Any Xbox 360 deals?

Goonasaurus

CAG Veteran
Hey guys, first post here. Love the site.

I'm looking to purchase the Xbox 360 Elite with Forza 3 and ODST. Anywhere I could get it cheaper than $299? What's the best deal on a 360 nowadays?

[quote name='NewYorkelite']Walmart has a nice bundle which includes the arcade ($249) or the elite Forza/ODST bundle ($349) with a 12 month xbl gold membership, and 1 game (from a surprisingly good list of games).

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Xbox-Live-Bundle/14301892?sourceid=08856248431534459460[/QUOTE]
wow Id jump on that. my local best buy in canada has the forza/odst bundle with fable 2 + one more game i forget for 299. ok i guess

Interesting, thanks. Is it unwise to trust refurb units from Gamestop due to the 360's past problems?

Edit: Basically, I'm just looking to find the cheapest way to get a 360 with a hard drive, controller, headset and ODST. I'm a Halo fanboy in relapse :p

[quote name='Goonasaurus']Interesting, thanks. Is it unwise to trust refurb units from Gamestop due to the 360's past problems?

Edit: Basically, I'm just looking to find the cheapest way to get a 360 with a hard drive, controller, headset and ODST. I'm a Halo fanboy in relapse :p[/QUOTE]
Avoid getting any sort of refurb unit.

It'll be for the best in the long term.

I want a new 360! I thought instead of posting a new topic I would just revive. I don't need a bundle, but just a 360. In your opinion, if your going to case mod it, should you still buy new?

I'd ALWAYS only buy a new 360 unless Microsoft itself is repairing it for you. You'd hate yourself putting all that effort into a casemod only to have the actual system crap out shortly after you're done with it. I just bought an Arcade (Jasper) that came with Banjo and Viva so I'm happy with it. I still have my 120GB HDD from my old 360 that burned out last year.

You can get a new Elite bundle w/Forza 3 and Halo ODST from M$ ExpertZone for $229 + tax, although it involves some work and time taking quizzes and some deception if you don't work for a M$ retailer.

[quote name='JoeJohn']Welcome.

Not many deals, but x-mas is around the corner. That maybe your best bet for good deals.[/QUOTE]

Christmas dude? Really? It's only May. Let him wait 7 more months to get it. Great advice!!

[quote name='sawyerbrwnfan']Toys R us has buy any console get 3 free platinum hits or family hits games.[/QUOTE]
Do you have a link?

Well, I have no interest in Natal so that bundle wouldn't interest me...I haven't heard any rumors about summer price drops, and I'm really looking forward to playing Forza and ODST so chances are I'm gonna pick it up in around a week's time. Too bad that TOYS R US deal is up in a day.

[quote name='wesleypipes6']Microsoft is already rumored to have Some kind of natal bundle. I'm really hoping the forza/odst elite price drops around e3[/QUOTE]
Natal is most likely not coming out until October. Do you really want to wait that long?
I'd say even with a slim version coming out I'd be skeptical on buying one given Microsoft's track record with hardware.

bread's done
Back