Anyone bought a used game from Walmart?

triple07

CAGiversary!
So I was thinking of buying Eternal Sonata from Walmart online because they have the best price but I'm not sure if the game would be in good condition or if it comes with case and manual and I can't find any information on their website. So anyone have any info on it? Can anyone recommend buying from them or not?

[quote name='triple07']Is Hastings good? How are the disks they ship and do they come with a case and manual?[/QUOTE]

It's sort of a toss up with Hastings. Personally I have had great experiences with them, but it's sort of split. Newer games you have a better chance of getting everything in great condition, but for the older ones its sort of a crapshoot, so it depends.

[quote name='Squarehard']It's sort of a toss up with Hastings. Personally I have had great experiences with them, but it's sort of split. Newer games you have a better chance of getting everything in great condition, but for the older ones its sort of a crapshoot, so it depends.[/QUOTE]
Hmm so do they have any kind of guarantee or anything? That's my biggest problem with buying things online if there isn't a guarantee the games will work I'm pretty hesitant to buy anything since I can't see it for myself.

[quote name='triple07']Hmm so do they have any kind of guarantee or anything? That's my biggest problem with buying things online if there isn't a guarantee the games will work I'm pretty hesitant to buy anything since I can't see it for myself.[/QUOTE]

Well the good thing about Hastings is that they pretty much have a no BS return policy, so if you are at all unsatisfied with the condition of a used game, they will refund you and in most cases they just let you keep the game instead of having you send it back, but not all the time.

Generally customer service is pretty good with Hastings, so makes it a bit easier to shop used games there, although it gets tricky during B2G1for$1 since if the game that you got for $1 is the crappy one, they refund you $1 plus pro rated on the shipping of all the games you ordered, so in the end it's not even worth it to return that game if it was the $1 game, but vice versa if you return the one that isn't the $1 game, it makes the deal B1G1for$1, which would be a good deal, but the bottom line is the return policy is solid in most cases.

bread's done
Back