Any way to predict a GS price drop on games?

warmsignal

CAGiversary!
How often do they do price drops on used games, is it monthly? Have they done it for June? No insider info on that kind of stuff I'm not aware of?

I ask because I have my eye on their bargain bin once again. A lot of the current $10 games I've never had or played, and I have a tendency to pick them up at $10 only to go back the next week and find them reduced to $8, $6, or $5.

Anyone have and info on the next price drop, or when some $10 titles will get reduced? If it's not likely to be soon, I'm just going to jump ship at $10 a pop right now.

When I worked there price drops could happen daily. There was no notice in advance and they were likely to fluctuate on lower priced games. So, those games you bought for $10 could go to $8 and back up to $10 or like Mass Effect 1 they can go from $10 to $30 based on popularity.

Actually, there is kind of a way to tell. Sports games will drop severely after the next year comes out, just before 2011 comes out 2010 will be at the most $20. If the bin has over 12 copies of a game then it's prolly going to drop in price soon. If a game in the bin has only one copy and never gets restocked then it'll either stagnate or raise in price a few dollars.

Besides that there's really no way to tell. :eek:

[quote name='ArQuesta']When I worked there price drops could happen daily. There was no notice in advance and they were likely to fluctuate on lower priced games. So, those games you bought for $10 could go to $8 and back up to $10 or like Mass Effect 1 they can go from $10 to $30 based on popularity. [/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's so random their price tags are hardly ever even accurate.

bread's done
Back