Anybody else getting excited for Burning Crusade!?

AshesofWake

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
only about 2 more weeks left! just updated my status on Amazon for the collector's edition version. not sure if ill sell it and buy a normal box version or just bust it open and activate it. but eithr way i can''t wait to play!

[quote name='dtarasev']I got really tired of WoW a long while back. But I can see myself maybe playing again if Burning Crusade is really good.[/QUOTE]

Same here.

I might grab a collector's edition or two to sell and use the profits from that to start up again.

Can't preorder it anymore at EB / GS huh? No big deal, I'm pretty sure Best Buy / CC / Target / maybe even Wal-Mart will all get in the CE.

I *really* tried to get into WoW. I spent over 8 months trying to like it over the last year-and-a-half. It wasn't that the game was bad, or that I didn't like the way they did certain things. World of Warcraft is an awesome game. What ruined it for me was the community of 12-year olds who showed no respect whatsoever to their fellow gamers. I had some great times playing this game, but for every memorable happy moment, I have twice as many where I would log off in discust because of the behaviors of other players. I tried bouncing to different servers, but no matter where I went, they were already there waiting for me. My friends who were really into the game told me to just adopt a "ignore them and they will go away" mentality, but I can only ignore so much grief.

I'm not saying I didn't also meet a lot of great, respectful players in WoW. Those players are there in numbers just as much as the munchkins, and to those players who can put up with the grief, I salute them. I just have a low threshold for stupidity and disrespect.

Nothing I have read about in the Burning Crusade expansion has gotten me excited enough to return. I will probably give it another try eventually, but not until the price drops. For now, to get my MMO fix, I'm still content to play my superdudes over at City of Heroes/Villians, where the player base is smaller, but so is the munchkin base.

[quote name='Nogib']Being that I don't play WoW, of course I don't fucking care about BC.[/quote]

so.. why reply?

[quote name='Krymner']I *really* tried to get into WoW. I spent over 8 months trying to like it over the last year-and-a-half. It wasn't that the game was bad, or that I didn't like the way they did certain things. World of Warcraft is an awesome game. What ruined it for me was the community of 12-year olds who showed no respect whatsoever to their fellow gamers. I had some great times playing this game, but for every memorable happy moment, I have twice as many where I would log off in discust because of the behaviors of other players. I tried bouncing to different servers, but no matter where I went, they were already there waiting for me. My friends who were really into the game told me to just adopt a "ignore them and they will go away" mentality, but I can only ignore so much grief.

I'm not saying I didn't also meet a lot of great, respectful players in WoW. Those players are there in numbers just as much as the munchkins, and to those players who can put up with the grief, I salute them. I just have a low threshold for stupidity and disrespect.

Nothing I have read about in the Burning Crusade expansion has gotten me excited enough to return. I will probably give it another try eventually, but not until the price drops. For now, to get my MMO fix, I'm still content to play my superdudes over at City of Heroes/Villians, where the player base is smaller, but so is the munchkin base.[/QUOTE]

Like in any MMORPG, a large large majority of those players don't hit level 60 and aren't invited into any serious guilds, so it becomes a non factor in the end game.

Hell, I'd say even by level 20 the amount of stupidity tapers off because the servers patrol their own, and nobody wants to party with those types of people.

To everyone else, Burning Crusade dosen't come with a free month, does it? For some reason (read: Blizzard is greedy) they are charging $39.99 for an expansion pack.

I stopped playing WoW about a two years ago, but I'll be jumping on board BC for a little bit.

And then sell my CE after I get my enjoyment. Maybe. ;)

It's hard to quit crack twice.

[quote name='crystalklear64']Well who wouldn't be excited about paying 220$ to play one game for a year.[/QUOTE]

World of Warcraft is a much much much different game now than it was when it first launched... that $14.99 really does go a long way towards providing new content.

Blizzard has basacially given us two whole expansions as free updates, at this point, I have no problem paying the $15 a month as long as the quality content keeps coming.

I have quite a few friends who play WoW and they've been going nuts about the expansion for the last few days. One of my friends sold his account a few months ago but rebought the game during Christmas break and is power leveling his way back up to 60. He's at 50 or so right now but he's sure he can make it to 60 by next Tuesday.

I quit playing a few months back since I felt I've done everything in WoW I was willing to do, and to catch up on some console releases. I'll be buying the expansion though and leveling a few characters a week after the release, after all the problems are sorted out.

