Anybody Know why Prices On Select Games are Jacked up?

Bencherstyle

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
few weeks back, i noticed that some of the games were becoming 64.99, on all the stores, which is ok, since the economy is hitting us like flapjacks on a bald guys face.

(specifically i bought COD WAW for 64.99 at EB, so it was werid)

but now, i know that futureshop, and other retailers are selling games for 59.99, but then EB decides to screw it and put 69.99 on Killzone 2.

http://ebgames.ca/sf3.asp

heres the link. ^^^

why is Eb making games more expensive?
and does that extra cash go into Eb's pocket?

and Futureshop is selling the game for 59.99

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pr...665000FS10075753&catid=24298&logon=&langid=EN

If you ask them, they'll mumble something nondescript about the American dollar, then ask for their $70.

If you had asked them why games were still so expensive when the American dollar was on par, they would have mumbled something nondescript about pricing not changing overnight, then asked for their $60.

Welcome to the wonderful land of "Taking It In The". Population: Your wallet. (What, you thought I was going to say something else?)

[quote name='halcyon1234']If you ask them, they'll mumble something nondescript about the American dollar, then ask for their $70.

If you had asked them why games were still so expensive when the American dollar was on par, they would have mumbled something nondescript about pricing not changing overnight, then asked for their $60.

Welcome to the wonderful land of "Taking It In The". Population: Your wallet. (What, you thought I was going to say something else?)[/quote]

i thought you were ganna say pooper... but that's just me.

damn EBgames! >(

Just a heads up, Killzone 2 should only be 59.99 @ EB. Just pre-ordered it today (in full). I think the website is wrong.

I'm none too happy with this. First of all, the arbitrary additional $10 for games this generation, and now an additional $10 because of the dollar.

I miss that nice spot last generation when our dollar was matching America's and new games were a straight $50.

Short and skinny the price is tied to the exchange rate, right now a $60 USD game is about $73 CDN. I had one EB employee tell me that, if they game is bought from a Canadian distributer then it will be $60 and if they get it from the US it will be $70. Personally I think this is BS.
I know that Nintendo just raised the price on all their hardware in Canada by $10... welcome to the new reality.

These days I always think twice before buying a game at its full price (60$).

When I see 65 - 70 or 75$ on the tag, I just laugh my ass off. No way in hell Im spending that much money on a game. You gotta have principles. When you buy that 75$ game, you tell the store: "I'm cool with that!"
If a game is mainly single player (No online play or simply boring multiplayer) I never buy it on day one.
If you watch out about getting the game spoiled, you will get the same game experience in a couple of months at half the price...
At the very least get something going with a friend that lives close to you and swap games when you finish 'em.
Nowadays game companies get a huge sales boost because if you want to play online each and every playerr needs a copy of the game. Back in the day, you invited friends to your place and played with em. Now you each need to have 2 consoles, 2 copies of a games, both have an internet account... and then you say: "Wow its cool we can play together!!! that setup just cost you twice as much as playing together back in the 80's or 90's...

bread's done
Back