Anyone else get a free Reward Zone renewal in the mail today?

wannabepunktony

CAGiversary!
Feedback
29 (100%)
Quite to my surprise, I received a letter in the mail today from Best Buy telling me they renewed my RZ card for another year for free. To which I said, sure, I'll take that.

Just curious to see if the rest of you received the same thing...?

I had one show up for my renewal in August.

I think they do it for accounts that show a drop-off in purchases, since my 2003-2004 purchases are much more than 2004-2005. I received my card for free in 2003, and paid for the renewal in 2004.

I gotta that letter a few weeks ago, too. They also sent me a $10 off of the xbox live renewal card email about 3 weeks ago, which I used to get a renewal card with a free xbox controller bag.

Mine just expired last month but I didn't even get the discounted/coupon offer, let alone the free renewal. I must be moving up on their 'Demon Customer' list.

[quote name='mietha']They sent me one last year... about a week AFTER I'd already paid to renew. I was REAL happy about that.[/QUOTE]

Do the memberships stack?

[quote name='mietha']They sent me one last year... about a week AFTER I'd already paid to renew. I was REAL happy about that.[/QUOTE]

Ah man, THAT would piss me off, heh. =P

I was kind of surprised to get one since my expires at the end of December and it seems like everyone else got one closer to their expire date.

I've never paid for the RZ card . . . my first year (July 2003) came free in the mail. In 04 I got a 10,000 point bonus coupon via email that made it free ($10 cert came later). '

And then this July it was just free.

It's been a good deal for me.

They renewed my past two years for free, but it doesn't really matter anymore because I read that the Reward Zone program is going to be free starting sometime in November. So, hip-hip-hooray for everyone that bought a membership lately.

[quote name='shipwreck']They renewed my past two years for free, but it doesn't really matter anymore because I read that the Reward Zone program is going to be free starting sometime in November. So, hip-hip-hooray for everyone that bought a membership lately.[/QUOTE]

Where did you read this at? This would kill one of Best Buy's largest edges over the other chains if they decided to make this free.

I mean, look at their ad for this week for Cinderella... free lithium print for Reward Zone members when you buy the DVD. You know Best Buy is going to absolutely rape the other stores in terms of sales now, and all the Disney fanatics will throw down the $10 bucks for a RZ membership if they don't have one.

Would be stupid to just give it out for free, unless they broke the membership up into tiers now, kind of like the new Xbox Live.

my mom got one in the mail saturday....probably 'cause she never goes there....they know i go there once every 2 weeks, so they know im willing to buy my own renewal...bastards

[quote name='shipwreck']They renewed my past two years for free, but it doesn't really matter anymore because I read that the Reward Zone program is going to be free starting sometime in November. So, hip-hip-hooray for everyone that bought a membership lately.[/QUOTE]

I think they starting up Reward Zone Credit Card, that may have some thing do with this.

[quote name='Roufuss']Where did you read this at? This would kill one of Best Buy's largest edges over the other chains if they decided to make this free.

I mean, look at their ad for this week for Cinderella... free lithium print for Reward Zone members when you buy the DVD. You know Best Buy is going to absolutely rape the other stores in terms of sales now, and all the Disney fanatics will throw down the $10 bucks for a RZ membership if they don't have one.

Would be stupid to just give it out for free, unless they broke the membership up into tiers now, kind of like the new Xbox Live.[/QUOTE]

I want to say it was in my renewal letter this past time. It mentioned about how they were going to change the point system and make the whole program free. I threw away the letter though, so I can't quote it exactly. I just remember the changes are supposed to go into affect in November.

bread's done
Back