Judging by how all the patching has been going, anyone who plans on getting a lot of gaming done or taking a day off of work on the 16th is going to be sorely dissapointed.

Right after it came out I got to lvl 45 hunter and never really got into a guild or had any friends. Also I played on a non-PVP server which might have added to me not having that much fun. With this comming out I am thinking about giving it a go one more time. This time on a PVP server and trying harder to make a few friends.

I played when it first came out and enjoyed it quite a bit. After people started getting to 60 though, it turned into one big race and I quit enjoying it. I liked the feeling when everyone was finding out new stuff and exploring the world. Now it's just who can get to the endgame the fastest. The community has also taken a bad turn and its just a very unenjoyable experience now, which I don't think an expansion can fix.

yea, i dont know, might be a summer nighttime game for me since i like to spend my life on things other than mmo's, but if it is that good of a game and i can periodically get off(as in cancel) and then renew when i can play the game, than i can consider that, the first on is 20 now, so it seems tempting, i just need a bigger hd

[quote name='62t']I am going to stick with Silkroad.[/QUOTE]

You should give 9dragons a try, I just started playing that and everyone says its so much better then silkroad. Its a great game so far, lots of differnt martial arts styles and weapons styles to pick from.

As for BC, I had one preordered but I dont know if I will plug it in and play it, but its there in case I change my mind. I dont really want to get sucked into that game again. I'm quite happy with the free mmorpgs now.

I don't really enjoy paying 15 a month to run around with a bunch of Etards with huge Epeens and no Emanners. I can get it for free on the f2p ones just as easily ;P
Like the other posters said, the amount of decent people to tards is hugely unbalanced.

[quote name='Roufuss']To everyone else, Burning Crusade dosen't come with a free month, does it? For some reason (read: Blizzard is greedy) they are charging $39.99 for an expansion pack.[/quote]

You've obviously never bought a Blizzard expansion pack before :p I am pretty sure that Brood War and Lord of Destruction were both also $40.

[quote name='SpecTrE3353']You've obviously never bought a Blizzard expansion pack before :p I am pretty sure that Brood War and Lord of Destruction were both also $40.[/QUOTE]

I bought them all but it was like 35 years ago that I remember getting a Blizzard Expansion pack ;)

[quote name='chodax']I am not excited.[/QUOTE]

But... but... all the numbers for the items stats are higher! And jewelcrafting is like enchanting... color coded!

[quote name='poe']But... but... all the numbers for the items stats are higher! And jewelcrafting is like enchanting... color coded![/quote]

welcome to world of diablo

Ahh, nothing like a World of Warcraft thread to bring out the trolls. You don't play the game, we get it, but like Roufuss said, they're delivering a very high quality experience for your $15 per month.

WoW has once again suck me back into it's grip. I know mmorpgs are popular, but damn WoW is just a runaway success. I haven't really been keeping up, but what is being added in this expansion?

[quote name='Blackshear']Just picked mine up, just started installing disk 1 :D[/quote]

Where...walmart? Did they have CEs?

[quote name='kevzik']Where...walmart? Did they have CEs?[/quote]
Got it at a local GameStop midnight release.. of the 100 or so copies they had, there where only 7 CEs and of course they where preordered.

[quote name='kevzik']Where...walmart? Did they have CEs?[/QUOTE]

Picked my CE up at walmart had about 80 copies only 6 CEs.

[quote name='Blackshear']Got it at a local GameStop midnight release.. of the 100 or so copies they had, there where only 7 CEs and of course they where preordered.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Lexicon']Picked my CE up at walmart had about 80 copies only 6 CEs.[/QUOTE]

...and the Ebay price takes off again.

I wasn't really feeling this expansion pack that much, but I was reading it on the Wiki, a ton of these new instances are 5 to 10 man instances, with the highest being 25? That's awesome if it's true, and it GREATLY reduces the time needed to get a group going.

5 - 10 man instances are ideal.

highest raid is 20 man i believe...most are 5 man

my server, alleria, is having a really hard time staying up...it was steady for about 2 hours, then more people got on...lag set in...and its been crashing every 10 minutes

meh...its bed time...good thing i can walk away and dont have to sit through hours of up and down servers

Highest is 25 man.

I already did three of the 5 man's last night. They took between 30-90 minutes each and they all have 3 bosses. All were very easy.

bread's done
Back