Anyone been to Puerto Rico? Any shops / stores have electronics?

MillerTime2523

CAGiversary!
Feedback
119 (99%)
I'll be going on a cruise this June with our family.

I was talking to my dad about it, and he told me that I should save my money, as they have a marketplace type deal with deals on name brand electronics, import video games and video game systems, etc.

I'm not sure if hes just trying to get me to save my money or what, but has anyone ever been to puerto rico? I'm really interested in finding out more about this (what is available, how their prices compare).

If anyone has ever been, please let me know if anything like this exists. Thanks!

:edit: oh yeah, I didn't know where I should post this. if its not in the right place please don't kill me - it didn't really have a place in Regional Deals for Haiti, lol.

:edit2: My dad got Haiti mixed up with puerto rico apperantly.

I'd honestly say that I would be much more concerned about my safety, rather than finding cheap electronic, if I was traveling to Haiti, but good luck. I really don't think the odds of finding anything decent any low prices in such an impovershed place like that are very good. Either way, both the US Government and Wikitravel strongly suggests that people not travel there, so definitely say close to your tour group. Good luck, and stay safe.

Here's some link if you're looking for info:

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/tw/tw_917.html

http://wikitravel.org/en/Haiti

Are you sure you didnt mix up Haiti with another place? Haiti is the poorest country in the Western Hemisphere. I doubt you will find any electronics or video games there.

Hmm.. guess my dad was lying, lol.

I don't know too much about it, but my parents were talking to this lady about it for like an hour.

Then my dad mentioned an electronic type thing.. so of course I was like Score! But now.. i think I might be staying on the boat that day, lol. He could have also got it mixed up with another place, as its stopping at like 6 different places during the course of 10 days. I'll post them up and see if anyone knows about any of the other places. I know its also going to the dominican republic but thats pretty much as far as my knowledge of this cruise goes.

Thanks for the heads up guys.

Yeah man, Haiti is not the place you want to go for electronics. Maybe Puerto Rico, but I'm not to sure about "deals".

Thanks munch. We are in fact going to puerto rico as well - he said he might have gotten Haiti mixed up with something.

BTW, thanks CAGs, now i'm afraid to go into haiti, lol.

I have been to Haiti a couple times on cruises and I am still here. Granted, the last time I went was a couple of years ago, but most cruise lines that stop at Haiti own a private beach that no one ever leaves. I bet this will be the situation, in which case, you will be perfectly safe.

As for other islands, I can't remember which are the best for shopping, but I think you will find some deals due to no tax and such. However, watches, cameras, etc. are probably what you would save money on, but I wouldn't count on finding video games on the cheap.

bread's done
Back