]

Like previous poster stated its shrink wrapped together with the mask.

Also, the mask only comes with the Single Disc version. Not the 2 Disc version. So if you want that extra disc your outta luck.

Single disc there is $14.99 btw.

anyone else having problems w/their dvds? I got the single disk version and it won't play past chapter 33...well, runs into problems mid-34. I was watching it on my 360 at first, but have tried other players too...same problem.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']
Also, the mask only comes with the Single Disc version. Not the 2 Disc version. So if you want that extra disc your outta luck.
[/QUOTE]

thats not true, it also comes with the 2-disc standard-DVD version with the red border (in both red or black), as i saw them at my BB today...

It turns out that the Spider-Man mask does quite a bit of stretching...I was able to fit it after a couple tries, its snug but I can pull it off. This is easily one of the best extras.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']It turns out that the Spider-Man mask does quite a bit of stretching...I was able to fit it after a couple tries, its snug but I can pull it off. This is easily one of the best extras.[/QUOTE]

This is actually true. I stretched ita few times and it finally slipped ontomy big fat head, lol. Pretty cool. Thanks for posting your success, I gave up, but your post reencouraged me.

:)

Now I have a Spidey mask and a Nacho Libre mask.

I hope Best Buy continues with its mask exclusives.

I bought two spider-man single disc dvds with the mask but now since 180husher said the dvds are not shrinkwrapped I will return both dvds

it would be cool to have the masks but all the dvds that had the masks had packages that were messed up.

[quote name='D_Icon']So you now have an exclusive 4-disc version, nice.[/quote]

Actually, it would be a 5-disc exclusive--I also picked up Wal-Mart's exclusive "The Villians of SPIDER-MAN 3" bonus DVD with SPIDER-MAN 2.1 earlier this year... :lol:

I was going to pick up the Blu-Ray trilogy today until I realized that even with my $5 RZ cert., it would still be cheaper with DDD's next 20% off sale, assuming the price is at what they list it for now.

I found out that Frys advertised Blu Trilogy at lower price on AD, so I decided to call my local frys and they said its advertised $59.99! Then I called Circuit City if they some left in stock but no luck and it really expensive that cost $79.99. If you pricematch at Circuit City then you'll get 110% off the difference so you saved $2 off $59.99 so make it $57.99!

Spider Man 3 T.W.E.C. Exclusive
Front of the box view
SD_FYE1.jpg

Back of the box view
SD_FYE8.jpg

Top of the box view
SD_FYE7.jpg

Side of the box view
SD_FYE6.jpg

3dimensional view
SD_FYE4.jpg

Comparative Size view (right beside it is the Target DVD)
SD_FYE2.jpg

My Spiderman 3 Collection
SD_FYE5.jpg

xage, what is that to the right of the Wal-Mart bundle? It looks like a Circuit City-style bonus DVD, but I remember no such disc ever being advertised. And, if it is a DVD (and not something weak, like K-Mart's CD-ROM), what's on it?

[quote name='Filmmaker']xage, what is that to the right of the Wal-Mart bundle? It looks like a Circuit City-style bonus DVD, but I remember no such disc ever being advertised. And, if it is a DVD (and not something weak, like K-Mart's CD-ROM), what's on it?[/quote]

Its a SpiderMan 3 promo DVD-ROM (despite advertised as DVD) given upon purchase of any Sony DVD at Sears and Sony stores back in April of this year..

[quote name='LinkinPrime']What's TWEC?[/quote]

TWEC stands for Trans World Entertainment Corp

Its the corporate or mother company of these store chains:

FYE
Suncoast
Sam Goodys
Coconuts
Wherehouse
Secondspin
Saturday Matinee

[quote name='xage']Its a SpiderMan 3 promo DVD-ROM (despite advertised as DVD) given upon purchase of any Sony DVD at Sears and Sony stores back in April of this year..[/quote]

Ah, okay, so I don't have to go into a seizure fit, then...whew...

Holy schnikies !!!

