Any Way To Manipulate Amazon Gold Box?

tototheexplorer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Does anyone know if there's a way to manipulate what gets placed in your "quick picks" section within your Amazon Gold Box? I just started checking the sidebar last week and I ended up making some amazing purchases three days in a row (all indie graphic novels). Since my last purchase, I've gotten nothing but hardware/tools and Harry Potter miscellany (I dislike Harry Potter). So what gives? I had just gotten Amazon Prime and would've continued with the impulse buys, but Amazon has instead decided to throw up stuff I have no interest in.

I've heard placing items on your wish list works, however I don't think anything on my wish list has actually appeared in the "quick picks" so I'm not sure that's a real solution. Will I just have to wait it out, or is Amazon convinced I've had enough discounted purchases and now I'm forever going to be saddled with adverts for tools?

[quote name='elsnow77']don't do it. its highly illegal and very immoral[/QUOTE]

Um...okay....

Supposedly the things you buy do influence your box as does your wish list, but my list has also been tools, hardware, and Harry Potter...it seems as though every once in a while they get in these two or three week streaks where the items that appear in your box have nothing to do with what you've bought in the past, but eventually it changes back. They're probably trying to get rid of some old inventory, push certain items, etc.

I would imagine that it just takes time. Add ALOT of stuff to your wish list. That should help. Even then though, it's not going to be completely what you like.

my guess is that its completely randomized

no matter what you do, its just pure luck finding something in there (unless of course its supposed to go out to everyone..)

I always thought it was just the crap that didnt sell that they had tons extra that goes in there.
I have rarely seen anything remotely related to what I buy in there and I figured that was a fluke when it happened.

It's hit or miss with me. Some days, my Quick Picks are all related to what I viewed, bought, or shopcarted. Most days, it's random stuff like housewares, power tools, school/children's software, and books.

OK, well I bought another graphic novel last night and this morning my Gold Box is again pretty much filled with comics. What I'm noticing though, is that instead of what's in my wish list the Gold Box is filling in gaps. It's basically the, "Customers also bought these items..." section from the items on my wish list. I'm thinking I might take the books I want off my wish list and put the related comics I don't want on there. :whistle2:k

bread's done
Back