Anyone else get residue on their game discs?

What system? What part of the disc?

In almost any instance I would say no, but if you want / expect any kind of help, you need to provide us with some information.

I'm talking about PS2 discs. It's a clear residue on the entire underside of the disc. I'd like to say it's caused by moisture, but I'm not exactly sure.

I tried wiping it and it seems to come off easily. Nonetheless, does this happen to anyone else?

[quote name='Puffa469']This only happens to my Saturn import Hentai games.[/quote]

first, LOL at this statement.

second, where do you keep your games that they get residue on them? I've never had that problem ever.

Is probably humidity as he said. Watch where you keep them to make sure is not humidity,. If it is, It may be affecting other things such as your electronics...

I've noticed it, assuming we're seeing the same thing. My 'cube games don't seem to be effected, but many of my PS2 games develop a residue after a while. I've always assumed it was dust that has collected and "clumped" while spinning in the disk drive. On a few discs though are spots that look like a liquid that has dried and left a residue. I have no idea what it is or where it came from. These are new/sealed games, and when they're not in the PS2 they go right back into their cases.

[quote name='Allnatural']I've noticed it, assuming we're seeing the same thing. My 'cube games don't seem to be effected, but many of my PS2 games develop a residue after a while. I've always assumed it was dust that has collected and "clumped" while spinning in the disk drive. On a few discs though are spots that look like a liquid that has dried and left a residue. I have no idea what it is or where it came from. These are new/sealed games, and when they're not in the PS2 they go right back into their cases.[/quote]

LoL this thread is full of them... My question is that how is it possible to have the game new/sealed when you are putting it in your PS2?

These are new/sealed games, and when they're not in the PS2 they go right back into their cases.[/quote]

Again im sorry I just wanted to highlight that

bread's done
Back