Any way to get a PS3 Bluetooth Headset super cheap?

saberz

CAGiversary!
Got CoD:Black Ops for the PS3 and really would like a headset so I can chat with my buddies but don't feel like shelling out $40-50 bucks for one(cost of a game). I did buy the charging station for the controllers and headset(much better than a USB dongle). Anyway, any coupons/tricks to nabbing one for cheap?

Good luck with that. I'd recommend just finding a normal bluetooth headset on sale and using that. Me and my buddies all use regular headsets and they work fine. I personally use a Plantronics headset I got for under $20 at amazon. No real point in paying a premium price for a Sony emblem stamped on the side.

If you can find a Tom Clancy's Endwar bundle in Best Buy, they're $20 new and include the official Sony headset.

That's about as cheap as you're going to find them.

Do not listen to those that want you to get a cheap headset. This is precisely what makes a Black Ops lobby so unbearable. Get an official PS3 headset.

[quote name='MrOlympiaSC']Do not listen to those that want you to get a cheap headset. This is precisely what makes a Black Ops lobby so unbearable. Get an official PS3 headset.[/QUOTE]
A headset is a headset is a headset, just like a cable is a cable is a cable. Brand name means SHIT as long as the things are made right.

I use a wired SOCOM headset on my PS3, but that's because I hate those in-ear ones like all BT ones are.

Got one from hastings w/ the used socom confrontation bundle for about $20 shipped a few months ago. Buddy and me both ordered'em and got brand new stuff even though we chose the used bundle.

BTW go with an official ps3 headset. I think amazon is selling the original model for less than forty bucks.

[quote name='aznhero913']Got one from hastings w/ the used socom confrontation bundle for about $20 shipped a few months ago. Buddy and me both ordered'em and got brand new stuff even though we chose the used bundle.

BTW go with an official ps3 headset. I think amazon is selling the original model for less than forty bucks.[/QUOTE]
The OP said and I quote:
Got CoD:Black Ops for the PS3 and really would like a headset so I can chat with my buddies but don't feel like shelling out $40-50 bucks for one(cost of a game). I did buy the charging station for the controllers and headset(much better than a USB dongle). Anyway, any coupons/tricks to nabbing one for cheap?
Under $40 would still be too close to the $40-50 range for me. Besides which, ANY Bluetooth headset works with the PS3, as does any USB headset or USB keyboard for chatting purposes.

So there's NO NEED to buy 'official' anything. But I bet you're one of the folks who pay $60 for an HDMI cable just cuz it has MONSTER stamped on it, right? Name brand does NOT always equal quality and the price far outweighs any purported value.

An HDMI cable will work or not regardless of who 'made' it, same with headsets.

Yes, buying official is overrated. HOWEVER! If it's official (Not Officially Licensed) but actually Manufactured by the company making the console you can expect a higher "trusted" level of quality. I mean in all honesty I have purchased a "dollar store HDMI" and it was a thicker gauge than a Monster Cable and the thing works flawlessly. Although on the flip side I do alot of testing on game products because of the reviews I do and I can also say there is also ALOT of Cheap Shite! So it really narrows down to trial and error alongside some reviews.

For saberz if you want a good cheap PS3 bluetooth headset then check out the Tritton Mini AX here
(Obviously just put the hyper link prefix in front of the below)
dascheap.com/ps3-headset-ax-micro-bluetooth-headset-madcatz.html
It works for both PS3 & phones. For less than $20 it's a good deal!

[quote name='MrOlympiaSC']Do not listen to those that want you to get a cheap headset. This is precisely what makes a Black Ops lobby so unbearable. Get an official PS3 headset.[/QUOTE]

Isn't this site cheapassgamer, not iwillbuywhattheytellmeto?

[quote name='DasReviewMan']For saberz if you want a good cheap PS3 bluetooth headset then check out the Tritton Mini AX here
[/QUOTE]

New user, only two posts . . . "DasReviewMan", "dascheap" . . . looks like DasSpam to me.

Dude, I do reviews. Bottom line is that I can put out my point of view and still suggest things like everyone else. I am not an automated bot and I do a shitload of reviews on the net. So spreading the good word on a good deal like you do with "Amazon" or "Best Buy" is no different. And of course spam doesn't talk back either!:booty:

I've been playing and using accessories during the days of cold hard plastic cases..so honestly I think the haters need to stop hating..

Ooh, defensive, aren't we? Bottom line -- do you own the site that you gave a link to? It's not necessarily a problem if you do (you wouldn't be the only person posting on this site to promote their own business), but if that's the case, then full disclosure is in everyone's best interest.

I do reviews. If I get a cool product at a discount for review and it's a real deal then I post. I mean it's not like am posting Male Enhancement drugs..it's very relative to the thread and the user requested question.

Uh. Anyway.

I use one of the original PS2 /wired/ headsets. Those came with a ten foot cable, and with a usb extension of five feet for a total length of 15 feet.. It has never given me a problem, and is fully compatible with the PS3.

Mute and line volume are built in. It simply works.

[quote name='Gourd']Uh. Anyway.

I use one of the original PS2 /wired/ headsets. Those came with a ten foot cable, and with a usb extension of five feet for a total length of 15 feet.. It has never given me a problem, and is fully compatible with the PS3.

Mute and line volume are built in. It simply works.[/QUOTE]
That's exactly what I use. It's the old SOCOM one from PS2. It works well enough for my liking and it was only $5.:D

Bought myself a nice little Jabra bluetooth headset for $12 off some chinese shipping site. Google is your friend.

Finally received the Samsung headset that was basically free on woot. Charging it now. I'll probably use it on my phone and use my old one with the PS3. It's a pain in the ass to re-sync them all the time.

bread's done
Back