Any Way for a Cheap Laptop for $300-$350 (Dell prefered)

souNReAL

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Just need a cheap laptop to replace this HP z5300 that busted on me...again.

looking for a good laptop, gaming performance not needed as its mainly for websurfing.

good mhz/ghz and good soundcard for audio play and editing a plus.

wifi, but it doesnt have to be built in, but it would be a plus

DVD rom needed, CD burning a plus

Battery Life a plus,

Dell prefered since my mom's Inspirion 2200(gets 4 hours battery with a full charge) is pretty nice but any brand, even a decent HP that has decent battery will do.

any offers/coupons?? thanks in advance

hmm, figured $300 was low balling, its more of a black friday price, but since its a 2nd laptop, and only used to network with the desktop, i dont wanna overkill. thanks tho. suggestion noted.

if you're networking to a desktop.. this one is only going to be used for "surfing the web".. audio "editing'>. like music recording? live through a mic or direct through the soundcard or even line6 pod xt through the usb?

for audio stuff.. you'd be better off with a separate soundcard doing specifically what you want to do.. i've noticed that trying to "cheap out" on this end leads to many flustrations.. if you're recording live instruments (i kinda have a feeling you are) then you'll want a full range soundcard and that'll be 100 bucks.. i like my pod xt.. as it can record through the soundcard with the proper program and it works great.. but its a little pricey (i use it as my guitar amp too so its not pricey to me.. but to get the recording thing up and running its like 300-400 bucks probably) ..

as for computer specs what are you looking at? I mean you can get a good cheap used laptop for 300..

looking around you can get a barebones laptop for about 400 bucks (probably more like 500 bucks for everything you want to do with it though).. i seen a couple at circuit city and best buy... but if you have the money up front.. check out the open box or display models at said stores.. they are usually highly discounted and definately a lot better for the price then getting a new one.

[quote name='urzishra14']if you're networking to a desktop.. this one is only going to be used for "surfing the web".. audio "editing'>. like music recording? live through a mic or direct through the soundcard or even line6 pod xt through the usb?.

for audio stuff.. you'd be better off with a separate soundcard doing specifically what you want to do.. i've noticed that trying to "cheap out" on this end leads to many flustrations.. if you're recording live instruments (i kinda have a feeling you are) then you'll want a full range soundcard and that'll be 100 bucks.. i like my pod xt.. as it can record through the soundcard with the proper program and it works great.. but its a little pricey (i use it as my guitar amp too so its not pricey to me.. but to get the recording thing up and running its like 300-400 bucks probably) .. [/QUOTE]

Well, editing mp3s, as is, like, cutting, splcing, stuff liek tha, but yes, now that you mention it, i would like to record to, vocals mostly tho.

[quote name='urzishra14']as for computer specs what are you looking at? I mean you can get a good cheap used laptop for 300..

looking around you can get a barebones laptop for about 400 bucks (probably more like 500 bucks for everything you want to do with it though).. i seen a couple at circuit city and best buy... but if you have the money up front.. check out the open box or display models at said stores.. they are usually highly discounted and definately a lot better for the price then getting a new one.[/QUOTE]

Yes, looking for a reasonably fast computer, at least id say 1.7Ghz but im not really looking for an outrageous gfx card. but it lookslike i want a "better" deal it worth to spurgle on uprading the card.

thjanks for the help, and the dell factory link, it looks like you spend $800 you can get a really nice computer. i dunno, weighing the options but i wouldnt feel right paying retail for this. ill keep looking for coupons as well, and the dell coupn would definately be appreciated. peace

well, i got the laptop, ended up spending $750!! but its got some great features and the Video Card will update me so i can hopefully play some modern PC games.

Inspiron 6400/E1505 Notebook: Intel Core Duo processor T2400 (2MB Cache/1.83GHz/667MHz FSB)

Genuine Windows XP Home 1 $699.00
Inspiron 6400/E1505 Notebook: Intel Core Duo processor T2400 (2MB Cache/1.83GHz/667MHz FSB)
Certified Refurbished
Shipping Material
AOL 9.0 ISP Software
Windows Media Player
65W Adapter
1 GB DDR2 SDRAM 533MHz (2 DIMMs)
DVD Software
Processor Label
MEDIADIRECT Two Software
Dell Media Experience
No Productivity Suite - Corel WordPerfect word processor only
AOL Software Documentation
AOL ISP Software
Operating System CD
Support Software
Image Restore Software
Processor Label
Software
Intel Pro Wireless 3945
Integrated Sound Blaster Audigy ADVANCED HD Audio
Genuine Windows XP Home
9 Cell Primary Battery
8x DVD +/- RW w/dbl layer write capability
15.4 WXGA Notebook Screen
McAfee Security Center, 90 Day
Power DVD Software
Shipping Material
256MB ATI MOBILITY RADEON X1400 HyperMemory
Hinge Cover
Bluetooth Wireless Card
100 GB EIDE Hard Drive (5400 RPM)
Base Assembly
Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Reader
Keyboard On Notebook

Insp E1505/6400 STD: 1Yr Ltd Warranty, 1Yr Mail-In Service, and 1Yr HW Warranty Support $0.00 1 $0.00
Subtotal: $699.00
Shipping and Handling: $49.00

Shipping Discount: -$49.00 (Free ship deal ends August 4th)

Tax Total: $50.66
Total: $749.66

only kick in the pants, 7/6 and 7/7, dell had a 15% of all Inspiron refurb!! but that deal only comes once in a while, and i couldnt wait til black friday, so i guess i came out okay.

Laptop looks good. I'm looking to get a laptop between the $500-$800 price range too. I'm considering a Insipiron 6400 series too. You can get so much for your money nowadays, it's crazy. I remember back it the old days....I used to have to walk to school uphill both ways....

indeed. yea id check out the dell outlet if youre looking for price and performance, plus you get at least a 1yr warranty free.

id say, about once every 2 or 3 hours, a "really good" laptop like one of these will show up. just depends what youre looking for.

bread's done
Back