Anyone else bother to play all the way through Culdcept?

daikaiju

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Well, it's taken my quite a bit of time on and off, but I just finished Culdcept's story mode. To be honest, I thought the story was pretty corny the whole way through, but then they throw a little curve ball at the end which made the whole thing kinda endearing in some weird quirky way. In any event, I can't believe I've spent as much time with this game as I have - easily my most played game all year. The thing I really like about it is that even though I've "beaten" the game, I'm still missing some cards in my set which of course will keep me playing. And then don't get me started on multiplayer...we have Culdcept night 1-2x a week still, and have for months. BTW, if you don't own this game, for $12 lousy clams at EB it can be yours - don't be a tool - RUN to the store and get it...

Wasn't someone on here going to start a Culdcept fan site ... Defender maybe?

I don't really see what people like about the game, I got it for $12 played the first 3 arenas and got sick of walking around in a damn circle. It got old really quick.

I've bought this game, but have been too lazy to hook my PS2 back up to my TV. I keep meaning to play it, then just stick with Madden on the XBox or watch a DVD.

I like the gameplay, but the story is just silly. Never bothered completing it, I found out the hard way that you can't copy the save file to another memory card :(

I haven't finished it, in fact I haven't even gotten that far, because I *really* need to work on my deck; I am very poor at weighing my deck. Apart from that, I like the game; so far, the story is indeed somewhat cheesy, but that's not really the main point of the game.

Without question, weighing your deck is one of the most important factors in the game...Not to mention, that there are quite a few cards you can aquire through playing that really allow for strategic deck building (themes if you will). Also - the more you play it, the BETTER and STRONGER your decks can become as you aquire multiples of useful cards. Just playing it once doesn't really do it justice, and it really shines in multiplayer - especially if you have a few friends that are into it as well.

I actually got up to the final stage, but just too lazy to finish it up. Than I started playing DW7 and never looked back. Btw Culdcept is a great game, and its just so addicting to see what cards you'll get next. Definately worth the 12 bucks I spent.

i really should pick this game up somwhere and at least check it out....i don't think it's my type of game but I like to try games that people speak highly of

I didn't get all the way through the game, but I did enjoyed what I've played so far. -sigh- If only I had friends who enoyed it as well...

OK i finally plugged up my PS2 and gave this game a try. It's not bad. I'm gonna need to get through the learning curve, but it's got an interesting style to it.

I've been on the fence with this one. I ordered one from eb and cancelled awhile back. I may just finally go for it at least for collections sake. It looks fun but I dunno if I'd put the time into it to make it worthwhile. The sealed games are starting to pile up.

I've got about 25 sealed games on the back burner because of this.

I finally finished getting all the cards about two weeks ago. I've been trying to get all 50 medals, off and on. I'm at 35 right now.

Seriously, if you put some time into this, there's depth that isn't evident right away. Every person I've convinced to play (and all of them start by clowning me for even owning it) has gotten addicted. One of my buddies bought a PS2 just for this game.

Most my friends with PS2's just buy Madden and GTA so I probably wouldn't get much out of multiplayer. I'm still going for it though.

You'd expect the quirkiness in the story mode if you read the Culdcept manga... it just gets downright silly in points.

[quote name='JSweeney']You'd expect the quirkiness in the story mode if you read the Culdcept manga... it just gets downright silly in points.[/quote]

I do like the fact that the two hidden characters are the protagonists of the manga.

bread's done
Back