I was worried about it ripping, since it was so small, but I did stretch it a bit and got it on my fat head as well I'm pretty cool now !

borders bookstores has their own exclusive.
It looks like the target slip case 2-disc edition cover, but (corrected with Filmmaker's keen observation, thanks - it might be a single-disc edition)
apparently has "trading cards inside" - $24.99

below pic is from their weekly email (see the "sticker text"), but i have not been able to to check brick& mortar in-store to confirm what it looks like yet.
here is the link on their website: http://beta.bordersstores.com/onlin...uct&sku=043396239098&id=57441927#aboutProduct

spiderman3borders.jpg

[quote name='tink']borders bookstores has their own exclusive.
It looks like the target slip case 2-disc edition cover, but apparently has "trading cards inside" - $24.99[/quote]

Eh? That looks like the regular single-disc cover; Target's 2-discer (actually, 3-discer) has a closer image of Spiderman's face looking down at his hand turning black. At the top, it says "Widescreen Deluxe Edition". Even the standard 2-disc version has a red border and says "Special Edition" at the top, so this Borders exclusive looks like it might be a single-disc only bust...

Here you go! I got the single disc version, mainly because I didn't fell like spending anymore..(saving up for Rock Band, Assassin's Creed, Kane & Lynch, Mass Effect, and Mario!)

As reported, it takes a little bit of muscle to stretch the mask, but after a while the mask fits over your head...here's me wearing it after trying for about 5 minutes to put it on.

photo58vb0.jpg

This isn't a question exclusive to the Spider-Man Bluray Trilogy, but because that is what I want to buy, I will ask...

Has anyone had any luck using the Best Buy 10% Off coupons when purchasing Blu-ray or HD-DVD? The coupon says it is not usable for "New Release DVDs"...but I want to try and use it on the Spider-Man Trilogy, saying "It's not a DVD, it's Blu-ray!"

Has anyone previously attempted this?

[quote name='Filmmaker']Eh? That looks like the regular single-disc cover; Target's 2-discer (actually, 3-discer) has a closer image of Spiderman's face looking down at his hand turning black. At the top, it says "Widescreen Deluxe Edition". Even the standard 2-disc version has a red border and says "Special Edition" at the top, so this Borders exclusive looks like it might be a single-disc only bust...[/QUOTE]

actually, i remember now and you're right about the cover, it's not the target cover in the picture, but it's a mighty rip-off if it is indeed only a single-disc edition for $24.99.

i've corrected my above post, thanks

[quote name='SuperFox']This isn't a question exclusive to the Spider-Man Bluray Trilogy, but because that is what I want to buy, I will ask...

Has anyone had any luck using the Best Buy 10% Off coupons when purchasing Blu-ray or HD-DVD? The coupon says it is not usable for "New Release DVDs"...but I want to try and use it on the Spider-Man Trilogy, saying "It's not a DVD, it's Blu-ray!"

Has anyone previously attempted this?[/quote]

Whether or not these coupons are accepted for new releases was answered a few posts back. In my experience, they were accepted every time except once, and probably because that guy was new because I've only seen him once and never again. Of course, this is YMMV since it does say it's not valid on the coupon itself.

However, my question is whether or not they will take these coupons for Blu-Ray items. I'm willing to be that you can get away with it, but YMMV again, of course.

[quote name='Mugen Power']Whether or not these coupons are accepted for new releases was answered a few posts back. In my experience, they were accepted every time except once, and probably because that guy was new because I've only seen him once and never again. Of course, this is YMMV since it does say it's not valid on the coupon itself.

However, my question is whether or not they will take these coupons for Blu-Ray items. I'm willing to be that you can get away with it, but YMMV again, of course.[/quote]

The problem is my Best Buy is overly sensitive with these coupons - I remember using a 10% coupon when buying Bioshock, and the manager had to come over to give the go-ahead because the cashier wouldn't accept it, saying it was not valid on newly released video games...so if she wouldn't accept it on an "exception" that's not listed on the coupon, I'm thinking they won't accept it for an exception that is listed on the coupon.

