Anybody picking up Sid Meier's Pirates?

sabin23

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Anybody picking up Sid Meier's Pirates?

I was thinking about waiting for a price drop to around $20 or less... but since it's $29.99 (Fry's ad), it seems impossible to pass up.

Just wondering...

A while back I played this fun little game for the NES called "Pirates!" Would this be related/ a remake of that game. From what I see, it could possibly be.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']Just wondering...

A while back I played this fun little game for the NES called "Pirates!" Would this be related/ a remake of that game. From what I see, it could possibly be.[/QUOTE]

Not sure, since the last Pirates game I played was as a young kid, on the PC back in the late 1980s... I haven't kept up or played any version of Pirates in the last 15+ years (although I've read the Genesis version was a good game)... I'm assuming the Xbox (and PC) version is is a remake of the original game.

[quote name='sabin23']Anybody picking up Sid Meier's Pirates?

I was thinking about waiting for a price drop to around $20 or less... but since it's $29.99 (Fry's ad), it seems impossible to pass up.[/QUOTE]

Yes, eventually. I'm right in the middle of San Andreas right now so I can't cope with another massive open-ended game. And the unopened Metroid Prime 2 is staring at me too...$20 might be the magic number for me on this one.

[quote name='dinovelvet']Yes, eventually. I'm right in the middle of San Andreas right now so I can't cope with another massive open-ended game. And the unopened Metroid Prime 2 is staring at me too...$20 might be the magic number for me on this one.[/QUOTE]

GTA:SA for Xbox?

Custom soundtracks are sweet but Rockstar should have let us save the replays... I wonder if the "Hot Coffee" hack will work on Xbox.

It's kind of funny because I also have an unsealed MP2 ($14.99 at EB) starting at me... not to mentioned a barely played GTA: Double Pak and sealed GTA:SA. I played GTA3 and Vice City on PS2 before but I wanted to play them all over again on Xbox before touching GTA:SA... fat chance that's going to happen if I get Pirates.

I wonder if the "Hot Coffee" hack will work on Xbox.

It does, but it freezes afterwards. Not freezes completely, but the character does. Everything else still moves around. You then have to reload the game (though i've heard entering the suicide code works but it never does for me). I tried it out yesterday. Downloaded the save from codejunkies.com and transferred it to the XBox with action replay.

[quote name='Scorch']It does, but it freezes afterwards. Not freezes completely, but the character does. Everything else still moves around. You then have to reload the game (though i've heard entering the suicide code works but it never does for me). I tried it out yesterday. Downloaded the save from codejunkies.com and transferred it to the XBox with action replay.[/QUOTE]

So it doesn't freeze on PS2?
Interesting Rockstar didn't alter the code for the XB version... I guess they didn't this to blow up in their face.

I ended up getting Sid Meier's Pirates for $28.99 at Best Buy (after PM Fry's and 10% difference) and got the 10,000 bonus RZ points deal that another CAG posted. I should be getting another $5 RZ certificate in the mail soon! thx to CAG.

[quote name='FrankySox']I picked it up at Best Buy but after I looked at the back of the game I put it back down.[/QUOTE]

It's an aquired taste, that's for sure.

I played the demo (which was only the ship battles) That seemed to be decent, but reviews make the rest of the game look like garbage.

On a side note....yep, GTA "Hot Coffee" is in XBOX. Also, show up at the GF's house in the GIMP SUIT :)

bread's done
Back