Any truly good indie games?

tranceFusion

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
I haven't spent much time exploring the indie game section of XBL market...

Are there any truly good indie games? What I mean is, are there any that demand playing on their own merits, rather than just being good because they are cheap?

[quote name='tranceFusion']I haven't spent much time exploring the indie game section of XBL market...

Are there any truly good indie games? What I mean is, are there any that demand playing on their own merits, rather than just being good because they are cheap?[/QUOTE]

Yep:

ZP2KX
Cthulu Saves the World
Epic Dungeon
Anything from Radiangames
Weapon of Choice
Explosionaide
CarneyVale
Shoot 1UP
SoulCaster
Tempura of the Dead
Break Limit
Johnny Bisquit Platform games
Word Soup

[quote name='crunchewy']All games will be zombie defense games soon. Get use to it.[/QUOTE]

If you're responding to 2DMention, Not Another Zombie Defense Game is the title of an Indie Game.

Check the top rated games section of indie games. They are more or less the best games on the service. Top downloaded games tend to be trendy, gimmicky, or avatar games.

[quote name='wakawakawa']Check the top rated games section of indie games. They are more or less the best games on the service. Top downloaded games tend to be trendy, gimmicky, or avatar games.[/QUOTE]

Haha yeah this must have been what I was looking at and all the games were like "Dont B Nervous talking 2 girls" and "try not to fart" and "baby maker xtreme". Might give them all a shot anyway for kicks :)

thanks everyone! I have something new to play with for a while :)

Platformance: Castle Pain is a no-brainer if you love difficult platformers as suggested by murphyspub.

If you're looking for a cheap and polished online MP game then ZP2KX is definitely worth looking into as suggested by many others. Plenty of others as well, I have to say I agree with most of the recommendations on here. You can also look up some reviews for the indie uprising titles as most of them got positive reception.

Check out Alpha Squad. Pretty fun top down shooter style game. Kinda of like the top down stages in Contra III with some RPG/story elements.
Also features online co-op and a soundtrack from Grant Henry aka Stemage aka Metroid Metal.

Bumping this to keep the convo going. Thanks Rooster for your picks and everyone else. I hadn't really given any 360 indie games a look in a while, but am now tempted by a bunch (Tempura of the Dead, Castle Pain, The Deep Cave, Shoot 1UP).

I really like all these 8-bit stylized action and platformer games. Any other similar recommendations? Especially the 80 MSP ones? :)

bread's done
Back