Anybody know where the ad for the CC sale on sunday will be advertised?

It would presumable be part of the weekly flyer. Check to see which Sunday paper in your region carries it.

In these parts it runs in the Daily News but not the Los Angeles Times.

So it would be in the sunday paper. Does anybody know if it will be in any earlier paper or if it is an in-store only paper? Thanks.

Bring on the price matching. I gotta see when the guy I gave my list to at CC will be working so I can offer him some games or something to tell best buy(or where ever) anything they ask about is in stock.

i work at toys r us, so it will be super easy to price match since they never call any of the stores to see if their in stock because i work their :), and their is 5 disgaeas that are now on hold for me :)

[quote name='ChrisXE']i work at toys r us, so it will be super easy to price match since they never call any of the stores to see if their in stock because i work their :), and their is 5 disgaeas that are now on hold for me :)[/quote]

5?! Cripes! What're you going to do with 'em? ;)

Last time CC did that (about half a year ago?), they just said there were a bunch of games marked down, not one title in particular. I'd be surprised if that actually included every single game that will be $5.

Everyone do not expect to find a list of games in CC sunday ad. More than likely just a 1/4 of a page (maybe less) saying tons of games 5.00 dollars.

[quote name='isaac'][quote name='ChrisXE']i work at toys r us, so it will be super easy to price match since they never call any of the stores to see if their in stock because i work their :), and their is 5 disgaeas that are now on hold for me :)[/quote]

5?! Cripes! What're you going to do with 'em? ;)[/quote]

And when is he going to learn about homonyms?

[quote name='epobirs'][quote name='isaac'][quote name='ChrisXE']i work at toys r us, so it will be super easy to price match since they never call any of the stores to see if their in stock because i work their :), and their is 5 disgaeas that are now on hold for me :)[/quote]

5?! Cripes! What're you going to do with 'em? ;)[/quote]

And when is he going to learn about homonyms?[/quote]

lol cause their thing is over their while their stuff is their and right their they have their item, thats y TRU i work their.

[quote name='BigNick']ya, I doubt CC will have the name of their games in the ad.[/quote]

Yeah, I feel a "Titles may vary by store" disclaimer coming on.

They will probably at least have a few games in the ad showcaseing what is on sale. Hopefully they show Viewtiful Joe, and games like that

[quote name='jalu6'][quote name='BigNick']ya, I doubt CC will have the name of their games in the ad.[/quote]

Yeah, I feel a "Titles may vary by store" disclaimer coming on.[/quote]

Remember they did that a couple montsh ago. CC had a "Sale" that was false advertising. In their ad they said something similar to "Select video games up to 50% off." I went in, and all the games were the same price they had been for months. I asked a manager about it, and he said the ad was just to make people aware of their low prices. Sounds like false advertising to me.

It'll probably be a small blurb. "Select games clearanced down to five dollars."

But some are saying that they're going to list games in the paper, which would have been a huge advertising coup againt BB if hey had not screwed this whole thing up!

It will be a little 2x2 box on the electronics page that says select games $4.99. Titles vary by store. That's what I predict anyway. No one can seriously expect to see a list of over 200 games in their weekly ad. If they did that, customers would be pissed when they came in and couldn't find a specific game listed in their ad. Common sense is a good tool to use,

I think the best we can hope for is a picture of some of the better games (Viewtiful Joe, Ikaruga, Disgaea, etc.) with the $5 price shown so TRU and BB will be forced to pricematch...

Price matching a reciept does not help because if I can find the game at CC there's no reason to go to TRU...

So if they do say just "Select games $5," then would stores still price match without pictures or name listing? COuldnt they call the store and see that it was $5 and out of stock now?

And does anyone know if Fred Meyer Price matches?

You can subscribe to the weekly newsletter at circuitcity.com. Not sure if it will tell about the $5 deal, but it's worth a try.

So the sale was susposed to be advertised next sunday as in 7/11? And the sale actually started about 2 weeks ago? I got lucky and got a few games and had fun meeting another CAGr, I was hoping to hit a few other cc's, but if this sale was advertised, Im not going to bother.

[quote name='javeryh']I think the best we can hope for is a picture of some of the better games (Viewtiful Joe, Ikaruga, Disgaea, etc.) with the $5 price shown so TRU and BB will be forced to pricematch...

Price matching a reciept does not help because if I can find the game at CC there's no reason to go to TRU...[/quote]

The idea is you scan the receipt that someone else used, and then use it as proof

[quote name='javeryh']Price matching a reciept does not help because if I can find the game at CC there's no reason to go to TRU...[/quote]

Also, you could use a reciept to pick up a game at BB that you already got at CC, so that you could trade your extra copy to a fellow CAG! :)

[quote name='organicow'][quote name='javeryh']Price matching a reciept does not help because if I can find the game at CC there's no reason to go to TRU...[/quote]

Also, you could use a reciept to pick up a game at BB that you already got at CC, so that you could trade your extra copy to a fellow CAG! :)[/quote]

I see... I would be happy to trade if I had an extra copy...

[quote name='ChrisXE']IF i do get 5 copies at TRU, I will sell them 15$ SHipped to CAG's (Disgaea)[/quote]

I'll take one if you can get one. None of that game here in Madison. Please PM me if you are able to get one. Thanks.

They may even list a couple of titles....but either way all the stores in NYC are HOSTILE when you try to do a pricematch, and always call for stock. TRU in Union Square told me they don't match Circuit City or Bestbuy because they're not "competitors". Some bullshit huh. They told me they only match KB and K-Mart locally because they are toy stores or have toy depts. So I fear PM'ing won't be an option for me. And I don't think any of the NYC CC's have put anything away, I think they're all just picked clean.

[quote name='jshorr']They may even list a couple of titles....but either way all the stores in NYC are HOSTILE when you try to do a pricematch, and always call for stock. TRU in Union Square told me they don't match Circuit City or Bestbuy because they're not "competitors". Some bullshit huh. They told me they only match KB and K-Mart locally because they are toy stores or have toy depts. So I fear PM'ing won't be an option for me. And I don't think any of the NYC CC's have put anything away, I think they're all just picked clean.[/quote]

They tried to give a similar line of crap about matching a Fry's ad. They said Fry's is a warehouse store like CostCo or Sam's Club. I said this was nonsense since FRy's almost nothing in common with those places other than the sheer size of their stores. They gave in. They usually do. I know their POS system better han most of them and have helped solve their problems on occasion. Like most big POS systems it features some atrocious programming. If you have both a gift card and a credit certificate to use in the same sale they must be entered in the right order or the POS freaks and the sale must be voided and started over.

Some stores knowingly word their ads to avoid price matches at other stores not only to protect their sales but also to keep the managers from those store coming over and murdering them.

Long ago, back when they still dealt in video games, the Good Guys chain used to have these great blowout sales. A lot of it was open box or returned items but it was usually in good enough shape to buy for my own use at that price or for resale. I must have bought over a thousand SNES and Genesis carts from them over the years.

Part of the reason I did so well on those sales was the very understated way they were advertised. Out of a full page newspaper ad there would be just a couple lines of small type announcing "Video games marked down as low as $9.99" Often as not I'd be the only one to show up when they opened since they often did this on weekdays with the ad running in that morning's paper. The web barely existed then so word didn't spread very fast.

Since I don't have a CC where I live (I was able to get in on the deal cuz Im on vacation) could someone scan that part of the ad, so, once July 11th rolls around, I can price match at BB?

bread's done
Back