Anybody here having a menu freeze problem with Mercenaries 2?

outerheaven

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I had just gotten the game this past weekend and everytime I get to the menu it freezes up with it saying on the top "connecting to EA Server". I did a search on it and found out that the ea server is down but no word on how long. Is anybody having the same problem and know when the server will be even fixed? Also if this is the only EA game that is having the same problem.

I am having the same problem too. I can only play this game if I disconnect from the internet.

I have e-mailed EA and they have tried to fob me off saying it's to do with my save game data or my system not being fully up to date with the software updates.

I have e-mailed them again asking if they have dedicated servers for Mercs 2 and asked them to look on the internet at the amount of people having the same problem.

Maybe you could e-mail EA too. If we all complain they may actually get of their arses and sort it out. Hopefully they can do it without Pandemic as they've dropped them.

If I remember correctly, EA hosts the servers to connect to the EA community while playing online. This allowed anyone to join your game at any time. If you go into the options, you should have the ability to turn that "feature" off. My guess is once you turn that off, the game will progress. EA has likely shut down these servers...

I played the game during the summer and always had problems connecting to the EA servers. Maybe they finally shut the game down? They did just close down Pandemic, so who knows.

bread's done
Back