Anybody got Pho hoa coupons?

it's no joke man.

my friend had a coupon last time, it was for 2 free drinks.

which was kinda pointless -_- cuz the soup already fills me up.

You can't be serious. If you think the price for pho is high you should be eating twigs and berries.

And the pho probably takes less than $2 to make.

I get Pho Hoa coupons in the mail sometimes. The best one is the buy one regular Pho bowl, get another regular Pho bowl for free.

But yeah, Pho really isn't that expensive. Instead of going to Pho Hoa, try going to another Pho restaurant that isn't a chain. They tend to be at least $1-$2 cheaper than Pho Hoa.

man... $7.. the last time I checked, $7 = 7 double cheese burgers at Mc D's (excluding tax)

I live in san jose, what's a good pho place?

I've been to pho saigon, good pho, cept saigon costs more than hoa -_-

I gotta try superbowl then.

pho hoa is nasty but maybe i'm spoiled because i'm from socal and the viet food there is really authentic, lol. pho is super cheap in socal too...like $3 a bowl.

[quote name='vietgurl']pho hoa is nasty but maybe i'm spoiled because i'm from socal and the viet food there is really authentic, lol. pho is super cheap in socal too...like $3 a bowl.[/QUOTE]Yup :D

What're some of your favorite pho places around here? Pho 54 on Valley Blvd is pretty dang good.

Avoid that Pasteur place though. Quantity does not beat out quality. :whistle2:#

too bad I didn't study hard enough to attend a UC down in socal =\

When you say pho hoa is nasty, what do you mean?

I know sometimes my bowl would smell like chlorine, and my beef tendons and stuff too, that's why I only get the one with just beef now...
but I think pho hoa tastes really good, don't know about the quality of ingredients though.

oh btw, I just received pho hoa coupons in the mail.
"Buy 1 get 1 regular bowl free" !! omg, must use it!! >

[quote name='B:L']Yup :D

What're some of your favorite pho places around here? Pho 54 on Valley Blvd is pretty dang good.

Avoid that Pasteur place though. Quantity does not beat out quality. :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

Aw gross. That place has roaches and shit in there.

Wait. Are you talking about the one in westminster? Or is there another one?

[quote name='RiCeBo1']This thread makes me laugh :rofl:[/QUOTE]
I think this is hilarious too. I love me some pho, probably cause I only get to eat it every once in awhile. I had some my friends Mom made one time, it was so much better than any pho place I've been to.

[quote name='2poor']Aw gross. That place has roaches and shit in there.

Wait. Are you talking about the one in westminster? Or is there another one?[/QUOTE]

No, there is another pho 54 in the rosemead area. Westminster should really have a grading system. It would be interesting what grades most restuarants would get. :p

[quote name='vietgurl']pho hoa is nasty but maybe i'm spoiled because i'm from socal and the viet food there is really authentic, lol. pho is super cheap in socal too...like $3 a bowl.[/QUOTE]

Hey vietgurl, what does PHO really mean? is it the white flat noodles? i go to the Pho restaurants once a while. maybe 3 times a month. they put lots of MSG in the noodle bowl soup.

All pho places put MSG in their food. Otherwise, they'd have to work way too hard to make the pho taste decent.

Pho Hoa tastes like fast food pho. Most people can't tell the difference, lol. I always get the bowl with everything wherever I go (beef tendons rock!) but the meatballs (bo vien) at Pho Hoa has this weird aftertaste to it, the tendons don't have any flavor, the broth doesn't taste very good, and most of the bowl is noodles with barely any meat.

Haha, I live in San Diego but I like going up to Santa Ana to get Viet food. I don't mind the sanitary conditions of most of those places because I've gotten used to it; the best places for Mexican food down in SD are the ones that are graded B by the health department :lol: The worst thing that's ever happened to me was when I found a dead fly in my bowl of pho and the stupid owner threatened to call the cops when I refused to pay for the food, hehe.

[quote name='trunks982']Hey vietgurl, what does PHO really mean? is it the white flat noodles? i go to the Pho restaurants once a while. maybe 3 times a month. they put lots of MSG in the noodle bowl soup.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure pho doesn't have some literal translation. The whole thing is just called pho.

[quote name='Jaket']what the fuck is Pho hoa? haha[/QUOTE]

It's a vietnamese noodle soup chain.

most vietnamese nooodle soup restaurants like calling themselves "pho (insert wtv)"

pho hoa
pho saigon
pho king
pho #3 large with wontons

you get the idea.

DAMN, I was out today and asked my friend to eat pho with me, he said no, we going on friday.

o well. good enough.

but I have to agree, pho hoa's ingredients kinda suck, other than the vegies and the meat..
like the beef tendon would taste like bleach cuz they want it to be kinda clear instead of red ish sometimes... etc.

[quote name='abcme']It's a vietnamese noodle soup chain.

most vietnamese nooodle soup restaurants like calling themselves "pho (insert wtv)"

pho hoa
pho saigon
pho king
pho #3 large with wontons

you get the idea.

DAMN, I was out today and asked my friend to eat pho with me, he said no, we going on friday.

o well. good enough.

but I have to agree, pho hoa's ingredients kinda suck, other than the vegies and the meat..
like the beef tendon would taste like bleach cuz they want it to be kinda clear instead of red ish sometimes... etc.[/QUOTE]

If the pho taste like chlorine or bleach, then why do you want to go back? Wouldn't you rather find a place that has good pho and pay a little more, instead of one that taste like chemicals with a coupon? :/

All this talk about pho makes me wish my mom would make pho right now. Home made pho is the best, well if my mom is cooking it. ;P

I'm suprised pho resturants have coupons. The closest thing I saw to one was a raffle ticket on the reciept and I have never won not one cent.

Geez, I want some pho now even though I just had one yesterday.

[quote name='VXT']So what does the number mean when pho shops are named pho #?[/QUOTE]

They're referencing pho shops that are (or used to be) in Vietnam. For example, if the name is "Pho 79", then they named the shop after a pho shop in Vietnam that used to be on 79th street (most likely in Saigon) that was famous or popular. A lot of Vietnamese restaurants are named after restaurants in Vietnam.

Hmm ... I just remembered an old rumor I heard a long time ago that a pho resturant was caught using ebalming liquid in their noodles.

Probably just an urban legend tho (although this popped in my head when someone mention their pho smelled like chlorine/bleach).

Are these places more popular/common on the west coast or something? I've never heard of pho or Pho Hoa. Now that I think of it I don't know if we actually have any "Vietnamese" restaraunts that I can think of although we have a variety of Hong Kong, Chinese and Phillipino places.

I've never heard of Pho anything. Here in Dallas we have several Vietnamese restaurants and other eating places but I don't know the menu and haven't tried any of them. Maybe I should give it a shot.

There's a huge Vietnamese population in Houston. If you ever go to a Vietnamese restaurant, I'd recommend sticking to the pho and possibly the spring rolls; I've tried introducing my friends to other types of Vietnamese food but most of them are scared of fish sauce :lol: And yes, most of the Vietnamese population is on the West coast; there were a lot in New Orleans but obviously not anymore. Yeah, I sound like a fob in this thread so I'm gonna go and play some video gam....I meant study for my finals.

bread's done
Back