Any Torchlight-esqe PS3 games?

praxus07

CAGiversary!
Feedback
-1 (0%)
Gotta ship my 360 off to Microsoft tomorrow after their beta Reach disk killed the dvd drive, and I've been completely addicted to playing Torchlight for the past few weeks so the withdrawl is gonna kill me. My PS3 is kinda my secondary console, I don't play it very much, so I'm wondering since it's going to be my main unit for the next couple of weeks, if there's anything like Torchlight for it? I have the DA:O Ultimate edition, but bored silly with that.

Now not talking $60 games here, just something like Torchlight for around the same price?

Once the PSN store comes back there is Dungeon Hunter and the DeathSpank games as well on the PSN.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lrdz_ohdSJw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKcJJQz53aI

Disc-based: Demon's Souls. Plays more from a 3rd person OTG, but also very unforgiving. Solid game if you find enjoyment in it. Expect to easily put in 40-100 hours just because it is awesomely fun (roughly 25-30 hours to beat, but the better parts of the game comes after you beat it).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNfJNBoyA4U&feature=related

And honestly? Torchlight is made by the guys that worked on Diablo 2. If you have half a decent PC, go do yourself a favor and play it. Then wait for Diablo 3.

Cool...Thanks. Demon's Souls and Dungeon Hunter both sound like just what I need to fill the time till I got my Torchlight back.

LOL...PC gaming....just not into it =)

[quote name='yukonrye']You could also find a copy of Sacred 2. It plays like TL/Diablo but is much larger in scope.[/QUOTE]
yeah, Sacred 2 is a large game that should hold interest for a while. I enjoyed it and need to get back to it one day.

[quote name='NamPaehc']There is Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom which I'm sure you can get cheap now too.[/QUOTE]

If you want your eyes to bleed from the horrible camera angles & frustration from the overall game play. I recommend anything else mentioned thus far except for this. DH, both Deathspanks and Demons Souls.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. I just dropped off the xbox at UPS, and stopped at GS and picked up Demon's Souls and Sacred 2.....Can't wait to dive in and give them a try =)

I played Demon's souls quite a bit so I can get you some help if you have any questions. The hardest part of the game is arguably the first level as the game trains you how to play via negative reinforcement as the tutorial is very much "throw you in the deep end and let you sink or swim" philosophy.

edit:
Demon's Souls Wiki
Beginner tips
What all the stats mean
After the 1st level

Atlus video which details the multiplayer features (not currently working due to PSN being down)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14_OICVhKIQ

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Guardian. I tried Sacred for a few minutes (need to actually read the manual I think before continuing), Demon Souls for a bit longer. Got through the beginning tutorial till that giant monster kills you and you end up getting resurrected. I'll check out the info you posted after I get some much needed sleep...LOL.

I'd definitely recommend Deathspank. One of the funniest games i have played in ages, about to start the 2nd one pretty soon.

As far as Demon Souls go, ugh......i loved it, but i dont think i can play the game without having a rage induced aneurism. I plan to get around to it one day soon

No sense in even recommending games like deathspank and dungeon hunter cause the gopddamn store is gone for who knows how long. Untold legends is not as bad as that person tried making it out to be, especially for the price you can get it for these days. Sacred 2 is a very good game as well.

Oh Dear Lord....The camera on Sacred 2 is giving me migrains....finding it almost unplayable....and Demon Souls....I know you guys said it was Hard, but I've been playing it for at least 8 hours so far and have not even gotten past the top of the castle walkway (on top, with the red eyed knight and archers). "You Died" times one thousand!!!

I would avoid the red-eye knight there, it is out of your league in terms of soul level. You should comeback to it much later in the game when your a higher level and have better equipment. Also, if you want any advice or help, feel free to ask in the DS thread. :cool:

That Red Eyed bastard made me rage so many times. Especially seeing as pretty much the only way to beat him in your first run is to either Parry and Counter (Which if you fail, you die). Spam magic for quite a while, or lure him into that other tower and make him fall to his death.

[quote name='praxus07']Oh Dear Lord....The camera on Sacred 2 is giving me migrains....finding it almost unplayable....and Demon Souls....I know you guys said it was Hard, but I've been playing it for at least 8 hours so far and have not even gotten past the top of the castle walkway (on top, with the red eyed knight and archers). "You Died" times one thousand!!![/QUOTE]
Ya, ignore the red-eyed knight, what he is guarding is a door which you can't open currently. On the battlement between the two towers (one with the red-eyed knight, one which leads down to the cling ring and the shortcut) should be a fog gate guarded by a blue-eyed knight, that is where you are supposed to go next.

If you get stuck and just can't progress you can restart as a royal, it is the easiest class to us to beat the first level.

Just wait until you get to a higher level and you are using better weapons. What he protects also is like 4 times stronger than him, so just skip him until later.

/edit: There is a way to open the door early and try to take him on, but I would still advise to wait until you can take on world 3 no problem.

lol you can lure the red eye knight to fall to his death by the stairs. Quick way to farm souls at an earlier point

bread's done
Back