Anybody here work with wiring? I need advice on how to repair!

MiNuN

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey guys

I moved my pc a bit too far today and one of the wires came off the head, the wire itself doesn't look damaged but it is not coming back together if I rebuild it, it is completely loose and just falls apart

since then my internet has been a little wonky not stabled and keep disconnecting

I am hoping somebody can give me advice on how to make it work again properly

img0970gb.jpg

No one is going to have any idea how to help you without pictures or a better explanation. A wire coming loose is far too vague.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']No one is going to have any idea how to help you without pictures or a better explanation. A wire coming loose is far too vague.[/QUOTE]

I did post a picture??

Is that COAX? If so cut that cable back a inch or so. Use some cable strippers strip back the sheathing and your connector looks good on the pic so just put it over the newly stripped cable and use a cable clamp to clamp it down. Any excess coax past the newly clamped connector just cut off with wire cutters. Assuming you have the right tools it should take about a minute to do from start to finish

^hey, thanks for the advice, before some questions before I attempt it

I googled coax and it does look similar, but what good will cutting it do?

I mean the part I have doesn't look damaged at all, could I just clamp the connector?

another question, the tip of the cable is the only metal part I think behind it (think centre of the wire) is stringy, would it be possible this wouldn't be coax?

Its COAX, same thing you would find for your cable TV. You might want to hit up a Radio Shack, Lowes, or Home Depot, they should have a new connector that kind of screws on to the wire. You might need to cut the wire and pull back the outside layer, that will depend on the connector.

bread's done
Back