Anybody know of any deals on the LOTR EE blu-ray set?

best buy 64.99 with 5 off coupon. Thats about it.

edit// 94.99 with coupon [I feel for you man, always pick up something like this on release week]

you prolly won't see the sale price again until either Black Friday or next year.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']Its out of stock at the moment, but Walmart.com has it listed for $69.96:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/16405980

As with the Futurama Volume 5 listed in another post, I'd just check back in here and there on the site and maybe itll come up in stock again.[/QUOTE]

I spotted that, and actually made my Walmart run today just to check if it was in-store, but it wasn't.

I'll keep an eye on the website though. Might get lucky.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']I spotted that, and actually made my Walmart run today just to check if it was in-store, but it wasn't.

I'll keep an eye on the website though. Might get lucky.[/QUOTE]

not all items are the same price in store...............however I would have mentioned to them the online price. They probably would have pricematched it.

[quote name='Naplex']My local bestbuy has them at 69.99 for the regular, and 99.99 for the BB exclusive edition[/QUOTE]

was this today? sale was supposed to end yesterday.

Went to bestbuy last night to pick it up... only had the exclusive set which was 119.99 marked on the box (not 99) Which is insane that they are saying 6 small pewter figures are worth $50

... if they were for the miniature board game then they would have some practical application value or chess pieces maybe. But just being 6 pewter figures, what the hell would you do with them? Nothing like the old exclusive bookends/statues.

Grabbed it off Amazon, lucky timing! jeez.

[quote name='CaoPi']it was part of the 5 for $20 blu ray deals at BBV, good luck finding them though[/QUOTE]

Those werent the extended versions

I got so much crap in my collection I am waiting until it is much cheaper... I can wait until BF... or longer as the case with BTTF trilogy

[quote name='tranceFusion']do you guys think the price is going to drop like a rock on this one like the theatrical version?[/QUOTE]

the cheapest i think this set will go is $50. And thats even a huge maybe.

I cruised by my local used dvd shop yesterday and they had a brand new sealed copy of the Extended set on blu for $42. I picked it up right away even though i still have the original trilogy on blu sealed. Deal was just too good to pass up...

[quote name='tranceFusion']do you guys think the price is going to drop like a rock on this one like the theatrical version?[/QUOTE]

The theatrical cut is what will keep the price of this version high. If stores want a super cheap LOTR set, most people are happy buying the theatrical cuts, so they'll discount those and lose less money.

Hence my rush to buy it cheap now, while deals might still exist. I didn't want to wait for BF. Hell, I try to not shop on BF if I don't have to.

69.99 was the launch price. I'm sure it will be down there again fairly routinely. They had TONS of them at my Best Buy. It's only 3 films afterall, so a box set costing over $20+ per is a little steep (even if it takes up 10 discs or whatever, it's still only 3 films).

I'm holding out for under $50.00 personally. *IF* it's part of an black Friday amazon deal I think they'll do alot better than 69.99. If it's not part of black Friday then I might just spring for the first time it goes on sale after the new year.

I'm not in a hurry because I bought the theatrical editions just last Christmas. I was tempted to just offload those on ebay and spring for the $69.99 at launch, but I think I'll just wait until at least after black Friday.

You can get it at BN.com for $83.99. I only say this is a deal because it is part of their Buy 2 Get 1 Free sale. So buy 3 copies, and sell two of em.

Trying to find a good (to decent) deal on this also.... looks like BN.com doesn't have the buy 2 get 1 free anymore? Walmart.com is up to 79.96....

I think we should keep this thread alive.. hopefully soon there will be a good deal to be had!!!

bread's done
Back