Anyone buy a system just to play one game ?

dutch72

CAGiversary!
Feedback
53 (100%)
I was discussing this In another thread and thought It might be Interesting to see. Am I the only one crazy enuff to buy a whole system to play a game 0n?....Anyway I bought a Sega Saturn just so I could play Dragon Force anyone else do the same ? Or should I just check my self In now while I'm sane enuff to do so ? :whistle2:k

The only reason I have a PS2 was to play FF series. It'll probably be the only reason I buy a PS3 as well.

i got an xbox and never wanted to play Halo I got it since i found 2 games 30 bucks cheaper on the Xbox then was the ps2 and though right there is 60 bucks off the xbox

i got a playstation just for tekken 3 since i played it at my friend's house, but then i realized there were a lot more good games.

I was the one who bought Saturn for just dragon force as well.
Lets see i got a cheap xbox just for ninja gaiden
Dreamcast i bought for 100 bucks just for PSO and this was like 2 months after i got my PS2 at launch!

Oh course i have other games for those systems but i got them for a sole purpose

Seriously now-

Saturn- Jap- X-Men VS Street Fighter

Which then led to the following games:
Enemy Zero
Sonic Jam
Guardian Heroes
Virtual Fighter 2
Hercs Adventure
Assult Lenyos 2
X-Men Vs. SF
Marvel Vs. SF
SF Alpha 3
Vampire Savior
Dungeons & Dragons Collection
Dracula X
Macross
Dead or Alive
Darius Gaiden
Daytona USA
Madden
Nights into Dreams
Thunder Force V
Radient Silvergun
Metal Slug

[quote name='friedram']Seriously now-

Saturn- Jap- X-Men VS Street Fighter

Which then led to the following games:
Enemy Zero
Sonic Jam
Guardian Heroes
Virtual Fighter 2
Hercs Adventure
Assult Lenyos 2
X-Men Vs. SF
Marvel Vs. SF
SF Alpha 3
Vampire Savior
Dungeons & Dragons Collection
Dracula X
Macross
Dead or Alive
Darius Gaiden
Daytona USA
Madden
Nights into Dreams
Thunder Force V
Radient Silvergun
Metal Slug[/quote]

Soo Ditto man! Saturn will alway have a place in my gaming collection :whistle2:D

Bought the ultra pricy Neo Geo home cart system for the original Samurai Shodown (when it was new).

Bought a Dreamcast when The House of the Dead 2 with light gun came out in Japan. I loved the original so much I HAD to get the sequel and play at home.

Never.

Every system I ever bought has been based on the strength of the upcoming games. Never for a single game.

When I bought the Gamecube I did it only because I was able to name 10 games I couldnt get on aonther system or were better on the cube than the PS2. I figured if I could fing 10 it would justify buying the system.

Sega Genesis for Sonic the Hedgehog ... I bought a few more games, but I ended up playing the Phantasy Star series on the Genesis as well, but I didn't get much else for it.

I used to be hardcore N-64, but the moment I saw the advertisement for Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete, I just had to buy that game! I ran out and bought a PS1 just for Lunar! Now, my PS1/PS2 collection is massive!

at the time i got a gamecube when metroid prime came out.....thats the only reason i wanted it....i would of gotten one anywayz though eventually for wrestling games

I bought a cheapy Xbox to play Fable. Not up to the Hype, but dam good. Now though, there's a good deal more games I want that I couldn't get on the cube, so I'm happy with my purchase....even though it is a Thompson drive.

Xbox for Halo a year after release. I was caught up in the hype of all the people who said it was a great game and it was but i now play alot of games on it so im glad I did fall for the hype.

Never really bought a system for ONE game but I did decide on getting a cube after Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes came out. I was boderline about getting a cube before and when I found out that it was exclusive, I went out and bought a cube the day Twin Snakes was released. IT was a mistake since the game was a dissapointment. But I got some other great multiplayer games that my ps2 really lacks.

You and me both. I loved Tempest 2K, but Tempest 3K was disappointing IMHO.

The VLM on the machine, though, is fantastic. I love playing Christmas music on it...8)

RD

[quote name='LeRoy']I bought a DVD Nuon just so I could play Tempest 3000. The VLM features are spiffy too.[/quote]

C'mon, no one bought their N64 to only play Mario64? Every console sold at launch was bought for that purpose alone (don't tell me it was Pilotwings 64). There were only 2 or 3 games available for the first few months of the system's existence...

I am sooo about to get xbox for Halo 2. I played 2 minutes in gamerush the other day and I was impressed. But im trying to wait for the price to drop.
I grabbed dreamcast for NFL2K

I originally bought a Gamecube to play Rogue Squadron. I had the game before the system was even launched. I was a huge fan of the N64 game.

Still is one of the best Star Wars games to date.

But my game collection for the cube is huge.

Virtual Boy for NESTERS FUNKY BOWLING! and i had a Jaguar which as somebody stated HAD no games. I remember highly anticipating a game called KASUMI NINJA and it was utter trash.

Nintendo to play Mario Brothers....just kidding. Nope, never bought a system for one game....

I first bought XBOX for Halo....but I realized the potential of it, and have many games now....

[quote name='LeRoy']I bought a DVD Nuon just so I could play Tempest 3000. The VLM features are spiffy too.[/quote]

Now THAT'S determination! :lol:

and in the spirit of the thread...I bought a cube so I could play Godzilla DAMM when it was still an exclusive.

Not really. There's always many games I buy my platforms for. But the cloest system to now being like that is my Xbox, because all I basically play on it is a few racers like Rallisport 2 and PGR2.

I also bought a Sega Saturn just to play Shining Force 3. I spent 125.00 for the game and 25.00 for the system but it was worht it I guess.

i bought an xbox for ninja gadien but my boys tell me that you cant have an xbox without halo so that led me 2 halo 2 dam in hooker to my xbox . my gc jus takes dust now my ps2 still gets some use gta sandrea an xmen

bread's done
Back