Anyone else get used version of Disgaea DS from amazon deal?

y2jasper

CAGiversary!
so i ordered a copy of Disgaea DS from Amazon on monday, when they were selling it for $14, which i thought was a perfect price. i noticed it was being sold by BigGameVendor, but i figured it should still be good, its fulfilled by amazon.
forward to today and i got it in the mail, opened it up to find that it is definitly used and resealed. not only was the game placed upside down in the case, BUT it also came with 2 game manuals inside! its almost like a compensation for being tricked!

edit: ok i feel a little stupid, the reason there are two manuals is because one is in french and one is english (i don't see the need for 2, but ok). but the game was still upside down!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='y2jasper']so i ordered a copy of Disgaea DS from Amazon on monday, when they were selling it for $14, which i thought was a perfect price. i noticed it was being sold by BigGameVendor, but i figured it should still be good, its fulfilled by amazon.
forward to today and i got it in the mail, opened it up to find that it is definitly used and resealed. not only was the game placed upside down in the case, BUT it also came with 2 game manuals inside! its almost like a compensation for being tricked![/QUOTE]

i didn't buy disgaea DS from Amazon but file a claim with them, what they did is fraudulent and you should be compensated.

i don't know about BigGameVendor but i remember Piece of Mind Media was doing this as well. id say contact them and see what they have to say about it, unless you're not that worried about it.

DS shrinkwrap comes in all flavors of good to junk. Other than upside-down cart, what else leads you to still believe it was resealed?

It's rather unlikely, but doesn't seem impossible that the cart was put in upside down at the MFG. At this point the only thing that would make it 100% used is damage to the cart/booklets or saved-game data.

A sidenote about fulfilled by Amazon: Amazon lets vendors store stock at an Amazon warehouse, so when it needs to ship Amazon can do it directly for them. The stock is supposed to be from the vendor, so you're not actually getting the same exact item as it would be if sold by Amazon directly. The only exception to this rule is when certain vendors runs out of stock, then Amazon can substitute with their own inventory until the vendor replenishes theirs.

What's most important here is that a $1.99 McRib is delicious.

[quote name='crzyjoeguy']i don't know about BigGameVendor but i remember Piece of Mind Media was doing this as well. id say contact them and see what they have to say about it, unless you're not that worried about it.[/QUOTE]

well i'm not too worried about it, since even if it was used it's hard to find it anywhere at that price, just wondering if it was common.

DS shrinkwrap comes in all flavors of good to junk. Other than upside-down cart, what else leads you to still believe it was resealed?

It's rather unlikely, but doesn't seem impossible that the cart was put in upside down at the MFG. At this point the only thing that would make it 100% used is damage to the cart/booklets or saved-game data.

A sidenote about fulfilled by Amazon: Amazon lets vendors store stock at an Amazon warehouse, so when it needs to ship Amazon can do it directly for them. The stock is supposed to be from the vendor, so you're not actually getting the same exact item as it would be if sold by Amazon directly. The only exception to this rule is when certain vendors runs out of stock, then Amazon can substitute with their own inventory until the vendor replenishes theirs.

What's most important here is that a $1.99 McRib is delicious.

well since i realized it is supposed to have two manuals, the game being upside down is the only thing that makes me think it was used. i suppose theres the slight possibility that it was just packed in wrong...

also side note, haven't ever had the McRib, but i hear good things

Actually, it could be possible that the game comes new with the cart upside down.

I experienced a similar problem when I ordered Castlevania: OoE.
The game was brand new from amazon, but the cart was upside down.
I posted a topic about on gamefaqs and others reported that their copies came like that too.

I've gotten games brand spanking new that had the carts placed in the case upside-down. It's not a very common occurrence, but it does happen.

Now, the two manuals tells me something. I got the same thing when I ordered Disgaea DS through GameQuestDirect. You got the Canadian version. Canadian law states that products must include English and French versions of all text, and that includes video game manuals. Your game was opened, the french manual was inserted, and the case was resealed. It's still "new" I guess, as it's very unlikely anyone played it.

The game being upside down is not an issue. I've had DS games come with carts upside down, I believe this includes NISA I've bought. Don't worry about it unless there's already a save file on the game or something.

i think my copy from rosenqueen came upside down as well .... and that was new...

maybe someone put the boxes on the belt the wrong way

if not comfortable with it, you can get a full refund easily.
also, as mentioned several amazon resellers are resealing games, including NorAm/Peace of Mind Media and likely hitgaming, theres a thread about all that here, so may be this seller is amongst those tricksters

I have gotten copies of various games where the cart was upside down, these were copies that were brand new from the store or obviously not resealed. If there was a save file on the game that would be different, but I don't think there is any cause for alarm here because it has happened to me before.

French manuals and printing on the back is also normal too, I don't think games can be sold in canada anymore unless they come with a french/english manual so its possible that game makers had to change the packaging/manual to keep up with the new standards. These games are for use in the USA and Canada so I believe that is where that comes from.

My launch copy of Disgaea DS came like that, crappy looking "reseal" and all. Unfortunately not all DS games use the Y-fold sealing so it becomes much tougher to tell if it's a reseal. In summary, I'm 99% sure you got a brand new game :)

bread's done
Back