Any stock numbers for the Wii launch??

Nutts

CAGiversary!
Feedback
45 (100%)
Does anyone have any idea how many units thier Best Buy, Target, Wal-Mart or Meijer is getting for the launch. Anyone have any scans?

Well, it depends on your area. The weird thing is that they weren't drop shipped (from what I can tell). UPS delivered them and they came in boxes of 3. They are getting more units EVERY DAY. Some already have 20 or so units and getting more today and tomorrow.

My Best Buy is currently expecting over 100. All Walmart SC's said they were getting around 30. Circuit City didn't really know, but thought around 30-40. Target was clueless as well, but said at least 20.

Furthermore, they state that calls for the system haven't been significant; not even close to the amount they had for the PS3.

I'm going to Walmart SC around 6PM tomorrow night and hoping to snag one at Midnight. ;)

That's kind of my thought too. I was going to try Meijer since they are giving a free nunchuck with the purchase of the system and a wiimote. But I guess that thier supply would be more limited. It would be nice to know if Walmart or Target would have more of a stock incase I had to go to a backup plan. Of course Best Buy shouldn't be hard to get one.

The target I went to said they had 12 and there was some moron who worked at CC who was saying Gamestop was getting the biggest shipments and they were all taken in preorders. I had to walk away.

I called the Target based on the speculation that Wii number tracker site had and it said on there they had 120 for launch. The phone call said that they easily had over 100 units for it. That's enough to make it my place of purchase

Yeah, I hear TRU is getting the biggest allotments. But since you didn't mention TRU, I assume that means there isn't a TRU near you. :(

Aside from TRU, everyone seems to be going to Best Buy. Thats both a good indication, and a bad one.

This link gives you an overall clue how many each retailer received:

http://www.wiiloaded.com/wiinews-3082

The figures seem pretty accurate based on what has been floating around on the net. Bottom line is it looks like TRU should be your best shot depending on how many they've already pre-sold.

Target told me 130.
Bestbuy said at least 60.

Kind of farfetched that Target would get more than BB.

Then again comparatively to other stores in the chain the local Target probably does better than the local BB.

Just talked to a Walmart Supercenter by me and they already have 20 in and are expecting 9 more tomorrow. Town where it is is a population of 8,000 or so people. Same place only got 6 PS3 systems.

[quote name='fldash']Well, it depends on your area. The weird thing is that they weren't drop shipped (from what I can tell). UPS delivered them and they came in boxes of 3. They are getting more units EVERY DAY. Some already have 20 or so units and getting more today and tomorrow.

My Best Buy is currently expecting over 100. All Walmart SC's said they were getting around 30. Circuit City didn't really know, but thought around 30-40. Target was clueless as well, but said at least 20.

Furthermore, they state that calls for the system haven't been significant; not even close to the amount they had for the PS3.

I'm going to Walmart SC around 6PM tomorrow night and hoping to snag one at Midnight. ;)[/QUOTE]

Same story, different state... no calls to the Walmart in GA, it's like no one cares (YET) and Ill be there at 6pm.

bread's done
Back