Anybody else see Ong-Bak??

crickett003

CAGiversary!
ongbak_bigposter.jpg

This movie is very impressive. It's got the old school storyline (which doesn't matter too much). The fights and stunts/acrobatics are some of the most incredible feats I've seen in a film.

Muy Thai is brought to the screen in a way like never before. No wires & no fucking CGI. Very brutal and very fun. I highly recommend it to any martial arts fans (or anyone that likes a nice kick-ass action movie :) )

Film threat review:
http://www.filmthreat.com/Reviews.asp?Id=6629

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']I saw it about a year ago. Good stuff. If you like Jaa check out Born to Fight.[/QUOTE]
I'll check it out. Thanks :)

[quote name='opportunity777']Yeah I saw it, it was pretty cool. Speaking of cool movies anyone here saw the Zatoichi movie that had a limited release over here?[/QUOTE]

I have the DVD, but I still have yet to actually sit down & watch it.

I saw the Thai DVD with some fansubs that my friend had a year ago. It's a decent action movie. However, the fights lack power due to weak, overused sound effects. Otherwise, great stuff.

Pretty good stunts, but that's about it, I can think of several times during the course of the movie where I just had to roll my eyes at some of the situations. But it was kinda funny hearing the guy with the voice box doohicky speaking in thai. The dude has promise, he just needs a better vehicle than this movie.

i loved Ong Bak - come on, the dude smashes people with his ELBOW!

DOUBLE ELBOW SMASHING! - it is true that I was pretty fucking drunk in Kyoto in an internet cafe at 3 am when I watched it too...

and they're making a sequel!

Tough to beat some of those stunts... One of the best martial arts movies out there. I got the dvd 9 months ago. I wonder if anyone died making it.

bread's done
Back