Any way to get a GS Edge card Without the magazine sub?

praxus07

CAGiversary!
Feedback
-1 (0%)
Being really cheap.....IE not wanting to pay the $15 for an edge card plus magazine subscription I'll never read, I was wondering if there's any way to get an Edge card cheaper?

Usually when I actually have enough cash to buy a used game instore I don't have enough extra $$ to buy the card/mag as well. Any suggestions?

I'd probably just use the card four times per year, when I get my gift card every quarter from e-rewards.

They used to have an option on the subscription cards that came with Game Informer magazine that had a check box on it to add an EDGE card for $2 back in the day.

But I believe that option has gone up to $10 now.

There used to be a thread on CAG with a .pdf of the card that people were sending into the company with JUST the EDGE card option checked off and $2 cash in an envelope, but I'm not sure if they would honor that deal anymore.

EDIT: I found the thread, but folks in another related thread said the deal was DEAD as of April 2009.

Here's the link to the old thread, in which the links and pictures are all dead or removed/blocked: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153027

[quote name='Arakias']There is no edge card, its power up rewards
http://www.poweruprewards.com/Home/Benefits[/QUOTE]

Same thing....Edge or Power Up....just wanted the 10% off when buying used....But it looks like I'm crap outta luck at getting one. $14.99 for a card I'll barely ever use just isn't worth $15. I'd need to spend over $150 a year there for the card to pay for itself and I don't spend anywhere near that amount.

And can't split it with anyone. I know only one other person in real life that games, and he never shops at GS (He Never buys used, and seems to Only shop at Best Buy.....Sigh).

[quote name='mystikal1000']I don't think there is a way, but you can get the magazine in electronic format if that works for you.[/QUOTE]

I don't want the magazine at all, in any format. Figured there might be some way to get the card cheaper by opting out of the magazine.

Lame GS.............

So what's the $15 paying for then? I always kinda figured the Edge card was the free thing and you were forced to pay the $15 for the magazine.

Doesn't matter now anyway, not paying $15 for the privilege to get a buck off a $10 game.

Look at it this way. You're paying $7.50 for each item(mag/card). It also helps if you do trades to GS with the card, since the new card now gets you points towards offers on their rewards site.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Look at it this way. You're paying $7.50 for each item(mag/card). It also helps if you do trades to GS with the card, since the new card now gets you points towards offers on their rewards site.[/QUOTE]

That's how I was hoping it'd work. I'd pay $7.50 for the card minus the mag.

I rarely ever trade anything in anyway, so the rewards aren't something I would ever even think about. The only time I really ever trade anything in is when that one friend I have that games gives me his 360 crap he doesn't want anymore. That's usually once, maybe twice if I'm extra lucky, a year, and usuallynets me a whopping $10 or so in trade in credit. So the rewards aspect I would never even look at.

Just wanted the 10% off instore, the rest of the benefits I really have no use for.

bread's done
Back