Anyone else having trouble listing items on eBay right now?

cabbage8921

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
I keep trying to list Mario Kart DS onto eBay, but when I press List Item at the end, I just get an error saying the server could not be found or something like that.

LOL. They may also be implementing the new fees and changes. Who knows? I'm going to be steering clear from eBay hopefully for the next few weeks, selling and buying.

Also, I put a pair of old baseball cleats up on ebay. I put a BIN price, but suddenly it just disappeared when I checked today. When I click revise listing the BIN is there, but it doesn't show up on the auction. :bomb:

BTW, the item listing problem seems to have been fixed. Just listed Mario Kart DS.

I listed a silver PS2 slim on ebay on Saturday. I at first put down a BIN price, then changed my mind and revised the auction (before finalizing it, of course). Two hours into the auction, the buy-it-now price suddenly listed in addition to the standard bidding. Of course somebody snagged the buy-it-now before I could fix it, but oh well.

I think steering clear of ebay for a while is an appropriate choice.

Its been a little more than a day since I listed up the baseball cleats. Hope the BIN pops up. I was going to go to ebay's live help chat about this but.. [FONT=veranda,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]We are currently experiencing high volume and extended wait times.[/FONT]

I asked about my item and the disappeared buy it now button...

agent.png
Victor I.As I see the item already has a bid, once there is a bid on the item, the Buy It Now tab disappears.

Is that true? I don't recall that happening before.

[quote name='cabbage8921']I asked about my item and the disappeared buy it now button...

agent.png
Victor I.As I see the item already has a bid, once there is a bid on the item, the Buy It Now tab disappears.

Is that true? I don't recall that happening before.[/quote]

It is true, unless you have a reserve on the item. At least so far as I recall.

I have Mario Kart DS listed and someone bid on it, but he messaged me if he can buy it now. How would I do this? Sorry I'm kind of a noob at ebay.

[quote name='cabbage8921']I have Mario Kart DS listed and someone bid on it, but he messaged me if he can buy it now. How would I do this? Sorry I'm kind of a noob at ebay.[/QUOTE]

You can end an item early to sell to the highest bidder. At least I'm pretty sure that's still an option when you go to close a listing.

But make sure you won't (most likely) get more by just letting the auction run it's course. Check completed listings.

I'd lean towards just letting the listing run unless he's offering more than they typically go for.

[quote name='wubb']You can end an item early to sell to the highest bidder. At least I'm pretty sure that's still an option when you go to close a listing.

But make sure you won't (most likely) get more by just letting the auction run it's course. Check completed listings.

I'd lean towards just letting the listing run unless he's offering more than they typically go for.[/QUOTE]
I would tell him to send payment first. Once payment is sent, he can either end auction with no winner stating item is no longer available (wont be able to leave feedback) or sell to highest bidder. Only problem with this is that you might have some sneaky buyers. Say for instance BIN is $20. seller ends auction at $5. Buyer can come back and say, I won it for $5 and sellers is charging me $20. Having emails may showing convo may not work.

If he's serious about buying it, end auction with no bidder and relist with BIN since it seems eBay is working now. Just give new auction link to interested buyer

I listed 4 things on eBay and all BIN's and reserve showed with no problems

[quote name='iazybandit']I would tell him to send payment first. Once payment is sent, he can either end auction with no winner stating item is no longer available (wont be able to leave feedback) or sell to highest bidder. Only problem with this is that you might have some sneaky buyers. Say for instance BIN is $20. seller ends auction at $5. Buyer can come back and say, I won it for $5 and sellers is charging me $20. Having emails may showing convo may not work.[/QUOTE]

That's a good point and I have no idea if it's assumed by eBay that you and the buyer would have worked out an amount most likely more than the current bid or if technically you are saying you've agreed to sell it for the current bid.

[quote name='wubb']That's a good point and I have no idea if it's assumed by eBay that you and the buyer would have worked out an amount most likely more than the current bid or if technically you are saying you've agreed to sell it for the current bid.[/QUOTE]
Whatever the ending price of the auction whether the time limited expired or seller ended, thats a contract. Buyer would automatically win.

Also remember that eBay does not condone outside sales of items. So its either OP ends auction with no winner and relists it and emails interested buyer or leave it as is and let the auction ride it out.

Well he bid and its at $17.50 right now and the BIN price was 21.99. He messaged me saying that he would buy it for the BIN price + shipping, but I'm just waiting right now until he messages me back. I've got 3 watchers on it right now and about a day left. I'll just leave it be right now until he messages me back and hopefully we'll be able to work things out.

Thanks to everyone who posted here.

[quote name='cabbage8921']Well he bid and its at $17.50 right now and the BIN price was 21.99. He messaged me saying that he would buy it for the BIN price + shipping, but I'm just waiting right now until he messages me back. I've got 3 watchers on it right now and about a day left. I'll just leave it be right now until he messages me back and hopefully we'll be able to work things out.

Thanks to everyone who posted here.[/quote]

With 3 watchers and a day left, I don't think you'll have a problem getting at or near 21.99. It's not worth the problems that could arise from completing a sale outside of ebay (or semi-outside as this would end up). I'm with everyone else. Just let it ride out.

Best of luck!

bread's done
Back