Anybody live in/around NYC?

SlammedNiss

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
My wife and I will be vacationing there this December. If you live in/around NYC, please send me a PM. I have a few questions I'd like to ask. Namely, which airport should I fly into. Also, any info you can link me to for travel (trains/subway), as we don't plan to rent a car.

[quote name='SlammedNiss']My wife and I will be vacationing there this December. If you live in/around NYC, please send me a PM. I have a few questions I'd like to ask. Namely, which airport should I fly into. Also, any info you can link me to for travel (trains/subway), as we don't plan to rent a car.[/quote]

hey brother, I live in NYC. If you need some info on traveling in subways or buses, just check out www.hop2stop.com. there u can just type in the addresses of where u are and where ur going and poof, u have directions.

[quote name='topdolla69']hey brother, I live in NYC. If you need some info on traveling in subways or buses, just check out HopStop. there u can just type in the addresses of where u are and where ur going and poof, u have directions.[/QUOTE]

fixed

Laguardia be closest to the city or your other alternative is JFK, which is a bit farther out. I usually use hopstop.com to find how to get to places as well. The official site of NYC mass transit is mta.info

Pending on the time you fly in makes a huge difference. If your coming in during the morning 6-11am or 3 to 7 pm. Stay away from LaGuardia or JFK, granted that LaGuardia is about 8 miles away from Manhattan but public transportation and traffic sucks. Newark Airport is the way to go except the hours of 6am to 10am or 4pm to 7pm. They have better public transportation, rail to the path station. Unlike LaGuardia where you got to take the bus (not a short ride) and then to the train station.

Trust me, I have been traveling the NYC for business for over 10 years I know my way around. Just my two cents.:roll:

Well congrats on being smart enough to not rent a car. December is going to be a bad time at any of the airports, but if you plan on staying in Manhattan, Newark is your best bet. However if you are staying in Queens or Brooklyn, you may want to consider JFK or Laguardia. If you go to JFK you have the option of taking the airtrain ($5 per person that you pay when you exit the train) and then hopping on the Long Island Railroad or the MTA (Regular Subway/Bus System). Warning-if your getting on the LIRR, make sure you purchase your tickets BEFORE you get on the train. Else, you will be subject to big fines.

Are you going to be traveling throughout NYC and it boroughs (Brooklyn, Queens, The Bronx, Staten Island)? If so, consider purchasing an unlimited metrocard. They come in daily, weekly and monthly flavors.

bread's done
Back