any way to get dlc on your 360 other then x-box live????

Mr_hockey66

CAGiversary!
Feedback
254 (100%)
hey guys. This is probably a stupid question but here goes...

Is there any way to get xbox 360 downloadable content onto your x-box other then downloading it off of x-box live. Im looking for the oblvion and mass effect extra stuff but do not have x-box live. Can I get it somewhere eles and use a jump drive or other means to transfer to the. x-box

DLC is not something you can download to a memory card and transfer over. It registers itself to your gamertag and console.

I don't know about ME, but you can buy the GOTY edition and it comes with Shivering Isles, or you can buy the standalone Shivering Isles for the 360 (retails for 29.99).

cool. thanks scorch. Didn't think so. I was hoping for a way to do it. I just can't see paying for the extra stuff. Im a cheapass.

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']cool. thanks scorch. Didn't think so. I was hoping for a way to do it. I just can't see paying for the extra stuff. Im a cheapass.[/quote]

Xbox Live Silver is free.

If you want the 5 games included on the arcade unplugged you can buy the disc very cheap from Sears. (I think I paid $3 on closeout.) You have to have the disc in or they revert to a trial version I think, so no buying the disc and then installing and reselling it.

There are three different on-disc collections of Arcade games: Unplugged, PopCap Arcade, and the pack-in disc from Arcade Bundles (you can usually find this one used at Gamestop for sub-15 bucks). The major Oblivion add-ons are on discs, as noted above. OXM occanisally puts DLC on their disc, as well as Backwards Compatibility updates. Some games get re-released with downloadable content already on the disc; Marvel Ultimate Alliance Gold has the downloadable characters on the disc, for example.

You should be able to get content with a silver account if you have an internet connection near your system. If you don't then I'm not sure.

I've never not had a gold membership, but I would think you could pay for content that way.

I think the OP wants it for free like download it off a website for free and copy to his xbox. I could be wrong though. That's just how I interpret his second post.

best bet is to go to the referral board and do one of the sites listed there, to get a live sub card for $2. Will take 2 weeks to get it after you complete the offers. Also people will pay you for signing up under them. Just another option.

I got my live card from toys r us when they had the camera bundle for 40 and it came with a live sub, a steal right there.

hey guys. This is probably a stupid question but here goes...

Is there any way to get xbox 360 downloadable content onto your x-box other then downloading it off of x-box live. Im looking for the oblvion and mass effect extra stuff but do not have x-box live. Can I get it somewhere eles and use a jump drive or other means to transfer to the. x-box

DLC is not something you can download to a memory card and transfer over. It registers itself to your gamertag and console.

I don't know about ME, but you can buy the GOTY edition and it comes with Shivering Isles, or you can buy the standalone Shivering Isles for the 360 (retails for 29.99).

cool. thanks scorch. Didn't think so. I was hoping for a way to do it. I just can't see paying for the extra stuff. Im a cheapass.

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']cool. thanks scorch. Didn't think so. I was hoping for a way to do it. I just can't see paying for the extra stuff. Im a cheapass.[/quote]

Xbox Live Silver is free.

If you want the 5 games included on the arcade unplugged you can buy the disc very cheap from Sears. (I think I paid $3 on closeout.) You have to have the disc in or they revert to a trial version I think, so no buying the disc and then installing and reselling it.

There are three different on-disc collections of Arcade games: Unplugged, PopCap Arcade, and the pack-in disc from Arcade Bundles (you can usually find this one used at Gamestop for sub-15 bucks). The major Oblivion add-ons are on discs, as noted above. OXM occanisally puts DLC on their disc, as well as Backwards Compatibility updates. Some games get re-released with downloadable content already on the disc; Marvel Ultimate Alliance Gold has the downloadable characters on the disc, for example.

You should be able to get content with a silver account if you have an internet connection near your system. If you don't then I'm not sure.

I've never not had a gold membership, but I would think you could pay for content that way.

I think the OP wants it for free like download it off a website for free and copy to his xbox. I could be wrong though. That's just how I interpret his second post.

best bet is to go to the referral board and do one of the sites listed there, to get a live sub card for $2. Will take 2 weeks to get it after you complete the offers. Also people will pay you for signing up under them. Just another option.

I got my live card from toys r us when they had the camera bundle for 40 and it came with a live sub, a steal right there.

[quote name='magiic']I think the OP wants it for free like download it off a website for free and copy to his xbox. I could be wrong though. That's just how I interpret his second post.[/QUOTE]

Thats kinda what I was thinking. Maybe you could find it on a site. burn it to a disc like the backwards compatible lists and install it that way. I guess thats not possible. I got my xbox off ebay. It allready had a user set up. I don't know if mine will go on the net now.

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']Thats kinda what I was thinking. Maybe you could find it on a site. burn it to a disc like the backwards compatible lists and install it that way. I guess thats not possible. I got my xbox off ebay. It allready had a user set up. I don't know if mine will go on the net now.[/quote]

Just make a new profile and delete the old one.

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']I did a fully memory wipe when I got it. I created a new profile. SO I can just get a silver account and go on?[/quote]

Yes.

bread's done
Back