anybodys order for DOA:U ship from outpost?

Wolfgame

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I caught doa:U from outpost when they had it going for 37.99, and a few weeks ago, before game even released I got put on back order, which is odd, im wondering if anyone elses order has shipped from them.

Outpost pre-orders are ALWAYS listed as backorder. It's a stupid system that Outpost has yet to correct. It can also cost them business because after a while you'll get the 'we couldn't fill your order, we will cancel it in 30 days' message.

It's true that they are listed as backorders, and they will cancel it after 30 days, but they also give you an option in the email they send you to extend your order until they recieve the item. You can either contact them by email or by phone. I sent an email back and they never answered, so I called them and the lady extended my order right then and there. KInd of a pain in the ass, but worth it for the prices they give you.

My understanding was that I had 30 days before they would cancel it, and since the games I had pre-ordered would supposedly be out within 30 days, I wouldn't have to do anything.

I just got an email confirming that the game shipped...but they chared me nearly $10 for shipping! I coudl've sworn the pre-order had free shipping! Can anyone confirm this?

I got the same 30 days backorder thing, and I didn't do anything. I figured I would wait close to the end of the 30 days, then call them. But, then I got the confirmation email saying my game has shipped. I hope it gets here soon!

[quote name='AJA iALAC']I just got an email confirming that the game shipped...but they chared me nearly $10 for shipping! I coudl've sworn the pre-order had free shipping! Can anyone confirm this?[/quote]

It DID have free shipping for a while. They may have removed it. Still, if it said free shipping when you bought it, they should not be able to change it on you like that, without your permission. And $10 to ship an XBox game? Since when? I've never even seen an EBay seller with the balls to mark up shipping that much!

damn thats bull. 37.99 +10= more then BB with GGC =(. Im glad i didnt preorder there but let me know how it turns out in case i do business with them later on

I'd like to check the status of my DOA order, but the order number I have will not fit in the text field on the tracking page. Wonderful.

[quote name='PsyClerk']I'd like to check the status of my DOA order, but the order number I have will not fit in the text field on the tracking page. Wonderful.[/quote]

try using only the first 8 numbers........they claim it works

{didn't for me,but so the site claims:whistle2:(

First 8 numbers don't work for me.

My Ace Combat 5 order had a different number (different as in shorter), and it fits the tracking page field. Shady.

They charged for shipping? I'm going to go check my order and see how much it cost. I'm pretty sure was the right price.

EDIT: Phew! They didn't charge me for shipping. Here's my copy and pasted order info. Of course, I edited out my info. with dashes...

order tracking
order info
Order Number: --------
Order Date: SEP 23, 2004 10:09 PM
E-mail:

shipping info billing info
Ship Method: ABX Ground delivery Payment Method: ----- (credit card)
Shipped To:
---------------

order shipping status
Item Status Item# Product Name Qty Unit Price Total
Shipped
Tracking#
----------- -------- Dead or Alive Ultimate - XBOX 1 $37.99 $37.99

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks again for placing your order with us! Subtotal: $37.99

Net Product: $37.99
Ground Shipping: $6.14
Shipping Savings: -$6.14
Sales Tax: $2.37

Total: $40.36

I didn't save much cash becuase DOA:U had its' MSRP dropped to $49.99 before it was released. Oh well...

Last edited by a moderator:
Ever since buy.com made me wait 60 days for Resident Evil Gamecube PRE-ORDER, I give all pre-orders the finger... maybe even both fingers... ha ha...

bread's done
Back