[quote name='SuperFox']The problem is my Best Buy is overly sensitive with these coupons - I remember using a 10% coupon when buying Bioshock, and the manager had to come over to give the go-ahead because the cashier wouldn't accept it, saying it was not valid on newly released video games...so if she wouldn't accept it on an "exception" that's not listed on the coupon, I'm thinking they won't accept it for an exception that is listed on the coupon.[/quote]

Then I guess in your case, your mileage is zero. I've used it on new release things before and actually, now that I think about it, the time I got rejected from the newb cashier was because one of the exclusions was "on regularly priced items" and he called me out on that. Otherwise, I was able to use these kinds of coupons at the BB I currently go to as well as another I used to frequent a lot.

I say just give it a shot. Worst case scenario is they say no and you fork over the extra cash or walk out without the item.

[quote name='SuperFox']This isn't a question exclusive to the Spider-Man Bluray Trilogy, but because that is what I want to buy, I will ask...

Has anyone previously attempted this?[/quote]

I decided to try this today and it worked for me. I originally bought the Spider-Man Blu-Ray Trilogy on Tuesday when it came out, but I brought it back along with another DVD set and a CD that I also bought on Tue. The CSR tried to re-adjust the prices on the original receipt to reflect the 10% off but she had problems so she had to refund me the money I originally paid, then do a re-purchase. After she scanned the coupon, only the Spider-Man BRT got the 10% off, the other 2 didn't because they weren't regularly priced, they were new releases and on sale. But I ended up getting the Spider-Man BRT for 54.89.

[quote name='tink']actually, i remember now and you're right about the cover, it's not the target cover in the picture, but it's a mighty rip-off if it is indeed only a single-disc edition for $24.99.

i've corrected my above post, thanks[/QUOTE]

Alright so I checked out Borders B&M store in New York city.
It is indeed a 2-disc widescreen edition at $24.99 (says so on the back), but i didn't find any one with the "includes trading cards" sticker on any of the boxes.

It did, however, have a sticker that said "Free Spider-man Collectible Window Decal inside" on the 2 disc set.

FYI, to those looking to "complete" their collection.

[quote name='tink']Alright so I checked out Borders B&M store in New York city.
It is indeed a 2-disc widescreen edition at $24.99 (says so on the back), but i didn't find any one with the "includes trading cards" sticker on any of the boxes.[/quote]

??? But it has the single-disc's cover art? Or was the ad you displayed not a completely accurate presentation of the cover? I think the question is still unanswered--since you didn't find one with the trading cards, you haven't yet discovered if that (apparently rare) set is 1-disc or 2.

I don't know why the other thread got closed, but today I went down to K-Mart to get the ad of the week. Afterwards I went to try and price match Spider-Man 3 BlueRay at a BB for $6.99. The cashier at BB was about to do it, but she instead went for the manager because the deal was too good to be true. The manager then calls a K-Mart to confirm that they do sell Spder-Man 3 for $6.99. K-Mart says no so it was a no go. I then go to a nearby Wal-Mart, there I was able to get Spider-Man 3 on BlueRay for $6.99.

Good stuff.

[quote name='Filmmaker']??? But it has the single-disc's cover art? Or was the ad you displayed not a completely accurate presentation of the cover? I think the question is still unanswered--since you didn't find one with the trading cards, you haven't yet discovered if that (apparently rare) set is 1-disc or 2.[/QUOTE]

Nope, borders' 2disc edition does indeed have the single disc cover art work on it when i checked in-store.
either they changed the bonus inside to a window decal or NYC borders have something different than other regions (the second option seems more unlikely).

Does the target 3-disc deluxe include any postcards? From what I read, bestbuy copies have 5 postcards packed inside.

[quote name='eau']Does the target 3-disc deluxe include any postcards?[/quote]

No, it's packed with a bonus DVD and a healthy insert of copious production notes.

bread's done
Back