Anybody here ever bought a phone and service through Amazon?

AshesofWake

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
My Sprint contract is ending soon and I want to order a new phone off Amazon with service but I want to keep my same number. I want to continue with Sprint, but Amazon just has a better deal on the phone. Anybody have experience doing this? Or any experience purchasing a phone with a contract on Amazon and can give me some input? i went on the page and read most of the stuff, but still kind of confused if a carry over is possible or not. Any help would be appreciated! thanks! :)

check out best buy mobile also. the prices are usually very close to amazon (still no mail in rebate, unlike sprint stores), you get the phone right away, and they will transfer your phone numbers for you for free.

Ironic...I just bought a HTC Incredible (Verizon) off amazon yesterday. I was worried too, but the Verizon rep I spoke with says they partner with Amazon so buying a phone and setting it up through them should be fairly easy. They even said there is no activation fee. I'm not sure about Sprint though.

hey, i bought two phones off amazon a few years ago, probably like 7 years ago. both were supposed to come with $100-$200 rebates. i somehow never got either rebate. when i tried to claim them i was told certain requirements werent met. i was well within the date etc, was never able to get it straightened out. point is, if the better deal youre getting is due to rebates, read everything carefully.

If you do call Sprint, it would not hurt to push them to offer you a better deal in order to buy the phone from them. Verizon could match the price, but shipping and tax were another story.

I bought a Blackberry during Amazon's numerous 1 cent sales, but had to change my phone number. AT&T told me that I would have to pay the for the full cost of the phone if I wanted to keep my old phone number. It was a big hassle, but I essentially got a free smart phone out of it, even if I did have to change numbers.

[quote name='shieryda']I bought a Blackberry during Amazon's numerous 1 cent sales, but had to change my phone number. AT&T told me that I would have to pay the for the full cost of the phone if I wanted to keep my old phone number. It was a big hassle, but I essentially got a free smart phone out of it, even if I did have to change numbers.[/QUOTE]

oh wow, thats annoying, i want to keep my number though.

so thanks for the Best Buy suggestion, went there and it seems i can get the phone i want for 80 bucks more than amazon. but i get to keep my number and such. Though I did called Sprint, and the guy said i could order it all through amazon and when i get the phone i can call them and they will port the number, but he didn't sound confident. so im still scared lol.

just an update, I got an extended plan and phone on Newegg cheaper than best buy but not as cheap as amazon, but i get to keep my number and account with Sprint! yay!!!! happy ending for sleepless googling and searching the internetz non-stop haha. weeeee

bread's done
Back