Anybody here like McDonald's?

HovaEscobar

CAGiversary!
Y'know, everybody on the internet seems to give McDonald's a bunch of crap; saying that it tastes shitty, that it isn't real food, etc. Well I just never understood that. I love McDonald's. I love it now, I loved it 2 years ago when I was 100 pounds heavier, I just think it's delicious. I've had other good burgers that are better, I'll give you that, but McDonald's isn't terrible and at that price it's a steal. I live with a McDonald's down the hill next to my place so I just walk down. I eat there rarely however when I need a cheap fast food fix McDonald's is just the best possible option. That being said, when you over do it you'll end feeling terrible. Plus I exercise a lot more than the average person.

As far as the taste goes, I've NEVER had any particularly bad food at McDonalds. It's not spectacular, it's not terrible, and it always tastes the same. That being said, I honestly do not have high standards for foods unless on special occasions. I also like the idea that there are McDonald's around the world that serve the same basic meals ( with some variations based on the country). That way, if you're visiting a country just for business purposes or you're simply afraid that it's food won't sit well with your stomach, you won't be forced to be in a sticky situation.

Does anyone actually LIKE McDonald's or does everyone hate it?

Keep that nasty garbage away from me unless I'm starving. Sorry man, that stuff is horrible.

I don't LOVE it, but I enjoy it. I enjoy most fast food. I do, however, HATE how bad it is for you. That annoys me. I'm SURE they can find a good balance of good taste and shit that isn't AWFUL for you.

The food IS fake as hell. Yeah, it tastes pretty good (depends on what we're talking about)..but it is pretty much slop. :(

I don't hate or find it disgusting like many people often do, I just wouldn't eat there by choice. If I had to choose to eat at a fast food burger place it would be have to be Wendy's.

I hardly ever eat burgers from fast food joints though. I am partial to Atlanta Bread Company.

Im not sure what is worse for you from mcdonalds. the high fructose corn syrup i the bread, the fat content, or the ungodly amounts of salt. Two double cheese burgers almost clean you out for two days.

I LOVE MCDONALD'S. The girlfriend likes getting the hamburger happy meal and I usually just get the Big Mac meal. Buy a couple McDoubles or McChickens if I'm really hungry and we chow down. I think the price is the best factor. Living on a limited budget.. eating McDonald's is a luxury. Doesn't hurt that the girlfriend is real low maintenance too so she doesn't give a shit about where we dine. But of course, eating McD's is not my highest preference, but again, the price is the selling point.

And no, she is not fat.. but I kind of have some excess baggage. Might be the McDonald's. Haha.

[quote name='mis0']I LOVE MCDONALD'S. The girlfriend likes getting the hamburger happy meal and I usually just get the Big Mac meal. Buy a couple McDoubles or McChickens if I'm really hungry and we chow down. I think the price is the best factor. Living on a limited budget.. eating McDonald's is a luxury. Doesn't hurt that the girlfriend is real low maintenance too so she doesn't give a shit about where we dine. But of course, eating McD's is not my highest preference, but again, the price is the selling point.

And no, she is not fat.. but I kind of have some excess baggage. Might be the McDonald's. Haha.[/QUOTE]

How often do you "dine" at McD's?

I get a craving for a McDonald's hamburger every now and then, but that's about the only time I ever go.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']I used to work at McDonald's.

I do not like McDonald's.[/QUOTE]

I do not like it, Sam I Am. ;)

[quote name='DarkSageRK']I used to work at McDonald's.

I do not like McDonald's.[/QUOTE]

lol. I don't know why but ^ is funny.

Are you implying that because you know the inside workings of McDonalds, you don't like it?

McDonalds does taste like shit, ever since they took at the fats out of the food that made it taste good. Fatasses out there ruined it for everyone...and they're still fat, so it's all for nothing.

I like the food, though my digestive system doesn't. I occasionally grab a McDouble, McChicken, and fruit and yogurt parfait off the dollar menu.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']McDonalds does taste like shit, ever since they took at the fats out of the food that made it taste good. Fatasses out there ruined it for everyone...and they're still fat, so it's all for nothing.[/QUOTE]

I LOL'ed.

I don't think I've ever ate from them and thought to myself, "Wow this is delicious." But at the same time, I've never had a bad meal. If I need a "healthy" fast food fix, I'll go to Wendy's for a grilled chicken sandwich and baked potato.

On the rare occasion in which I want to gorge myself on fast food, Taco Bell is usually my first choice. Oddly enough, whenever I do go to McDonald's, it is usually for their breakfast menu. For some reason I can't get enough of their Egg McMuffins, hotcakes, and hash browns.

Any fast food = :puke:

I used to eat Checkers about 6 years ago and i would only get one thing: Spicey Chicken, Fries, Shake. I have never liked McDonalds, Burger King etc....

The only thing close to fast food that I eat is a burrito from Chipotle

I could eat McDonalds even after just having had a full meal. Fish-o-deliciousness is all I have ever had there, though. I had a Big Mac in Dubai twice, that shit was gooooood.

The reason people claim to hate it is because it is cool to hate McDonalds. That being said, I probably have McDonalds once a month. Shit is bad fer ya, but I find that not having a soda with it really makes it a lot less lethal. I also noticed that some of you guys eat multiple burgers in one sitting at McDonalds. Are the second burgers healthier choices than eating fries? I never really thought of that before.

I only eat McDonald's for the Egg McMuffins and that's it.

I've decided one day to try out other places and GODDAMN, everywhere else is just better.

Except Burger King. And Rally's. And ESPECIALLY In and Out.

Although I'm staying away from Jack in the Box because they're so damn pricey for some reason now. And Carl's Jr. need to seriously lower their prices.

