Any WIIs tomorrow?

More like next week.

I think Nintendo and stores know next weeks the last week to do it right, since Xmas is on a Monday. I've been told by a few different chains that they're getting more in on the 17th.

Target and EB/Gamestop are both claiming to be getting units.

I know the manager of my local EB and he told me that they're definitely getting more and will be selling them on the 17th, but don't know how many.

[quote name='ajservo1']More like next week.

I think Nintendo and stores know next weeks the last week to do it right, since Xmas is on a Monday. I've been told by a few different chains that they're getting more in on the 17th.

Target and EB/Gamestop are both claiming to be getting units.

I know the manager of my local EB and he told me that they're definitely getting more and will be selling them on the 17th, but don't know how many.[/QUOTE]

CC too. Use the $40 off coupon to get it for $210. Awesome deal.

[quote name='xDerekRx']I heard best Buys but i dnno[/quote]

I heard Best Buys are getting them on the 17th. You should try calling a few stores tonight to see, but it seems like they are all waiting for the 17th.

I would call stores, but it seems more logical that they would hold everything back until next sunday so they can have one massive shipment before christmas which might mean more camping and more intrest.

Why's everyone suddenly doing the 'all caps' thing with the word "Wii"? Is this another bit of virally-generated gamerspeak that I'm just too old and aloof to 'get'? Did someone make the honest mistake once and now everyone's 'in on the joke' (hence killing it)?

And shouldn't the plural for "Wii" be "Wii" as well?

[quote name='jollydwarf']Why's everyone suddenly doing the 'all caps' thing with the word "Wii"? Is this another bit of virally-generated gamerspeak that I'm just too old and aloof to 'get'? Did someone make the honest mistake once and now everyone's 'in on the joke' (hence killing it)?

And shouldn't the plural for "Wii" be "Wii" as well?[/quote]

Last time I checked, Wii was still Wii. It looks wrong spelled WII. And hasn't Nintendo said that Wii is already plural?

It's funny, you'd think Nintendo's take on it would be gospel, but no, the gamers are saying "Wiis" over "Wii" at least 9:1.

There were no ads for the Wii in Target, Best Buy, or Circuit City when I got the Sunday paper last night, so I saved myself some sleep by not getting up. This kinda of pisses me off though, because they know whether they release them today and next Sunday or only next Sunday, that they'll sell them all. I won't be in any place where I can get a Wii next Sunday, so I think i'm SOL until after Christmas.

[quote name='mklight']didnt the 40 off coupon expire?[/QUOTE]

No. There was a newer one that has been scanned in the thread about it where it doesn't end unitl 12/31/06.

My circuit city had 9. Vouchered them out this morning before we opened at 9.

Also had 4 PS3's, had two left when I left work but who knows if we still have them right now.

if this is true i'll find out whats up and get 2. if anyone wants one overnight i'll just only ask for $50 profit? dont know if anyones interested send me a pm if you cant wait in line because im pretty sure i can. as in midnight after saturday they come in? or just sunday morning? sunday night? someone give me a little more info. and if interested i'll sell one ship it overnight as long as i make $50 profit. I already have my own.

Eww please for future reference never mention Wii as "WII" it just looks really bizarre. Even "wii" looks stuipid, IMO. Wii

Here's the deal with Best Buy, at least till the end of the holidays. (This is only in reference to the US. Not sure what BB Canada's policy is)

Wii's - will only be sold in store when advertised. A lot of Best Buy stores don't have Wiis right now period. They are being horded somewhere else. So, when stores say they don't have any, a lot of times that really is true.

Anyway, there will definitely be Wii's for sale next week, so the 17th is pretty much a sure thing since it will be in conjunction with the new weekly ad. Also, because of the ad policy, don't expect Best Buys to just put out shipments when they get them. Sure, I suppose a few stores might violate policy and do so, but really just keep an eye on the paper and ads to know exactly when BB is going to sell them.

PS3s are a different story though, especially due to the limited and very random supply. PS3s go out on the floor right after they come in. If any of you are PS3 hunting too, one last shipment of PS3s is probably but not garanteed before X-mas. And, expect that shipment to be fairly small.

I went into Gamestop this past weekend and they mentioned that they too were jumping on the "hording" bandwagon and will release their shipment on the 17th. Of course, as I'm just a lowly customer, this could be lies.

i hope my stores dont fuck me around, im gonna try to guarantee i'll be there thing on a pre-order and call. usually shit doesnt work like that but, i can always give it a shot. i have the money

Alot of the Meijers in my area got Wii's yesterday. At 9pm last night they had 5 of them still left. I finally got one as well. Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

[quote name='LarryGe']I don't think there will be another world war tommorow....[/QUOTE]

That was freaking fantastic!

well in the ads posted by speed it looked like bb and cc and target would have them on sunday the 17th. I was in toys r us yesterday, and there wii display said the next shipment will be on 12/19, so next tuesday.

bread's done
Back