Anybody who does any airbrushing/spraypainting want a small project?

ajh2298

CAGiversary!
Feedback
181 (100%)
I know this is a longshot but I thought I post it and give it a try.

My son has a goalie helmet that he wants painted a little bit. The helmet is already white and he just wants to add a little red and blue to it to match his glove, blocker, and pads. Now he does not want anything more than thin red and blue stripes on each side, wider stripes on the top and maybe a small double red and blue triangle on the chin. The clear coat has already been stripped from the helmet and all the hardware has been removed. I would try and do it myself via spraypainting but I dont want to take the risk of messing it up. I have checked with a few places in the area were they do airbrush items and they want to charge over $100.00 plus before they even hear the details of want we want.

If anybody here would lke to give it a shot and has the experience and equipment I would gladly like to talk to you. I would of course pay for the shipping both ways and supplies and give you something for your time and labor. PM me back kere if you are interested and we will go from there.

Thanks,
Anthony

Also, I'd like this picture of my cat and I airbrushed on the back of a denim jacket.

Last edited:
[quote name='ajh2298']I know this is a longshot but I thought I post it and give it a try.

My son has a goalie helmet that he wants painted a little bit. The helmet is already white and he just wants to add a little red and blue to it to match his glove, blocker, and pads. Now he does not want anything more than thin red and blue stripes on each side, wider stripes on the top and maybe a small double red and blue triangle on the chin. The clear coat has already been stripped from the helmet and all the hardware has been removed. I would try and do it myself via spraypainting but I dont want to take the risk of messing it up. I have checked with a few places in the area were they do airbrush items and they want to charge over $100.00 plus before they even hear the details of want we want.

If anybody here would lke to give it a shot and has the experience and equipment I would gladly like to talk to you. I would of course pay for the shipping both ways and supplies and give you something for your time and labor. PM me back kere if you are interested and we will go from there.

Thanks,
Anthony[/QUOTE]
In all honesty, by the time you pay someone here for time and labor, supplies, and shipping both ways, you might just be better off taking it to one of the places in your area.

If you just want some stripes, you should be able to do that yourself pretty easily. Get masking tape, then tape off the areas you want to stay white. You'll need to tape twice, once for red, once for blue. Don't spray too heavy or it will drip and run. Be careful at the end when peeling up the tape, or you'll bring the paint with it. Maybe do a practice run on some scrap wood or something.

You can probably find some tips and tutorials around the web.

[quote name='emdub']If you just want some stripes, you should be able to do that yourself pretty easily. Get masking tape, then tape off the areas you want to stay white. You'll need to tape twice, once for red, once for blue. Don't spray too heavy or it will drip and run. Be careful at the end when peeling up the tape, or you'll bring the paint with it. Maybe do a practice run on some scrap wood or something.

You can probably find some tips and tutorials around the web.[/QUOTE]

Yes, do this yourself. Use SPRAY PAINT and practice first on a couple street signs and bridges. Waste like 2 cans trying before attempting it on the helmet. Don't pay for something like this. At least not $100!

If you've never sprayed before I wouldn't necessarily have @ it. I'm sure that gear has a shiny finish to it and therefore a reg can in the hands of the un-initiated spells danger. Google monograming or airbrush, I'm sure you've got someone within 50 miles. Sounds like tops $5o job. (Looks around quickly, no sign of the Vandal Squad.)

bread's done
Back