Anybody know if Gamerush is doing the midnight release thing for the 360?

freezedried74

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Is Gamerush doing a midnight release for the 360? Also, have they said how many 360s each Gamerush is getting. I am #10 on the preorder list and that is where they cut it off at my store. Thanks for any info.

Eah Store get's 10 unit's, all of them are them $399 systems. I have asked about a midnight launch, & of course they have no idea yet.

seirously, call....

What's wrong with people making threads like this? Do you expect us to call your gamerush or something. Lazy bastards

I am number 8 out of 10 for 360 at my GR. I asked last week about a midnight lauch, they said they had no clue. Come on, its only 10 people that you would have to cater to. Hopefully mine will be open that extra 30-45 mintues.

Even if they are not having an official launch party, they close at midnight anyway. There is no reason why they would not ring you up at midnight. And O yeah, CALL THEM!

Based on the PSP launch, some of the stores opened till 1am, some don't give a damn. The one in Monrovia, CA that I went to for the PSP launch, had some sort of party set up with a big screen TV and PS2 hooked up, with balloons and food and drinks. But since nobody had mention yet, CALL THEM! ;)

[quote name='y2jrevolution']Even if they are not having an official launch party, they close at midnight anyway. There is no reason why they would not ring you up at midnight. And O yeah, CALL THEM![/QUOTE]

Why pay two-three employees an extra hour worth of wage to sell items to customers they can buy the next day? Also, some Managers don't consider 12:01AM the 'next day' so they would be breaking the launch rules.

Sorry for the igorance. I thought that staying open would be a corporate decision. So I went to my Gamerush and asked... they have no clue what they are doing yet.

Mine said they were not sure. I was #1 on the list, so hopefully they follow the list :)

I'll ask again this week when I pick up Half-Life 2 (and possibly my 360 titles)

[quote name='scrapdawg02']Anyone know if GR is still accepting Pre-Orders?[/QUOTE]

There was only 10 per store. I'm 10th on my store's list. Hopefully they release it at midnight.

i was in mine the other day and they had said that they should be getting them in a few days before so i should be able to pick it up midnight on the 22nd

I haven't heard anything official about a midnight release, although all the stores in the Charlotte district are planning on it. I'm going to be there unless I quit before then, which is possibility.

Well, it's a YMMV situation since each BB/GR is different. However, mine had midnight releases for Halo2 and Madden 06. I'll ask again when I pick up my games tomorrow or Thurs or Friday.

My GR is selling them after midnight, but they got cut short. I was #1 on my list, but the ones that didn't make it were called to inform them. Best of luck, hopefully not every GR got shorted.

[quote name='milmanias']My GR is selling them after midnight, but they got cut short. I was #1 on my list, but the ones that didn't make it were called to inform them. Best of luck, hopefully not every GR got shorted.[/QUOTE]

How many got cut short?

Hate to be the bearer of bad tidings, but according to my local Gamerush store manager, they received an email from corporate telling stores NOT to stay open to sell the 360. Apparently they have security/robbery concerns.

Xphyle

[quote name='Xphyle']Hate to be the bearer of bad tidings, but according to my local Gamerush store manager, they received an email from corporate telling stores NOT to stay open to sell the 360. Apparently they have security/robbery concerns.

Xphyle[/QUOTE]

Well, that's pretty dumb. They could just call the people that have it preordered, and tell them to come in 10 minutes before close. Then, lock up the doors at midnight, and have all of the whoppin' 10 people rung up in about 15 minutes. Were they concerned about robbery for the PSP midnight launch? Or Halo 2?

I just got back from Gamerush. I spoke to the Gamerush manager, and he stated he never received any email from corporate not to sell them at midnight, and to come down at 12:00 to pick up my system.

He also said how they are only getting 6 systems, so himself and another employee are not getting one, along with 2 people who he already called.

My store still had no clue if they were doing a midnight launch for the 360....if not, I'll be there first thing Tuesday morning. They also would not sell ANY game to me (evn the ones I pre-ordered)

Oh well....a bit upsetting, but I'll live.

I'm #10 out of 10 at my Gamerush, and I have a feeling that I'm going to get fucked! When I went in to ask them about shortages, and if they were going to get enough systems, they were clueless. "All we know is that they promised us 10 about three months ago. We haven't heard anything else." Well, they haven't called me...yet. There's still hope, I suppose.

at least you're #10. i'm #11 and i've been calling every other day. They dont have any clue and they said to check back on on monday to confirm if i'm getting it.

I went by my GR last night to pick up a couple of games. I asked about the 360 launch. First, no one knew anything about the launch. So, the lady had to make at least 6 different phone calls. Here's what I was told, my GR will not have a midnight launch. If I want it pick it up, I have to drive about 30 minutes away and go to the "official launch party" at another GR. You think this would not be so bad, but there are at least 10 GR in the Plano, Frisco, North Dallas area. Also, I have no idea how many GR's are in the Dallas area. All pre-order are going to this one GR. I'm thinking what about at least 150 pre-orders for the Dallas area. Here I was thinking I would not have to wait in line, go to my GR at midnight and be home by 12:30. Now, I will not be getting my 360 at midnight. I'll pick it up on Tuesday after work. Oh well, I have Wednesday off so I'll play the crap out of it then........

as of right now I'm pretty POed at my Gamerush. I'm #8 in the preorder list of 10. they are only getting 8 in though and I was told I'm not on the list. the reason - I'm paid in full. when I asked about this it sounded like they wanted to get one additional sale out of this so I got bumped. I was the only person who paid in full. I am waiting to talk with the manager to sort all of this out.

[quote name='chrishicks']as of right now I'm pretty POed at my Gamerush. I'm #8 in the preorder list of 10. they are only getting 8 in though and I was told I'm not on the list. the reason - I'm paid in full. when I asked about this it sounded like they wanted to get one additional sale out of this so I got bumped. I was the only person who paid in full. I am waiting to talk with the manager to sort all of this out.[/QUOTE]

Woah that's messed up! At least you know where you stand. I've been assured I'm good to go as long as I pre ordered. Didn't ask for my name or anything! As for specific numbers, they have no clue. Hope things work out for you!

Just got back from Gamerush with good news. I was 10th on the list when I originally signed up, but since I payed before anyone else, I got bumped up to #1. They're only getting 5 premiums, and 3 core systems. Plus, I can pick mine up at midnight on Monday. I guess I'm lucky that I decided to put money down as soon as they called me!

Just called about mine. Tthey did indeed get shorted from 10 to 5. I will still be getting one.
I was number 3 on their list. They will be selling them at Midnight.

I just got back from mine. My store is only getting 5 and the manager of the store has no clue what he is going to do about the list. He is not sure whether he is going to screw his employees or what. He has yet to call us preorders but I have a feeling I am going to get screwed since I was #9. I hope GameRush gives us something for messing up with the promise of first shipment.

bread's done
Back