Anyone else considering the Best Buy PS2/Rock Band bundle to part out?

lukewin

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Just like the topic asks, anyone else considering the Best Buy PS2/Rock Band bundle to part out? I'm thinking of doing it. I'd probably re-sell the PS2, bundle it with a few of my games sitting on my TL. I'd also try to sell the guitar for Rock Band, since I'm getting 2 Red Octane wireless guitars from an ebay auction, unless there is a reason to keep it. I will probably get another PS3 in the distant future, since I sold my launch 20 gig way back. I'm pretty sure the drums will be able to be used on both, but I am not too sure about the compatibility with the PS2 guitars. Any advice or anyone else thinking of doing this?

i did it
all of the "instruments" are compatible with the ps3 version
you do have to purchase the ps3 software however

haven't opened up the guitar myself, but i will eventually have to if my friends and i get our rock on; you can only plug in one standard plug ps2 guitar if someone is on the microphone, because you need to plug in a ps2 controller when someone wants to use the microphone

be aware, although the ad isn't specific, the discount comes from $35 off the ps2 system and an additional $35 off the rock band bundle

i went in thinking the discount was entirely on the rock band bundle, o well, still just returning the ps2 for its depreciated value

[quote name='WHFinest187']i did it
all of the "instruments" are compatible with the ps3 version
you do have to purchase the ps3 software however

haven't opened up the guitar myself, but i will eventually have to if my friends and i get our rock on; you can only plug in one standard plug ps2 guitar if someone is on the microphone, because you need to plug in a ps2 controller when someone wants to use the microphone

be aware, although the ad isn't specific, the discount comes from $35 off the ps2 system and an additional $35 off the rock band bundle

i went in thinking the discount was entirely on the rock band bundle, o well, still just returning the ps2 for its depreciated value[/quote]

Why not simply try selling the PS2 on here or somewhere instead of taking a loss on it?

so far, i've been able to sell the guitar for $93.00 on ebay, w/ $15 shipping. gonna keep the drums and the usb hub. also got the microphone on ebay, but no bites yet, and i'm gonna put the game on there eventually since i got a free one from play-n-trade, see http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176831 haven't decided what I'm going to go with the silver slim ps2 i bought, but it'll eventually go on sale somewhere.

yeah, i wouldn't pay that much for the guitar itself, but some people do, which was good for me. i've seen them go for $100, which is what i had my buy it now set at, but someone offered me $93, and i took it. tip to anyone trying to sell the guitar, don't ship it via USPS. I got charged $24, b/c of the dimensions of the box. I cut up another box to go outside the rock band guitar box. i took a loss on shipping there, but no big deal. i dropped the price of the microphone from $20 to $15, and it's been sold. the slim ps2 is up on ebay, at an unreasonable price, but i'm hoping people will make offers.

I can't believe my luck. I just logged onto ebay b/c I had an offer for $125 for this lot http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=290218413257&ssPageName=STRK:MESO:IT&ih=019
It actually sold for the price I had it listed at, $159.99, w/ $15.99 shipped. I wish I had picked up more than one of the PS2/Rock Band bundles. According to my receipt, I paid $90.67 for the PS2 and $119.31 for the Rock Band Bundle. (Had $10 in RZ Certificates). $225.20 for both. Sold the guitar for $108.99 shipped, microphone for $21.98, and the PS2 bundle for $175.98, for a total of $306.95. I've gotten paid $81.75 to keep the drums and game for Rock Band. I got Eye Toy Antigrav at K-Mart for $5, Eye Toy Operation Spy at Gamerush, I think for under $5, and the other 2 games came in a 4 pack I got from CC for $4.96 after a pricing mistake on the website. I'm so stoked right now.

[quote name='sailorchrono']Wow, that's crazy, I can't believe anyone would pay that much for the guitar just by itself @_@[/QUOTE]
My 360 guitar went for $85 shipped. The PS3 bundle I got for $80 (!!!) on Craigslist ended up making $250 after parting it out. The guitar alone went for $120 shipped.

Silly Canadians. :)

bread's done
Back