Anyone else excited for I AM ALIVE from Ubisoft?

Normally, I don't get into the survival/survival horror games, but this one had a pretty unique premise. You're the survivor of a major earthquake in Chicago and you have to get survivors to work together to get a refugee camp going, while apparently fighting other survivors for food, water and presumably medicine to help the wounded.

From the only trailer(E3 2008)released for the game, it shows you running from some enemies(who are former co-workers as is also shown in the video via a flashback to hours earlier)and trying to survive.

It was this trailer that got me really interested in the game, along with the info that you could use the environment to your advantage in the game, though it was also revealed that the environment could be to your detriment as well(falling rubble could kill you).

Anyway, is there anyone else interested in this game besides me?

Moreover, I found THIS listing on zavvi.com(UK site) listing the game as having a May 30th release date, yet the game has been pushed back supposedly to 2011 sometime and switched development houses within Ubisoft.

Here's the trailer I was talking about from E3 2008:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pN0CiFs3U9I&feature=fvst

So, you think this project is DOA or does it have some chance of still being ALIVE?

It's a unique premise for sure, I'm just unsure of how enjoyable of a game it will make for. The scenes in the trailer were a bit ridiculous, and the CG work looked pretty awkward.

Not too optimistic here personally. It might be good though, but the concept doesn't sound like my cup of tea either way.

I play games for the SINGLE player experience, though multiplayer in a ruined city could be good if the 'better' players have to spend 5 minutes climbing debris to get off a shot or if you could use improvised weapons.

I play game for single player too, but I don't see why I'd play this game... I could go watch I Am Legend again and feel ripped off the same way. As for Multiplayer, I guess you've never played MW2 or BC 2 online? I have no idea how you'd get anywhere, but dead in this game.

I can't stand most FPS games for multiplayer. I tried COD: MW1 and I tried the original Bad Company and aside from being able to use grenades and turrets n crap to expose sniping idiots in BC, I couldn't stand the damn mp for either.

I was waiting for more info on this one and forgot all about it, nice to see its gonna be multiplatform now. Just wish they would put out a solid release date and some more info on it.

[quote name='Vincent_Core']You should play Disaster Report and Raw Danger to get you more pumped for this game.[/QUOTE]

If I could find a cheap PS2 on Craigslist in my area, I definitely would, as I was looking into those two games for a while as well.

I'm just curious to see if maybe this game will release in May or if that zavvi site just never updated their info.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I can't stand most FPS games for multiplayer. [/QUOTE]

Just saying, they can't even work together to win a match and here's a game where people have to work together to survive... ? Good luck with that.

But that would make it more interesting, if you ask me, if you had to worry about not only the other players but also the game enviro killing you. I think GTA Liberty City on PS3 gives 'half credit' if someone else on your team helps you in getting a kill. That would be an interesting idea I think for a game like this.

[quote name='pixi']"water! =D"
-1 second later-
-crash-

LOL[/QUOTE]

That was what got me about the trailer for this game was that the lead character used the environment to his advantage in it. Of course, I was also a bit in awe when he clambered up on that big pile of debris to reveal the ruined city in the trailer.

Could you imagine having to explore teetering skyscrapers looking for other survivors, knowing that at any moment those buildings could crumble beneath your feet?

This game just gives me a reason to pick up a nice big HD TV and a PS3. Nothing like running from a falling skyscraper and pissing my pants in my living room.

[quote name='Vincent_Core']You should play Disaster Report and Raw Danger to get you more pumped for this game.[/QUOTE]

THIS! Those games were fantastic, and cater to such an untapped market. I guess a game like this sort of falls somewhere along the lines of Heavy Rain, but in a totally different way. Similar style though. I just tend to really enjoy games like this that think outside the box. There really aren't too many games that branch out beyond aliens, guns, cars, and sports. Really looking forward to this one.

Seeing as how there is really no info about it, no, not really.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Moreover, I found THIS listing on zavvi.com(UK site) listing the game as having a May 30th release date, yet the game has been pushed back supposedly to 2011 sometime and switched development houses within Ubisoft.[/QUOTE]

Obviously a placeholder date. Anytime you see a game with an unconfirmed release date on a game retailer website, tagged as shipping on the last day of a month, it's almost always a random placeholder date for their system.

Besides, you don't ship a major title in a month with no hype build-up.

Disaster Report was one of the freshest experiences I had in a long time back when I originally played it, no enemies, only you vs the environment. There were irritating parts because of the AI partner you had to lug around, and give things too, but those aren't totally mandatory to finish the game.

I was shocked to see it had like 5 different endings, I only played through one of them, but still I haven't played anything since it came out (excluding Raw Danger that is) that even comes close to the experience I had with it. I was looking forward to Disaster: Day of Crisis, but Nintendo decided we didn't need the game here in the US.

So yeah I'm interested in it, if they do well by it, it could turn out to be a sleeper hit, I'm keeping an eye on it.

bread's done
Back