Anybody know the qualifications for GameCrazy's Asylum?

bjork73

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Apparently GameCrazy has a secret club for frequent shoppers called the Asylum (click on the black-and-white icon that looks like a Galaga Ship in the upper right corner of www.gamecrazy.com and you'll find a login page). Is anybody a member? Does anybody know the requirements for becoming a member? Is membership really worth anything? This puzzled gamer wants to know :)

It says go to gamecrazy and ask the employee and they are supposed to give you this thing. Dont know though looks interesting.

I used to know a GC manager and he wouldn't tell me anything about it. He just kept telling me I'd need to buy more. :roll:

Lol, that's a really good idea. Find some idiot and tell them "you need to buy more if you wanna join our secret club.... and no girls allowed."

here's the secret. I'm not soppose to tell anybody.
The top 100(could be different, changes all the time) buyers/traders at that store(each store gets different people) get an asterick on their name in our computer. we then give them their "secret information". Every year the check again and add more people.

-this is a bit of what i know and what my store director told me.

That doesn't actually tell us anything. :roll:

[quote name='doodle777_98']here's the secret. I'm not soppose to tell anybody.
The top 100(could be different, changes all the time) buyers/traders at that store(each store gets different people) get an asterick on their name in our computer. we then give them their "secret information". Every year the check again and add more people.

-this is a bit of what i know and what my store director told me.[/quote]

So... what does it get you? I'm not about to blow a bunch of money to join their secret club, but I want to know exactly what the hell it is since I'd never heard of it before today.

It's not- you have to spend a ridiculous amount of money to get it, and the only thing you get is a packet with a DVD, shirt, keychain, and an out of date codebook.

I haven't seen anything involving it for the past year.

Damned it.. I want in.. I want that inflatable Princess Peach doll, to take home and call my own.

(I'd make a shameless super mushroom joke, but I don't need to go that far with it...)

You know, this program only makes me want to hate Gamecrazy more than I already do rather than entice me to spend/trade more at their store.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']You know, this program only makes me want to hate Gamecrazy more than I already do rather than entice me to spend/trade more at their store.[/quote]

LOL, that's what I was thinking after hearing more about it... almost makes me wanna reconsider checking out what they have for Classic Plastic selection... emphasis on almost ;)

What's stupid about this - it's a way of analyzing marketing trends by creating a "special club" for your frequent shoppers where they give you information about what they want and what they're looking for.

Basically, if you spend a bunch at your local GameCrazy, you get the privilege of setting up an account to assure that you spend a bunch more at your local GameCrazy.

Most marketing surveys at least have the decency to tell you they're marketing surveys.

[quote name='Swift900']Whatever it is, it probubly isn't worth it.[/quote]
Its really not, I worked at a game crazy and I could grab a pin for it out of the back and hand it to whoever. All you really get is the occasional freebie(lame demo) or otherwise cheezy promo item.

It must be fairly useless if people here aren't clamoring for it.
If only GameStop had something similar. I'd easily top-rank at my store.

In the begining people got free shirts and stuff, but i never got anything myself. I heard that the free stuff stopped coming in. so it's kinda worthless.

bread's done
Back