Any Xbox 360 Elite Modern Warfare 2 Bundle Deals?

Robb

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I'm thinking of upgrading to the new bundle next month...

Has anybody found any good deals? I searched the threads and didn't see anything...

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Tyrannical']I'd be surprised if any deal beats the no tax from Amazon deal. Tax on $399 does add up.[/QUOTE]

Wow! I call myself a CAG and didn't even think of that.

Thanks!

Keep any more ideas/finds coming...

I too am interested in a good deal. The problem is that Dell is really the only place that is likely to have a deal, and then you have to deal with tax...

[quote name='sunfiredragon']Do you think it'll be better than just getting the Amazon no tax special?[/QUOTE]

My local tax is 7.25%. Which is roughly $30. I don't foresee anything better than that.

But here's to hoping (raises glass)!!

It's really not a bad deal at $399 already for the Special Edition and it looks cool:
Elite (regular) $299
MW2 Game $59
Extra Controller $49
250 GB HD ??? (the 120 GB HD is $139 and the 60 GB HD is $99)
It's like getting $10 off the game and an 130 GB of storage for free.
Saving the sales tax would make it even better.

[quote name='Tropicat']It's really not a bad deal at $399 already for the Special Edition and it looks cool:
Elite (regular) $299
MW2 Game $59
Extra Controller $49
Saving the sales tax would make it even better.[/QUOTE]

I don't think any of us think it's a bad deal, but if I can get it cheaper than MSRP, I can feel that much more good about myself!

(Plus, it's secretly hard to justify to myself as I already have an Xbox and everything...I just want it SOOOOOOO bad)

[quote name='Tropicat']It's really not a bad deal at $399 already for the Special Edition and it looks cool:
Elite (regular) $299
MW2 Game $59
Extra Controller $49
Saving the sales tax would make it even better.[/QUOTE]

This assumes retail cost. The following prices can be had for those items:

Elite: ~ $250 with Dell deals
MW2: ~ $40-45 with Walmart / Amazon preorders...
Controller: ~ $35, perhaps as low as $30 on any given sale
250GB: hard to put a value on...

So we have $330 + an extra 130GB (which most ppl don't need)...

Unless you get a 15% or 20% coupon with Dell, you're probably not getting a great deal...

[quote name='rusty']This assumes retail cost. The following prices can be had for those items:

Unless you get a 15% or 20% coupon with Dell, you're probably not getting a great deal...[/QUOTE]

You also didn't factor in though that these limited run consoles somewhat hold their value much better than the plain ones

[quote name='rusty']This assumes retail cost. The following prices can be had for those items:

Unless you get a 15% or 20% coupon with Dell, you're probably not getting a great deal...[/QUOTE]

Needs are relative and vary from person to person. In essence, you assume too much about what people "need".

For me, any extra space is welcome.

[quote name='strikeratt']You also didn't factor in though that these limited run consoles somewhat hold their value much better than the plain ones[/QUOTE]

They don't hold there value as well if you plan on playing them. If you want to make money with them you have to hold off and keep it a for a few months then sell it brand new later on.

[quote name='ratm4eva1']They don't hold there value as well if you plan on playing them. If you want to make money with them you have to hold off and keep it a for a few months then sell it brand new later on.[/QUOTE]

Meh the Halo edition one for the majority goes for about 70$ less than it did at retail used and the Resident evil one is actually the same price if not higher ... both of these are when they're complete of course. Much better than the others if you ask me

[quote name='BingoBrown']You get a free $50 GC from Target if you purchase the MW2 Bundle on Black Friday.[/QUOTE]

there you paid tax with that. not worth it when you can get it for 400 from amazon without leaving your house and waiting in line

[quote name='lakers2008']there you paid tax with that. not worth it when you can get it for 400 from amazon without leaving your house and waiting in line[/QUOTE]

A) Amazon charges tax in some states.

B) Even if you have a ridiculously high tax rate like 10%, you're still coming away with a $10 bonus.

Sure, it's probably not the best deal, but it might be worthwhile for some, so I thought I'd throw it out there. Thanks for crapping on it, though.

bread's done
Back