Ya its cool to hate McDonalds.....or its really bad for you and some people would rather not reduce their life by 5 years for some nasty azz burger

Bleh, my girlfriend works there, i'm not a fan of them either, though they Grilled Club Sandwiches are the best!

However, Best Burger Chain out there for me goes to Red Robin!

Burger King is next in line, that and you can find them more often around then Red Robin, not only that, the Tendercrisp, Steakhouse Burgers, and the Whopper all equal AWESOME!

[quote name='steveinneed']
Are you implying that because you know the inside workings of McDonalds, you don't like it?[/QUOTE]

I guess. I'm not really averse to eating the food, it's just that the only good stuff is expensive (I used to live on the McChickens when I worked there, but the grizel always killed the deal).

Also, working there was not fun, so I'd rather not put money into their pockets when I have a choice.

only fast food i eat is zaxbys chicken and pita pit if you consider that fast food. Not really like McDonalds or Burger King.

McDonalds is the greatest place in the world when you get out of the bar at 3AM, shitfaced drunk. But at that point I think you're open to just about anything.

[quote name='BigPopov']McDonalds is the greatest place in the world when you get out of the bar at 3AM, shitfaced drunk. But at that point I think you're open to just about anything.[/QUOTE]

replace mcdonalds with white castle or krystals and youre on the money.

I rarely eat there. If they had Lego toys,
real Lego toys, I'd buy the sets. Some time
ago, I was getting some food, and saw
the poster for the Lego Batman toys.
I assumed that I'd be getting a small
bag of Legos. Nope.

The Lego toys, with an exception of the Lego
Batman toys, were the best toys that they
ever offered. It was the only toys that were
not inferior to the retail counterparts.

My friend found a dirty band-aid in the grease where they would cook the fries when he worked at Mcdonald's :)

I love the taste of the food, I won't lie. But whenever I eat there I can expect to spend the rest of the day on the crapper. It seriously knocks my digestive system for a loop each and every time I eat there.

There are far better things available in the average town but there are far worse things, too. I can think of a lot of times when McDonalds would have been a highly favored choice over what was available.

One plus is consistency. Renowned chef Julia Child lauded McDonalds for being something she could rely on no matter where she traveled and just wanted something that was a known quantity rather than an unfamiliar local venue. McDonalds pioneered this and now it can be said about most any fast food chain.

Being a cheapass, my choices tend to be heavily influenced by the coupons I'm carrying. The contract work I was doing recently would sometimes go into serious overtime that would have me driving home at well after midnight. I got to see a few sunrises at some especially screwed up banks. (This was installing/imaging computers at Wells Fargo branches.) Anyway, if I was going to get any dinner without going into someplace like a Denny's and spending time in a booth instead of getting home to sleep, a fast food joint was the primary option. Once home, it was necessary to immediately go to my room to avoid waking others who had to be up in the morning.

Recently, McDonalds ran some coupons in the paper that got you two Angus burgers for the price of one. This is the sort of coupon I like. Eat one on the way home or while checking for important mail before retiring, then have the other for breakfast. Did this a lot recently as well with the Carls Jr. Bourbon and Guacamole burgers. Enough so that I've had my fill of them for a while.

Other choices for getting food while dragging myself home from a job site are almost identical offers from Taco Bell and Del Taco. Both have a deal that gives you your choice of bean burritos and soft tacos out of a set number. IIRC the Del Taco Fiesta Pack was a bit more costly but the cost per item worked out lower. More expensive in general than a good coupon deal from the burger joints but tacos and burritos do much better as reheated items the next day.

Their fries=:drool:

The fruit and walnut salads and fruit and yogurt parfaits are also good. I used to get their grilled chicken sandwiches, but they are pretty pricey now considering it's fucking McDonald's and the fact that they aren't that great for the price. I haven't eaten there in a long ass time other than grabbing a fruit and walnut salad at the airport. My fiance refuses to eat there so my times to actually be able to dine there are pretty limited.

only an Egg McMuffin once in awhile the rest is garbage IMO..

Nothing will beat a place we had around here when i was younger (late 70's - early 80's) called "Dogs N' Suds" a drive in type place that served hotdogs & burgers and Ice Cold Rootbeer in frosted mugs.. the place was a drive in style order at your car window..eat in your car a bit like sonic.. (they had a drive up window too) ah the good days when food was real.

[quote name='Romis']Nothing will beat a place we had around here when i was younger (late 70's - early 80's) called "Dogs N' Suds" a drive in type place that served hotdogs & burgers and Ice Cold Rootbeer in frosted mugs.. the place was a drive in style order at your car window..eat in your car a bit like sonic..[/QUOTE]

I live about 5 minutes from Lodi, CA, which is the birthplace of A&W. The Original A&W restaurant is still there complete with roller skating car hops and frosted mugs of root beer.

I like McDonalds, you can't beat a couple $1.00 double cheeseburgers late at night.. The best fast food burger joint is Steak N Shake though.

[quote name='Romis']only an Egg McMuffin once in awhile the rest is garbage IMO..

Nothing will beat a place we had around here when i was younger (late 70's - early 80's) called "Dogs N' Suds" a drive in type place that served hotdogs & burgers and Ice Cold Rootbeer in frosted mugs.. the place was a drive in style order at your car window..eat in your car a bit like sonic.. (they had a drive up window too) ah the good days when food was real.[/QUOTE]

Dog N Suds still exists. I have two of them within 10 miles of me (West Lafayette, IN).

Only the burgers disgust me. It has to be something to do with the way the meat is prepared because every place uses about the same mass processed variety.

[quote name='steveinneed']How often do you "dine" at McD's?[/QUOTE]

Like once a week I suppose. I limit myself to one fast food joint a week. McDonald's and Carl's is the place I like going the best. A lot of good coupon deals where I go to college. :)

bread's done
Back