Anybody hear anything about Raze's Hell?

I just randomly came across that game on EB's website. It does seem interesting, and $20 helps a lot too.

Lately it seems that budget titles are crappy (Narc anyone?). I am starting to distrust the $20 price tag.

Also I dont have much time for games so I now am more selective as to what I throw down my money for.

It looks interesting, but I think coming out a week after Psychonauts really knocks it down my list of games to buy. And though I've seen quite a few ads for this game, I really haven't seen that much information on it.

ign just gave it a 9.9!

actually, they have the first review i have seen and im picking this one up
co-op play and what could be solid live play, without any game-killing mistakes (which was all that was holding my decision back).

Raze looks like it should be short for Raziel, and the main character looks alot like him too.

I'm kind of surprised that this game has nothing to do with Soul Reaver.

[quote name='Xevious']Lately it seems that budget titles are crappy (Narc anyone?). I am starting to distrust the $20 price tag. [/quote]

Are you just randomly pulling things like that out of your ass or are you totally ignoring other games like Obscure, Phantom Dust, ESPN MLB 2K5, and Megaman Anniversary Collection?

IGN gave it a 7.. it looks interesting to say the least.

Yep, Overstock.com has it for about $18 or so....would've been good with the 10% off. I passed, but screenshots looked interesting

[quote name='Kayden']Under the Skin is another budget game. You're an alien that steals peoples skin... o_O[/QUOTE]

Is it out? That sounds awesome, almost like Snatcher.

EDIT: NM, fucking PS2 exclusive games..

I was thinking of picking up Raze's Hell until I read the review that said its hard - not because the gameplay is challenging but because it forces you to stay at a distance and the enemies are really cheap.

I may pick it up when it drops to $5 or $10, but until then, meh.

[quote name='Scorch']Are you just randomly pulling things like that out of your ass or are you totally ignoring other games like Obscure, Phantom Dust, ESPN MLB 2K5, and Megaman Anniversary Collection?

IGN gave it a 7.. it looks interesting to say the least.[/QUOTE]

What he said.

I missed this thread and have already posted in the reviews section, so mods feel free to move that or do whatever you feel is appropriate.

Anyway, despite a few graphical glitches, the game is worth the $20 that I paid for it. It is a first person shooter with a control scheme similar to halo, but you can roll around sonic style to get through levels quickly and it has live ammo like Oddworld Stranger. The enemies can take several shots before they go down, but it really depends on what kind of live ammo you are using. Of course, the more powerful ammo is in more limited supply. You can sneak up on enemies in stealth mode and kill them meelee style with your arm blade, but the applications of this have been limited for me sofar.

Like obscure, it is not necessarily easy to find. I checked 2 eb's and didn't notice any copies on the shelves, until I looked behind the register in the glass case and saw maybe 2 copies. I went to best buy originally, and they did not have any copies.

Gamespot gave it a decent review. Now my curiousity is peaked. Maybe I will give this one a shot.

[quote name='daria19']I missed this thread and have already posted in the reviews section, so mods feel free to move that or do whatever you feel is appropriate.

Anyway, despite a few graphical glitches, the game is worth the $20 that I paid for it. It is a first person shooter with a control scheme similar to halo, but you can roll around sonic style to get through levels quickly and it has live ammo like Oddworld Stranger. The enemies can take several shots before they go down, but it really depends on what kind of live ammo you are using. Of course, the more powerful ammo is in more limited supply. You can sneak up on enemies in stealth mode and kill them meelee style with your arm blade, but the applications of this have been limited for me sofar.

Like obscure, it is not necessarily easy to find. I checked 2 eb's and didn't notice any copies on the shelves, until I looked behind the register in the glass case and saw maybe 2 copies. I went to best buy originally, and they did not have any copies.[/QUOTE]

i thought it was a 3rd person shooter? or does the game allow you to switch between 1st and 3rd person?

bread's done
Back