Any stores actually open on X-Mas day?

gmzone

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
I doubt it, and not that I need to run out for a last minute gift, but I was just wondering if any stores are going to be open for Christmas day.

[quote name='davidmt']Probably WalMart (those greedy bastards never close) and I'm sure Walgreens is open.[/quote]
I work for the almighty Wal-Mart, and it is closed every Christmas.

[quote name='pyro808'][quote name='davidmt']Probably WalMart (those greedy bastards never close) and I'm sure Walgreens is open.[/quote]
I work for the almighty Wal-Mart, and it is closed every Christmas.[/quote]

I don't know, I am pretty sure I saw a big sign near mine that read "OPEN XMAS DAY!".

[quote name='dpatel']im working tomorrow. Blockbuster and movie theatres will be open. :([/quote]

Fat Albert opens on Xmas actually. (Saw a poster with that on it by the supermarket.)

Movie/Game rental places are open
Gas Stations
Pharmacies

I can understand the last 2, but not the top one, let the retail workers atleast have a day off.

Walgreens, and Waffle House here. I always think its funny when a place that open 24 hours a day for 365 days a year has locks on the doors.

You really can't think of a reason for a 24/7 store to be locked? In case of emergency? In case of repair? etc...

I didn't know that Safeway closes today, or big supermarkets.

[quote name='gmzone']7-11 has Halo 2, so there you go. It's a great chance to buy a gamer a gift on Christmas day.[/quote]

I can't seem to find DVDs at my local 7-11s, where are they located, behind the counter? All mine has are snacks, magazines, cigarettes, wines, and those.. :(

[quote name='cdeener']Blockbuster is open Christmas Day from 12 p.m. to 10 p.m.[/quote]

It seems anything that's open will have special holiday hours so employees would at least have Christmas morning to spend with their families -- oh, then there are those 24-hour Walgreens, etc.

Tower records is open. They are have a store-wide sale on CDs. (I posted this a little late though, sorry)

[quote name='PhrostByte']You really can't think of a reason for a 24/7 store to be locked? In case of emergency? In case of repair? etc...[/quote]

Yeah I know, but I just think the concept is funny.

Who's open on New Year's Day? And will they have to suffer with lines of drunks and people hung over trying to buy stuff?

bread's done
Back