Anybody remember the ice cream cones cereal?

mbstuff

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Anybody remember the ice cream cones cereal? It's one of those things I remember about once every other year and say to myself, "Damn, that was some good stuff."

I only ate it for a short period, a year, maybe two at most, because they stopped selling it. This was sometime in the 80s I think. My memory is bad, but I do remember one thing: it was fucking good.

Actually, thinking back on it, the loss of the ice cream cones cereal from the market started my long steady decline in nutrition. Now I don't even eat breakfast.

Anybody remember any detailed info on this? There's not much on the web besides one review. If somebody gave me a 20-year-old box of it, I might eat it. Damn I'm starting to salivate.

I shall now put the purchase of the ice cream cereal recipe and factory on my to-do list, which includes such notable items as ownership of a baseball team and winning the pulitzer/nobel/hugo awards.

Thats all kids need is a reason to top their cereal with ice cream. I wonder what would happen if a lactose intollerant person ate a bowl of it.....

[quote name='Vampire Hunter D']Now i have a large craving for some Ice Cream Cones cereal. Never even heard of it till now.[/QUOTE]

It was quite good. I think I remember it being quite a sugary-er (yeah I made that up) version of Cookie Crisp cereal (which itself was discontinued... I think).

I never had this cereal but it sounds mighty tasty.

Also, I think Cookie Crisp is still being made. I saw it the last time I went to the grocery store.

I remember Ice Cream Cones. What I hated was that it was mostly cones and hardly any ice cream pieces (the part that I thought tasted better). I still liked it though

I also remember Sprinkle Sprangles, it was good too

Another one I remember is Dunkin Donuts Cereal. I guess the late 80's/early 90's was full of junk food cereal

I remember that cereal. I loved that stuff. I also loved that cereal that had the chef from the Muppets, but I remember that one didn't last very long in the market.

[quote name='senorwoohoo']I never had this cereal but it sounds mighty tasty.

Also, I think Cookie Crisp is still being made. I saw it the last time I went to the grocery store.[/QUOTE]

Are you serious? :shock: I haven't seen one around my area for the last 2 years. :cry:

Now, those capable, remember what these things were called for me: I think they were a Keebler product; they were graham cracker shelled peanuts filled with a choice of fudge or peanut butter.

[quote name='jmcc']Now, those capable, remember what these things were called for me: I think they were a Keebler product; they were graham cracker shelled peanuts filled with a choice of fudge or peanut butter.[/QUOTE]

Those were, in fact, delicious. I can not remember the name.

[quote name='jaykrue']Are you serious? :shock: I haven't seen one around my area for the last 2 years. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Yup, Cookie Crisp is still made. And it still kicks ass. I'll buy you a box, if you want :lol:

[quote name='jmcc']Now, those capable, remember what these things were called for me: I think they were a Keebler product; they were graham cracker shelled peanuts filled with a choice of fudge or peanut butter.[/QUOTE]

Crap, I know what you're talking about, but I can't think of the name. I was hooked on them.

[quote name='WAJedi']For more memories, check out the Ecto Cooler thread...which I still drive two hours for every couple of weeks.

Ecto Cooler thread[/QUOTE]

!!!!! I'd completely forgotten about this, even though I drank this everyday after school as a chubby child. Thanks!

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']Yup, Cookie Crisp is still made. And it still kicks ass. I'll buy you a box, if you want :lol:

Crap, I know what you're talking about, but I can't think of the name. I was hooked on them.[/QUOTE]
I was hooked on them, too. I can't understand why they'd be discontinued, actually. They were made of pure awesome.

Mr. Jones' Ice Cream Cones! I remember those, my favorites were the Ninja Turtles Cereal, the Nintendo Cereal and Dunkaballs Cereal.

Nintendo, it's for breakfast now...

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Mr. Jones' Ice Cream Cones! I remember those, my favorites were the Ninja Turtles Cereal, the Nintendo Cereal and Dunkaballs Cereal.

Nintendo, it's for breakfast now...[/QUOTE]
Ninja Turtle Cereal in my green, plastic, Michaelangalo cereal bowl.

I remember when I was really young there was this oatmeal that had these red things in it (teddy bear shaped I think) and they tasted REALLY great. Over the years I've tried the different oatmeal like the ones that had the dinosaurs and they don't even come close to the oatmeal with the red bears.

I have no idea what the oatmeal was called as this was long before I could read, I did hide my parent's car keys in the box though (my mother still doesn't let me live that one down).

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']Yup, Cookie Crisp is still made. And it still kicks ass. I'll buy you a box, if you want :lol:

Crap, I know what you're talking about, but I can't think of the name. I was hooked on them.[/QUOTE]

They have Peanut Butter Cookie Crisp now too.

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']I remember that cereal. I loved that stuff. I also loved that cereal that had the chef from the Muppets, but I remember that one didn't last very long in the market.[/QUOTE]

Croonchy stars kicked ass. http://www.muppetcentral.com/collectibles/muppets/food.shtml

P.S.: Ecto cooler is still made. It's now Shoutin' Orange Tangergreen.

P.S.S.: Still searching for a suitable replacement for those TMNT pies.

I miss Ralston's cereals. TMNT, Nintendo, (the good original) Cookie Crisp... WTF, a non-robbery-related wolf mascot now? I'm pretty sure they also had a Fruit Loops equivalent that had a much better flavor and lighter crisp.

[quote name='cgpwns']I remember when I was really young there was this oatmeal that had these red things in it (teddy bear shaped I think) and they tasted REALLY great. Over the years I've tried the different oatmeal like the ones that had the dinosaurs and they don't even come close to the oatmeal with the red bears.

I have no idea what the oatmeal was called as this was long before I could read, I did hide my parent's car keys in the box though (my mother still doesn't let me live that one down).[/QUOTE]Try googling "Undercover Bears". I saw it mentioned on a site about 80s food while reading up on the ice cream cone cereal and Croonchy Stars. One site said it was oatmeal w/ gummy bears in it... I'm not sure if I remember this one myself.

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']Try googling "Undercover Bears". I saw it mentioned on a site about 80s food while reading up on the ice cream cone cereal and Croonchy Stars. One site said it was oatmeal w/ gummy bears in it... I'm not sure if I remember this one myself.[/QUOTE]

http://www.lavasurfer.com/cereal-generalmills3.html

Scroll down for Ice Cream & Bear goodness.

bread's done
Back