Anybody have the Messiah SNES wireless controllers?

kdunn77

CAGiversary!
Feedback
87 (100%)
For some reason I have been strongly considering buying the Snes Wireless controllers from Messiah Entertainment http://www.playmessiah.com/

I have also been hearing alot about the crappiness of the Generation NEX.

Has anyone here played with the controllers and if so how are they?

[quote name='kdunn77']For some reason I have been strongly considering buying the Snes Wireless controllers from Messiah Entertainment http://www.playmessiah.com/

I have also been hearing alot about the crappiness of the Generation NEX.

Has anyone here played with the controllers and if so how are they?[/QUOTE]

I have the snes and the nes ones as well. They work well in terms of wireless reception and all that, but there are a couple of issues with the design of the controllers themselves that you should be aware of.

There are no D-pads on these controllers, instead you get a circle kind of thing that you slide around with your thumb. Think of the nes MAX controller from way back, its like that. The problem with this is that its very hard to hit precise directions at will. It makes fighting games very hard to control. For RPGS, and shooters and racers it works just fine, but your gonna have trouble with Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat.

The other thing that I didnt like is that the select and start buttons are not buttons, its a membrane that you push down on to activate, and sometimes you have to push very hard to get the press to register. And after a while, the membrane can start to get worn, always looking pushed in, or getting fingernail marks in it after lots of use.

Other than that they work great. I got the 'collectors' editions in the metal cases, but they are kinda overpriced imo... They are good controllers except for what I mentioned above, but they still done beat the goodness of the regular old stock snes pad...

I bought the NES controllers. I loved them. When I played with just myself, the wireless connectivity was fine. But when I used the 2nd controller, they conflicted with each other. They'll play fine for about a minute; then the first controller would disconnect for a few seconds, then vis versa with the 2nd controller. But I didn't use the adaptors you plung into the system. I have a NEX that's suppose to detect the controllers without them.

I emailed Messia to find out what was the defect. Was it the controllers? Was it the NEX not detecting correctly? Should I use the adaptors if I'm playing two players? They responded with no answer. They just told me to send them back for new ones. So I did and now I'm waiting.

BTW, I love my NEX.

[quote name='controlcommerce']I bought the NES controllers. I loved them. When I played with just myself, the wireless connectivity was fine. But when I used the 2nd controller, they conflicted with each other. They'll play fine for about a minute; then the first controller would disconnect for a few seconds, then vis versa with the 2nd controller. But I didn't use the adaptors you plung into the system. I have a NEX that's suppose to detect the controllers without them.

I emailed Messia to find out what was the defect. Was it the controllers? Was it the NEX not detecting correctly? Should I use the adaptors if I'm playing two players? They responded with no answer. They just told me to send them back for new ones. So I did and now I'm waiting.

BTW, I love my NEX.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm... theres no signal setting switch on the NEX then? The plug in adapters have a switch where you can set the channel from 1-4. hmmm... 4 player wireless bomberman on the snes would rock!

bread's done
Back