Any word on the buy 2 get one free sale at TRU this year?

[quote name='sp00ge']End of october/early november is the norm, but with the buyout, who knows if it will even happen this year.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's what im afraid of

[quote name='topnotch97']what buyout?[/quote]

Toys R Us was bought last year by a group of investors. Everything ran normally up util the end of the year and then they started making changes. So far, the only real notable change is there are not going to be any more Green Tag sales, which was replaced by the Big Toy Blowout.

Chances are the B2G1 will be next thing to get axed. But only time will tell.

I find it hard, from a Marketing standpoint, to see how these things get axed. I realize that it happens because there is no profit, but I seriously doubt that these investors have a better plan. What amazes me more is how TRU and other companies such as K-Mart suck at competition. The reason Wal-Mart is the powerhouse is because they sell at a cheaper price. Now I know in order for Wally World to do this they buy in huge bulk, but sometimes as a competitor you need to "take the bull by the horns" or you won't survive.

I'll miss the green tag sales even though they were YMMV, but if these investors keep taking away signature sales and replacing them with crap or nothing I'm going to be upset. It seems to me that in the past 10 years TRU has suffered do to their poor selection, it is almost KBesque. It is sad that around the holidays Wal-Mart has more of a selection in their 4-5 isles than TRU has in their entire store. I'm a Toys R Us kid and hope to be one until I die, but it's not looking promising.:p

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Well if TRU does get rid of B2G1 Free, hopefully they'll do the Buy 2 games at $19.99 for only $30 deal still and soon.[/QUOTE]

This isn't special, BB does the same exact thing. I hope these investors are placing money in the Marketing Department. I remember when TRU was packed almost everytime I went, not just the holiday season.

[quote name='sp00ge'] So far, the only real notable change is there are not going to be any more Green Tag sales, which was replaced by the Big Toy Blowout.[/QUOTE]

That and the new return policy. Which I hope will lessen the scams that pop up when the "Buy 2 get 1 free" sales happen.

I've never experienced a TRU sale but my sort of local TRU gets new releases the day after shipping date so, Cooking Mama, Sonic Rush, and one more. Hopefully the third can be FF3.

bread's done
Back