Anybody Else's Xbox Live Vision Camera Die?

ViolentLee

CAGiversary!
Feedback
81 (100%)
I bought a Vision camera before Christmas, and didn't mess with it until after the new year. All I would get is a 99% white screen (the other 1% proved it was at least detecting something). The ring on it never blinked, only turned on and stayed on while the machine was powered up and not on a non-compatible game.

I called Xbox customer service -- holy crap was that annoying. After the automated douche, I talked to one operator chick who patched me over some dude. He sent me to the wrong place, but the guy couldn't transfer me because someone spilled a soda all over his desk/computer/phone (his story, not mine). Thus, I had to call back, but at least got someone who at least sort of knew what he was talking about. He had me go through some very basic troubleshooting -- not really applicable for my problem -- only to tell me I had to return the thing.

None of them seemed like native English speakers; I'm guessing the first two were foutsourced operators in India and the other two were from French Canada. I also ended up knocking over my PStwo and SmackDown vs. Raw 07 (360) disc while searching for the serial number (they were atop my 360). It's kind of dumb that the serial # can't be found with the wireless adaptor plugged in.

Anyway, I brought it back to GameRush, and they refunded my store credit. At least I got a month of Xbox Live and XBLA Uno for my troubles. Just wondering if anyone else had their camera crap the bed.

The serial number should also be on a sticker on the front near the USB ports. My camera often freezes for a few seconds if I'm using something other than the original theme. I've only had it not load once, but a single unplugging worked fine.

My camera and HD-DVD drive always work upon initial boot up but NEVER after I'm done playing a game and go back to the dashboard. I get the red light on the HD-DVD drive and the green ring on camera never comes back on. My camera is plugged into the HD-DVD drive so I'm pretty sure that is the problem. Also, a reboot doesn't work - I have to turn the system off for a few hours before the problem corrects itself. It is so frustrating.

[quote name='javeryh']My camera and HD-DVD drive always work upon initial boot up but NEVER after I'm done playing a game and go back to the dashboard. I get the red light on the HD-DVD drive and the green ring on camera never comes back on. My camera is plugged into the HD-DVD drive so I'm pretty sure that is the problem. Also, a reboot doesn't work - I have to turn the system off for a few hours before the problem corrects itself. It is so frustrating.[/QUOTE]
why dont you just plug it into the console?

Interesting that others have had a few minor annoyances, but none of the return-to-store woes mine gave me. Not sure if I'll buy it again; I guess it depends on whether I end up playing much R6 Vegas multiplayer, or if it gets supported more in the future.

bread's done
Back