Anyone doing the BF games spreadsheet this year?

Black Friday turned into a month and a half long sale so it's much harder. There's Black Friday stuff on sale right now and people just don't know it like $50 PS5 controllers. They think it will be cheaper on Black Friday.

I'm ok with digital sales - I just have a gift card for both best buy and amazon I've been saving for a month to use so hope I can for good deals.

Looking specifically for

* Spiderman 2 (not holding my breath)

* Final Fantasy 16

* AC Mirage for PC

The rest, I guess I'll see what steam and such are doing unless anything else catches my eye.

There's no deals to report. Hopefully we just don't know about them because there's no physical ads, and not because there won't be any deals. It really does suck though. Usually by this time we know most of the big upcoming deals. Kills the fun when there's nothing to be excited for.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's interesting to see stores starting to stock the items from their Black Friday ads, but to have not seen the ads yet.  (On shelves that are 8-10 feet off the ground so most people can't reach them, but they're already on the sales floor rather than in the back.)

I'm hoping for some amount of activity around here in the next few weeks, mostly because in the past the community has been better about surfacing some of the more niche deals and helping a bit by providing a bit of a curated look rather than a just a straight data-dump, as slickdeals, dekudeals and Wario64's Twitter stream tend to be good for that,  but slickdeal's threads tend to be a little more hit and miss in telling you if an indie game or AAA game of years past is worth the price.  (Or if you'd be better off waiting for it to be in a bundle on Steam, etc). 

Plus, with Target's Buy 2, Get 1 sale, and Gamestops 25%/50%/75% sale and random Amazon price drops, I've already found a small number of things worth grabbing. 

Amazon:  Pocky and Rocky ($12) for the Switch: (falls a bit through the day if it hasn't sold in a few hours). 
                Demon Throttle ($17) for the Switch:  Physical Only release by Devolver

Gamestop:  R-Type Final 3 Evolved ($25):  Exclusive to Playstation 5.

I do hope there's a few more reasonable deals on new games, as it would be nice to see a good deal on Super Mario Wonder or Spider-man 2 that were a one-time deal on QVC/HSN or require a $75 Best Buy membership. 

I purchased two spiderman ps5 controllers at target for $74.99. I didn't even know that the ps5 controllers were on sale and almost didn't catch it. Luckily target price matched them. I also think black friday is pretty much dead. 

Retailers want people to buy throughout the month of October and November and also have a big boost on black friday itself. By announcing the black friday sales early, less people will pay attention to the pre black friday sales and early black friday sales going on for the past few weeks. Everyone freaked out last year when deals weren't "leaked" right away and it was probably around this week when deals were announced. I imagine retailers will show their cards in the next couple days.

Here's the thread from last year if anyone wants to take a trip down memory lane

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/374398-black-friday-videogame-2022-list-and-general-discussion/

Last year, someone made a great Excel spreadsheet and kept it up to date. Props to them. Not informed on Excel enough to make one myself unfortunately, plus that'd be pretty time-consuming.

Deku Deals is the site I use.  It is amazing.  Easy to naviagte and can create your wishlist and colection of your games (so you don't buy something twice...or thrice lol)

plus no forums so you don't hop into one and read people complaining about the same thing for years...cough cough Gamestop thread :rofl:

Last year, someone made a great Excel spreadsheet and kept it up to date. Props to them. Not informed on Excel enough to make one myself unfortunately, plus that'd be pretty time-consuming.
I seem to remember a Google sheet that was continually updated. It was nice for reference. If it doesn't get made this year then I am fine to stick with my Dekudeals wishlist method along with Wario64 like I do the rest of the year. The insane door buster deals are not worth it for me.

Not that big a deal (another example of stupid changes), but Pocky and Rocky was censored for its U.S. release.
I realize you say it's not that big a deal... but I want to emphasize it's a single image of characters talking where some cleavage is covered. It doesn't change the game experience since most probably don't even look at the static images during these little text exchanges.

true!   physical game sales decreasing are a sad sign of the times for all of us physical collectors; games or movie discs. 

I miss the black friday game and movie sales hype of years gone by!

I'm still so backlogged on games, but it's hard for me to pass up a deal and I like looking at the spreadsheet to plan out where I go. But it does seem like everything is going to digital. 

Anyone recommend any hard-hitting PS5 games? 

I am hoping to see RE4 Remake drop to $19.99, but am scouting around to see if there are any additional games that can hold my attention.

I'm a rather seasoned, jaded gamer that has played and beaten several hundred games from start to finish, and at this point, most games cannot seem to grab my attention.

I do think its odd this year that there are already "black friday deals" and have been for the last 1-2 weeks. Its the earliest I can remember this happening. 

Not sure if it means the actual black friday deals will be better or if these will essentially just be extended and the prices will be the same.

I started the past couple years' Google sheets for BF. The CAG community helped a lot in filling out the sheets. I stopped after Cheapy started editing my posts and putting in his own affiliate links, trying to profit off of my and the community's hard (free) work. I asked him politely to not do it and he dragged me in the comments. 

Super scummy move and I'm not making the sheet again. Sorry guys. 

I started the past couple years' Google sheets for BF. The CAG community helped a lot in filling out the sheets. I stopped after Cheapy started editing my posts and putting in his own affiliate links, trying to profit off of my and the community's hard (free) work. I asked him politely to not do it and he dragged me in the comments.

Gotta make money somehow, off this dying website.

site is a shell of its former self. I only come here to check the gamestop thread and i see anything interesting about once in every 15 times i look

Damn... that really happened? I remember your spreadsheets in 2020 and 2021. That was a lot of unnecessary work you did for us. That drama must have gotten nuked from existence. Those sheets were much appreciated though.

This place helped me get a lot of good games at good prices once upon time. Especially BF sales, this year been the worse. :( I think physicals finally dying too.

I do think its odd this year that there are already "black friday deals" and have been for the last 1-2 weeks. Its the earliest I can remember this happening.

Not sure if it means the actual black friday deals will be better or if these will essentially just be extended and the prices will be the same.
Sadly, think it just means extended. Wish that there would be discounts on games outside of the "normal" ones...most people (at least here) have those already.

How interesting would it be if Amazon?Sony did a % off coupon for games on your wish list (Make it so you couldn't add new items on one certain day...I don't know, just saying that would be cool...discounts on games I already have are of no use)

I know I stated it before, but I am telling you deku deals site is where to go.  I can't recall the last time I came to this site and actually found a deal..and the twitter feed here isn't help either.  Feels like they are always mentioning some statue for 184.99 of some scantily clad woman.

Gamestop thread = people still asking about $5 coupon or complaining getting used instead of new (although some of the insane flips people do is entertaining to read)

Limited Run Games thread = people complaining about their shipping / process

Not gonna lie, this site was so cool back in the day. It was nice seeing those tagged threads for the best buys, toys r us, target, walmart and circuit city weekly ads. Good times.

Oh, ad leaks were so much fun.

Much like how forums, then reddit, then video killed strategy guides, twitter, discord, and the shift to digital database sites killed forums.

It's still fun to generally discuss deals, when they exist, but let's face it, physical discounts are basically only clearance or holiday sales at this point.

I have more fun scouting local game stores, but that's a luxury living in a bigger US city. I suppose Mercari, eBay, Craigslist, and Facebook Marketplace place have deals from time to time, but that's only used.

Aside, it kinda sucks we're backsliding now and that you have to debate whether to buy more obscure titles at MSRP or risk them going out of print and spiking above MSRP...

bread's done
Back